It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Former Marine Brandon Raub Just been "Taken" by Feds for Facebook Posts?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by Swills

If your family knew everything you believed, how many of them would try to check you into a psych hospital...

"If my thought dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine..." (Bob Dylan "It's Allright Ma...")

For sure, for sure.

I had a breakdown a few years ago, not aggressively. My Mum interferred way too much without understanding properly what was going on and I had to tell my Doctor to cut her out entirely and not disclose anything to her. She got it way wrong, trying to get me put on meds when that is not what was needed. Instead my Doctor let me work it out in my own time without having to take any drugs. I got a very great and understanding Doc!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'm just saying there is way too many people in this thread going on about "evil governments lockin him up cuz he was a conspiratists". All of us on this site would be in jail if that were the case. This guy clearly had to say something homicidal or suicidal in order to be detained in psych ward. My sister was held in one for a week after saying she was going to kill herself. It isn't really rare for it to happen....and this guy is a veteran which means he probably has some sort of mental health issue.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

This is what we swore:

(a) Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath: "I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (b) Who May Administer.— The oath may be taken before the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary of Defense, any commissioned officer, or any other person designated under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense.

Source

This is what he said:

"As an active Marine I say, 'Screw Obama' and I will not follow orders from him."

Pretty clear cut case of insubordination which can lead to a "less-than-honorable" discharge. Marines are not rewarded for questioning authority and free-thinking is highly frowned upon.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Why do people post stupid and sometimes incriminating crap on FB and Twitter?

I may admit that intelligent or smart (not the same) people may error like everyone else (just not as much) but to be an active user of FB and Twitter one have already excluded him/herself from those classes, add to that that the posts are themselves idiotic and often incriminating... well ...you have replied to your own question.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Anyhow, what does FBI stand for again?

FaceBookIntelligence? lol

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by johneffendoe

Plain and simple ...way to go

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

So when you disagree with their world view they come and lock you up for 3 days and claim you must obviously be crazy and need to be under psyche eval????????

That's basically the case. What is really interesting is how delusional all of these different world-views are, hardly any of them seem to be focused on science, truth and healthy values.

A real philosophy would get its power from the fact that the benefits of following it would be self-evident. There would be no need to suppress, mislead, or lock up the public.
edit on 18-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This is a clear example why ATS should have nothing to do with Facebook, sadly money is what drives the owners of this site so it won't make them break ties with it for the sake of the community that posts on it.

The scary thing is that he was arrested for his Facebook posts which are pretty much the same as many of the posts here on ATS. With ATS aligning with Facebook there's a very real possibility they will come after ATS posters too. It does make me uneasy about sharing my opinion on this site anymore, I'm a family guy with no guns but I am anti government as I don't trust them and I have shared that feeling on here, which is the very thing I think he got arrested and taken to a mental hospital for...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Why is everyone talking as if he is innocent for a fact? You have no clue what he did or didn't do.

Ugh thank you. The 'facts' here were gained from his mother, and she gained them from her son. Seems totally legit. No way the mother of the possibly accused would ever distort the truth or be unwilling to admit her kid actually did something wrong.

Of course this incident that we know nothing about at all means the FBI is going to be coming after everyone who has ever been critical of the govt. Think about it for a second. You really think this is a conspiracy? Kids not important. EVERYONE on FB is critical of the govt. Dudes family and friends are pissed because they are his family and friends.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

My friend, your post brought a smile to my face. I hope he's right. Who knows. Let's hope it's impressive.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well i just read his FB wall posts, here are some examples :

"Veni vidi vici" (I came, i saw, i conquered)

"Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

"You should understand that many of the things I have said here are for the world to see."

"There are some men who struggle against destiny. And there are Some who Embrace it."

"The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it.
"

"The Revolution is here. And I will lead it."

Clearly he has issues (or is a Manchurian candidate in training) but being picked up by law enforcement because you have delusions of grandeur is just not on.

QV.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I have never been military so I have no idea at all about oaths or what might constitute a violation of them to the level of incarceration - but I reiterate - any two people in this young mans family or circle of friends could have petitioned the court for a psychological hold to be placed upon him.

Rightfully or wrongly. It would be up to a psychiatrist to judge competency at that point.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I don't know what is making you think that Heff. I mean it's a decent suggestion and all, but the evidence so far is pointing in other directions. His mother even commented that "he is sane, no problems, non-violent, etc, etc" and that's why she doesn't understand the abduction.

Personally I don't believe ATS is big enough yet, with a far enough mainstream reach for them to even worry about what is said on this site. I mean at any given time we might have 1000 active members. And the avatars alone are enough to scare the pants off anyone who dares to join, let alone the comments.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I found these postings of his. Fairly standard for many sites and well put imo.
twitter.com...
dont-tread-on.me...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by TrueAmerican

There has simply got to be more to this story than reported.. there is absolutely no way the FBI and secret service are going to apprehend him for what was shown in op's post..

The "The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. " post is certainly suspicious and I bet there is more to this than we know.. whether he was buying weapons or was suspected of preparing some kind of attack... those are things we do not know.

I think it's silly to simply assume the arrested him for facebook posts alone..
edit on 8/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

That's a mighty bold statement my friend. How can you be so surprised? We have seen multiple stories on ATS of trumped up charges of terrorism against victims of entrapment.

The threat to the government's credibility is not great when the person making charges is a brown-skinned Muslim cab driver from the middle east. We The People have been conditioned to be racist and suspicious. When however, the person making accusations is a marine and lily white with red hair, it's a whole other level.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
When people are afraid to voice their real thoughts and opinions in a social network for fear of being assaulted and or abducted, then nothing can be real here. Taken literally, we are all guilty. Figuratively, not so much as most posts in anger or extreme emotion over the topic subjects diffuses on their own through discussion.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by miniatus

There has simply got to be more to this story than reported.. there is absolutely no way the FBI and secret service are going to apprehend him for what was shown in op's post..

The "The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. " post is certainly suspicious and I bet there is more to this than we know.. whether he was buying weapons or was suspected of preparing some kind of attack... those are things we do not know.

I think it's silly to simply assume the arrested him for facebook posts alone..

That's just it, he wasn't arrested. He is in a mental hospital now. I know the drill trust me on that one. He is stuck in there for a min. of 72 hours. If he continues to tell the truth about his views against the government, I will guarantee, he won't get out in 3 days!!

If what we have so far as evidence is true, I don't even want to think about what is coming down the pike....Maybe, the folks predicting martial law before the election, might be onto something.....

Here in Virginia someone has to report that you are a danger to yourself or others before they can do a "civil commitment" One of our local sheriffs tried to get me to have my neighbor committed but I refused. I remember when my daughter-in-law was questioned by a cop after her daughter called them and told them she was suicidal...

the is red flag is why was secret service and FBI there........ this is clearly not originating from locals....

and is not a normal civil commitment procedure.....

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I believe Hefficide is right. In Kentucky I believe this is called a Mental Inquest Warrart. Probably a CYA move on the part of the law enforcement agencies in case this guy actually did do something violent.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

He was exercising his freedom of speech which he earned the right by serving in the armed forces as well as by birth! Our Forefathers are apparently guilty as well.... I would suggest you reread the FB article and understand that the evil he spoke out about came and grabbed him to protect themselves. Thank God the Red Coats did not have this technology otherwise we would still be in the commonwealth!

Star n Flag OP...

PS Those founding fathers were not peaceful either. Red Badge of Courage comes to mind was written for the US first civil war!

PPS Thank you ChaoticOrder for posting FB entry. I have decided that I was too unbalanced to join their ranks and thanks to you I was able to read the entry that has cost this American his freedom.
edit on 8/18/2012 by IceHappy because: Rather to make another post to thank ChaoticOrder I edited this posting to thank him

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
He is still not in jail. You can check the inmate accounts at the Virgina jail.

mycarepack.com...

I think his marketing ploy he was using based on the Glenn Beck show of preach doom and gloom then sell gold and silver coins to them as the only way to save yourself got him bakeracted by someone who did not know what he was doing. Familly memebers or even friends can have this done to someone if they get together and file the paper work. The Facebook post could have been used as evidence against him to get him a mental evaluation. Alot of people who bakeract someone go into shock when they see what happens after they have already signed the papers and they can't stop what they started. They don't know that the cops show up and put handciffs on them and take them away in a patrol car like a criminal. They allways think it will be magical process of how they get there. Or they think it will be just a couple guys come to the house and sit on a couch and have a intervention like on tv. But those shows on tv by Bain Capital pushing intervention and sitting on a couch with friends is not what it all seems to be. Just take a look at Dr Phil pusshing the Bain Capital boot camp cures and treatment.

crooksandliars.com...

In 1997, Aspen Education Group was founded in part by Elliot Sainer. A subsidiary of CRC Health Group, Aspen Education is owned by Bain Capital Group, founded in 1984 by Mitt Romney. Aspen Education Group provides therapeutic programs for youth including wilderness therapy, residential treatment facilities, therapeutic boarding schools, and weight loss facilities. Aspen Education is one of the most profitable teen treatment chains, boasting annual revenue of $150 million plus.

According to an article by Keith Chu of The Bulletin, many of Aspen Education Group’s programs – including now defunct Mount Bachelor Academy – were based directly on the CEDU methods of treatment. Lauding support by celebrity figures such as Dr. Phil and several other TV programs including “Brat Camp,” “I Know What You Ate Last Summer,” and “Intervention,” Aspen Education has become one of the most revered and successful programs of its kind.

Recent lawsuits and scrutiny, however, have led to the closure of multiple facilities and a total restructure announced in March of 2011. Mount Bachelor Academy, once one of Aspen Education’s top programs, closed in 2009 after lawsuits alleging sexual reenactments of past sexual abuse in front of peers, sleep deprivation, forced lap dances as part of therapy, and emotional and physical abuse. Sagewalk, one of Aspen’s top wilderness therapy facilities, was called “reckless” by State authorities following the death of 16-year-old Sergey Blashchishen. At least four other teenagers have died under Aspen’s care. Criticisms of Aspen’s weight loss facilities have also indicated child abuse, noting that children within its care were subjected to diet plans of under 10 grams of fat daily.

From FamilyLight, a psychological consulting group which evaluates teen programs:

CRC Health Group, controlling the Aspen brand name, is not just a for-profit organization but it is owned by a private investment firm Bain Capital with a fiduciary responsibility to maximize return on investment. The reality is that the best care in therapeutic facilities is not necessarily the care that produces the greatest return on investment. We would like to hear a commitment directly from Bain Capital that they have directed CRC Health Group to provide the highest quality of care they can, observing that while short-term financial gains might result from taking shortcuts, the long term best financial performance will result from delivering the highest quality services with the highest standards of ethics

I would say a friend or family memeber was brainwashed by tv on how they can get help for someone and how innocent it is and how helpful it will be to them. Funny a mlm marketer of a pyramid scheme got marketed by Bain Capital right into there money machine.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join