It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Former Marine Brandon Raub Just been "Taken" by Feds for Facebook Posts?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am not afraid but no one wants to stand with me.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatorman3
I don't condone the arrest in any way but this being a quote from one of his posts on FB may be the straw that broke the camels back, so they decided to move in:

"Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads." in combination with"Do you know why the American people will win the civil war that is coming? Because we are Americans."and"I'm starting the Revolution. I'm done waiting."

These and some other posts he made along these lines, are a reason for concern. After looking through some of his posts and viewing the video. Police don't just generally show up on your door for no reason. Much less for being a truther, if they did that an enormous amount of posters on this site would have been locked up long ago. Clearly he has some delusional tendencies and that is a cause for some concern. Just consider this if FB existed in the 60's Manson wouldn't have got as far as he did.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I see alot of people here questioning his motives for his posts. Some are even going as far as thinking he was planning to do a mass shooting.

I'm a great judge of character, and I don't see it. I don't see a deranged lunatic. I see a man who bears a firm moral stance of right and wrong, a firm stance on unalienable rights.I see a US Marine that possibly has some minor inside knowledge that things aren't as they seem, and he wants it righted. He's a RP follower, too. Pursuit of justice, etc.

This video here is called the Liberty Manifesto, and it was created by Brandon J Raub.
www.facebook.com...

Watch that video, read his words. Then come back here and try to find a way to tie him to any form of violence against citizens of the US. I seriously doubt that anyone here can achieve that.

It is my personal belief that this man started covertly organizing a group of fed-up Ex-soldiers to lead the Revolution against tyranny, something that WE ALL NEED TO HAPPEN. That is plenty of reason to be taken like this, all hush-hush like.
edit on 18-8-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

ETA: There is a difference between vigilance and paranoia. Eternal vigilance is a necessary prop of freedom. - US Marine Brandon J Raub

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

I feel the same way about Mr. Raub's propensity for violence. I have read and listened to alot of his videos and feel he was no threat to anyone, unless they are trying to suppress the constitutional rights of the American Citizens. I call for the immediate release of Mr. Raub, or for formal charges to be filed and information released to prove their case. Everyone please read this. Free Brandon Raub petition

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

Can you find the one to keep him locked up for us as well?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
So uhh everyone still has their facebook accounts right?

This is awful, how can you be arrested for posting something online?
It's not even like he was going out of his way to bully someone...

America, what has become of us?

Can't speak your mind online, but we are cool with illegal wars. cheah.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

You do not threaten anyone. Period. Not even on a paper napkin.

This guy is stupid, and deserves the arrest. Perhaps, when he gets free he will be more careful by understanding what he did.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Why would you want to keep someone locked up for exercising their right to free speech? Or are you one of those opposed to free speech if the speakers views differ from your own? If this young man were a creditable threat, he would've been charged already, and the charges made public. The MSM not covering this story says it all really, if he were a threat, they would have this on every news station in the country. Especially after the Sikh and theater shootings.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Where is your proof that he is a direct creditable threat to anyone? The posts I have seen of his are not threats. They are simply the truth, and too many people, it seems, don't want to hear that. Deny Ignorance folks. It's innocent until proven guilty in this country.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Not sure what this is? But he was listed as having two groups.

TERRORIST Facebook pages leaked
www.scribd.com...
Richmond Liberty Movement Owner: Raub Brandon
Southeast Liberty Project Owner: Raub Brandon

The site that leaked it?
wtpnetwork.com...

Normally I would blow this off as someones game but it seems it was posted months ago?

If the Southeast Liberty Project is him this could be part of his problem.

edit on 18-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't think it matters that much what I think - you can't always predict violent behavior in others. I remember once a court wanted us - a mental health treatment team - to guarantee that a patient would not ever commit a violent crime if they were released.

I can't guarantee that **I** won't commit a violent crime in my future, or that my DOG won't. It's crazy to think so.
Now some people do broadcast their intentions, I'm not saying they don't....but you could have a person with a loaded gun intent on killing themselves and/or someone else, and they could put the gun down at the last minute.

I don't get the pre-crime thrust I'm seeing. It's just going to screw us all.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Be careful what you say about the US, it's leaders, or if you live in the US be careful what you say, and or even think.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

Actually no I have no issue with anyone exercising their right to free speech. Don't believe me go look through my post history on the subject. I do however have concerns that this young man is not mentally well and would like for him to be locked up until he can be evaluated by a professional. He did it to himself, law enforcement doesn't usually show up on your doorstep just because you have crazy ideas. There are elements we are not aware of on this. Perhaps he was just being young and dumb just running his mouth. But I'd rather he be checked out before we lose another theater full of people.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by TrueAmerican

There has simply got to be more to this story than reported.. there is absolutely no way the FBI and secret service are going to apprehend him for what was shown in op's post..

The "The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. " post is certainly suspicious and I bet there is more to this than we know.. whether he was buying weapons or was suspected of preparing some kind of attack... those are things we do not know.

I think it's silly to simply assume the arrested him for facebook posts alone..
edit on 8/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)
I agree.Facebook quotes?There has to be more we don't know yet.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I don't agree... there are plenty of criticisms of the government on this forum, I see them in my own facebook feed and I've posted them myself when I think it's necessary.. the feds simply don't arrest people for that alone.. there's always something more to the story.. we simply don't know yet what that is.

Can't anybody see the difference?

Most people posting here are simply blowing off steam. They are average people, who'd rather sit on their butt, and text this or that, than get up and take action of any kind. They are web junkies. Completely harmless.

This was a decorated marine, trained to kill, experienced in battle, a person who takes action, not just posts things in the internet.

The military knows that if anybody is going to be taking actions, it's coming from their ranks, people they trained.

Like the ex-military guy that shot up the Sikh temple recently. These people don't just sit around and babble their discontent.

First they babble, then they plan, and finally they take some action consistent with their babbling.

Obviously, the Government is reading all the Facebook postings, because FB has been instrumental in all the revolts taking place in the middle east. So, when ex-military start making Facebook comments, that display discontent with the government, it's time to pick them up and question them thoroughly, "before" some event occurs.

Everybody is free to speak his mind, except if he's trained to kill.

All individuals trained to kill by the government have lost their freedom of speech.

Only harmless people are allowed freedom of speech.

The fact that he didn't intend any harm is irrelevant, because nobody knows what is in the mind of another person.

The only objective evidence is the fact that he has military knowledge, and that makes him dangerous.

This is why the government has introduced that law to detain people without trial indefinitely. They can "disappear" anyone.

And the reason they do it, is to uphold the constitution "TO ENSURE DOMESTIC TRANQUILITY" .

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agoyahtah

I don't agree... there are plenty of criticisms of the government on this forum, I see them in my own facebook feed and I've posted them myself when I think it's necessary.. the feds simply don't arrest people for that alone.. there's always something more to the story.. we simply don't know yet what that is.

Can't anybody see the difference?

Most people posting here are simply blowing off steam. They are average people, who'd rather sit on their butt, and text this or that, than get up and take action of any kind. They are web junkies. Completely harmless.

This was a decorated marine, trained to kill, experienced in battle, a person who takes action, not just posts things in the internet.

The military knows that if anybody is going to be taking actions, it's coming from their ranks, people they trained.

Like the ex-military guy that shot up the Sikh temple recently. These people don't just sit around and babble their discontent.

First they babble, then they plan, and finally they take some action consistent with their babbling.

Obviously, the Government is reading all the Facebook postings, because FB has been instrumental in all the revolts taking place in the middle east. So, when ex-military start making Facebook comments, that display discontent with the government, it's time to pick them up and question them thoroughly, "before" some event occurs.

All individuals trained to kill by the government have lost their freedom of speech.

The fact that he didn't intend any harm is irrelevant, because nobody knows what is in the mind of another person.

The only objective evidence is the fact that he has military knowledge, and that makes him dangerous.

This is why the government has introduced that law to detain people without trial indefinitely. They can "disappear" anyone.

And the reason they do it, is to uphold the constitution "TO ENSURE DOMESTIC TRANQUILITY" .

Complete BS.

There's SOOOOOOOOOOOO many people that say anti-American things, every day, that don't have the cops at their door.

Read Noam Chomsky. Or Symour Hersh, who has repeatedly exposed state secrets... and they both still walk the streets with impunity.

The idea that this guy was arrested for being a truther is absurd. Pretty much the only speech people get arrested for is threats of violence, and even then, it takes a lot.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agoyahtah

Are you serious or are you being sarcastic? The very people who fight for our rights should not have them, or they should be limited because they are somehow dangerous people? If anything I would think that those who fight for our rights value them much more, and are only dangerous because they understand the value of those rights is worth a very high price... making them dangerous ONLY to those who would dare take those rights, not those who love them.

I for one love the warriors who fought for and fight for my rights and so do not think for a moment I should have anymore rights than they, or any less than they thought I should have when they stood for them.

A soldier is not dangerous because he is trained to kill, but because, in a tyrant's mind, he (in this day and age anyway) likely volunteered because he is willing to die for his rights and the rights of others. Such a man or woman is indeed, a danger, but not to their fellow man - only those who would enslave their fellow man.

I know nothing about this guy, but I do know that if your comments were not sarcastic they are, in my opinion, the epitome of the demise of a world system which promotes freedom and individual liberty.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My apologies if this was posted already but here is a link to all posts made to his facebook account since it was created

imgur.com...

Nothing in there is a violent threat of any kind. "Sharpen my axe, im here to severe heads" are lyrics from a song by "Swollen Member" who he references at least one other time on his page by posting their music videos.

This is a textbook example of 1st Amendment infringement.

When he was talking about a Revolution is coming and he's leading it, maybe this is what he's talking about...it sure is waking up a whole bunch of people in a big time hurry...and revealing a whole bunch of closet-freedom-haters in the process.

This is what the 2012 NDAA allows. This is what our President and a majority of republicans AND democrats wrote into law. Does this represent YOUR ideas?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

What's even better is how you don't even try, but continue to call it B.S. Check out my post above, there are his posts. If people like you had a 1/2 as much skepticism towards your government as you do for condescending contempt towards your fellow man, you could have found these posts quite easily yourself. (Google image search, tie to facebook, find account, read posts)

Pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If you watched the second video, they said he was being held for terroristic threats, probably he said something to someone somewhere or soething in his video to make the Feds stop and say hey wait a minute, this doesn't sound right.
Maybe they are preventing the next mass shooting detaining him.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I wonder how many more there are like him that have kept their mouths shut and managed to avoid drawing attention. I hope there are a lot of them, the planned destruction of the economy is well underway. With the chaos that will ensue the only better situation than having a Marine in the neighborhood would be having 2 or more of them.

It is coming and these guys know it. I have a associate who is ex-military, he doesn't seem to have much extra money. This week he asked me if I would haul a trailer load of pallets for him because it was too hard to get them in or on his car as he had been doing. He said he is tearing them apart and using the wood to make raised garden beds as our ground is rock with a bit of clay mixed in.

What drew my attention is this is the end of August, a bit late for this year and a bit early for next, especially considering the rush to get them built. I don't have a huge trailer but hauling 20 pallets would be no problem. The thing is his yard can't be more than 75' wide by 100' deep and the house takes a lot of that, so I'm envisioning a back yard that is mostly raised gardens.

I'll see him this afternoon and will have more time to talk. I'll try to get some information from him, maybe "tell me why I should be doing the same?" or something like that.
edit on 19-8-2012 by KaiserSoze because: I can count to potato

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join