It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: North Korea's Kim Jong Un will travel to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Reports: North Korea's Kim Jong Un will travel to Iran

worldnews.nbcnews.com

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is planning to travel to Tehran next week, in his first overseas visit since taking over after his father's death in December, South Korea’s Yonhap and Arirang news services reported on Wednesday.

Iran’s spokesman for the Non-Aligned Movement Summit confirmed that Kim would attend a meeting of the 120-member Non-Aligned Movement scheduled for Aug. 26-31, according to Seoul-based Arirang.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/22/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/22/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Kim Jong-Un is making his first foreign visit to Iran. The purpose of the visit is the Non-Aligned Movement summit.

These are contentious times for the DPRK's new leader to be visiting Iran. NK has recently accelerated construction of nuclear facilities.

I'm not sure much will come of this but, thought I would share.

worldnews.nbcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

nothing more than what I would expect, countries on US # list would extend ties with each other, it make sense.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well, Iranians were there to see their last atomic test so this isn't surprising. Shipping between the two is also apparently something that happens.

Then again...Iran isn't another planet. They do have commercial and all kinds of relations with nations from China to Japan to South Korea and until very recently, Europe. The fact Kim is going personally IS interesting..but also means there shouldn't be much happening war-wise. It wouldn't do to hit the wrong world leader..now would it? err..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Would be an opportunity of a lifetime for Israel.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Was not the Egyptian PM also going to Tehran next week???? could it be at the same time????

Ill get back here in a sec, when i find where i saw that the Egyptian PM was going to Tehran.

Egyptian president to attend non-aligned summit in Iran: official

CAIRO, Egypt -- An Egyptian presidential official says President Mohammed Morsi will attend a summit of non-aligned nations in Iran end of the month, in the first such visit in decades.

Namaste.
edit on 22/8/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
for those interested in what the Non-Aligned Movement is and what it believes.

Requirements for membership of the Non-Aligned Movement coincide with the key beliefs of the United Nations. The current requirements are that the candidate country has displayed practices in accordance with the ten "Bandung principles":[13]
Respect for fundamental human rights and for the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
Respect for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all nations.
Recognition of the movements for national independence.
Recognition of the equality of all races and of the equality of all nations, large and small.
Abstention from intervention or interference in the internal affairs of another country.
Respect for the right of each nation to defend itself singly or collectively, in conformity with the Charter of the United Nations.
Refraining from acts or threats of aggression or the use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any country.
Settlement of all international disputes by peaceful means, in conformity with the Charter of the United Nations.
Promotion of mutual interests and co-operation.
Respect for justice and international obligations.

source

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Requirements for membership of the Non-Aligned Movement coincide with the key beliefs of the United Nations. The current requirements are that the candidate country has displayed practices in accordance with the ten "Bandung principles":[13]
Respect for fundamental human rights and for the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
Respect for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all nations.
Recognition of the movements for national independence.
Recognition of the equality of all races and of the equality of all nations, large and small.
Abstention from intervention or interference in the internal affairs of another country.
Respect for the right of each nation to defend itself singly or collectively, in conformity with the Charter of the United Nations.
Refraining from acts or threats of aggression or the use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any country.
Settlement of all international disputes by peaceful means, in conformity with the Charter of the United Nations.
Promotion of mutual interests and co-operation.
Respect for justice and international obligations.

source

If that is truely their banner then i call BS....and for baby hewy to be going in person is suspect as the N Korean leaders dont like to travel much outside their home bubble.

Think about this meetin as a farce, and the true meeting is what to do about the west. Think of the kind of mess that war on those fronts would make.......

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Exactly... what the heck man. We're surrounded by liars and hypocrites on all sides. Guess I should just jump on the wagon. Ok everyone, it's confirmed. Next week I will be hosting a we're all aligned and we're all bs'ers conference. Everyone is welcome!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

Will there be punch and pie at this conference? And can I bring a hooker?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well doesn't this sound sketcky, NK are back into nuclear research and ICBM's..And they're planing to meet with Iran..it's probably going like this.."Hey Iran, we trade our ICBM tech for some of your nuclear rods..haha stupid Americans and Israelies.." So now it kinda does have me sketchy on what Iran and NK's intentions are..So is the US and Israel actually telling the truth?? We all know how messed up NK is..and them teaming with Iran.. Thats not a good sign...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry until you see Putin heading to Tehran ... Then I'll start to worry.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Interesting, but I'm not sure that N. Korea believes in fundamental human rights, so it's hard to take that list very seriously, if N. Korea is involved.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I had never heard of the Non-Aligned Movement and had to google it. Despite having questionable members like Iran and N. Korea their stated goal sounds ok and they also have some more respectable members like India. Apparently they a relic from the cold war and have struggled to find relevance since the Cold War ended. However with unilateral actions such as the invasion of Iraq as well as both Russia and China throwing their weight around recently perhaps they are becoming more relevant again.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
For a conspiracy site, you guys sure stick to the main story a lot.

Let's not forget that so far the "west" has been the initiator in all major conflicts of the last 2 decades. We were worried about nukes in Iraq and then spent what ten years standing around there wondering where they are.

Think about this story from the flip side. What if North Korea and Iran are genuinely concerned that their nuclear research will cause the west to attack them. This could be a more of a "share the work" kind of thing instead of a "ahahahahahhahahah lets attack america ahahahahahha" kind of meeting

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Interesting, but I'm not sure that N. Korea believes in fundamental human rights, so it's hard to take that list very seriously, if N. Korea is involved.

From what I understand, not many people really know all that much about the new leader except who his father was, Of course he possibly follows the same rhetoric about threats over this or that, but I dont think he has lobbed any mortars or missiles over the boarder just yet.

The group may have ideals, that does not mean that they will always live up to every expectation or follow every line exactly, some western countries who are meant to follow the UN charter are still killing civilians in foreign countries.

The meeting probably has more to do with securing trade and oil as well as securing a partnership of alliances in a case of war, the whole idea of swapping nukes etc... is just put out there to once again show the threat of Iran to the western public as a reason they must be stopped.

I mean after all, read through this thread and we have already had 3 remarks about nuclear activity.
1.North Korea accelerated construction of nuclear facilities.
2.Iranians were there to see their last atomic test.
3.NK are back into nuclear research and ICBM's..And they're planing to meet with Iran.
Sorry, not buying into it, I prefer proof rather than bias speculation

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
That's gonna be one awkward state dinner.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Iran confirms N. Korea's Kim Jong-un won't attend NAM summit
SEOUL, Aug. 22 (Yonhap) -- Iran has confirmed North Korean leader Kim Jong-un will not attend a Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit to be hosted by Tehran next week, a senior Seoul official said Wednesday, denying a published foreign news report that Kim would take part.

"We verified from Iran's Foreign Ministry that the report is not true," the senior official at Seoul's foreign ministry said on condition of anonymity.

Source

new topics

top topics

join