It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain threatens to storm Ecuador embassy to get Assange

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Good call Heff, I will remeber you called it when it happens. I do believe you hadriana that said " let him go and have him have a bad car wreck" are probably dead on.

Sorry if I misquoted. I will edit to add your name and fix quote.

Star for you both, good sound logic in this day and age.

Oh ya OP I almost forgot about you, my bad. SnF. Good work, good find!
edit on 15-8-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
WHO???
Oh let em have em.
He has leaked not much, certainly not enough to shake anybody's foundations.
Assange and his lack of real info smells like disinfo to me.
Unless he cares to release something real?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
EDITED

and a live stream

bambuser.com...

just a couple of resources.
edit on 15-8-2012 by hadriana because: I probably shouldn't have posted that link..I didn't think about it, but it might be against TOS.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I thought there was a LOT of good info in the cables. Did you read any of them?
I think if I'd relied on the news to force feed them to me, I'd have been disappointed too.

The stuff about the state department covering up the bachi bazi boys? And Hillary starving people in Europe to sell Monsanto? There was some JUICY stuff in there, but you can't rely on US media to get it out.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If they do then clearly he is....which warrants the next question.......WHY?

He's looking less and less like a CIA mole and more and more like the true collaborative whistleblower he made himself out to be.
Well, I'd suggest that he never was an agent of any kind. I was going to Wiki-leaks occasionally before he got all political with the war and straight anti-US focus and he has always been releasing things that just annoyed the heck out of TPTB.

I've also stared at that file more than one evening wondering.....What does the keeper of the world's leak collection site have that is SO good, it would still be useful as insurance to this day. I think it's a combination of excitement and a bit of fear at what that file actually has in that HUGE space...if we ever do get the magic key.

I think it's outright fear on other's part. Maybe detailed and ongoing messages about cooperation with drug cartels or the Mafia when it existed...something low end like that. Or documenting the ongoing backroom cooperation I've read theories suggest existed between the Russians and Americans on space related things. Maybe UFO files outright and not blurry smudges in the sky.

I think the insurance file....the FIRST one...has a great deal to do with what still makes him important. The more I've thought about it, the more I think it would be worth a lot of effort if this is their last shot at him in a known location....which it probably is.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'll have some of that

Some quotes from this article in the HeraldSun from an hour ago:

Any transgression against the sanctity of the embassy is a unilateral and shameful act, and a violation of the Vienna Convention, which protects embassies worldwide.
This threat is designed to preempt Ecuadors imminent decision on whether it will grant Julian Assange political asylum, and to bully Ecuador into a decision that is agreeable to the United Kingdom and its allies.

We draw attention to the fact that the United Nations General Assembly has unanimously declared in Resolution 2312 (1967) that the grant of asylum. . . is a peaceful and humanitarian act and that, as such, it cannot be regarded as unfriendly by any other State."

Pursuant to this resolution, a decision to grant asylum cannot be construed by another State as an unfriendly act. Neither can there be diplomatic consequences for granting asylum.

Very interesting

I should edit to add that the above quotes were statements from WikiLeaks

edit on 15/8/2012 by Netties Hermit because: ^^ up there

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I wonder how much money has been used so far to try and get J.A. ?? Why are they pushing so hard for this? I don't get it.

The information that J.A. released wasn't even that good. Could it be someone high up the food chain has a personal vendetta against him?

I wish Britain and the US would use it's energy and resources more wisely.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Assange should release all the information so these countries have other things to worry about. As long as he keeps the info under wraps he will be a target.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I've also stared at that file more than one evening wondering.....What does the keeper of the world's leak collection site have that is SO good, it would still be useful as insurance to this day. I think it's a combination of excitement and a bit of fear at what that file actually has in that HUGE space...if we ever do get the magic key.

I think we are looking at major surveillance technologies, remote neural monitoring being one of them. One of the things on wiki's wish list back in the day was information on the mormon church, an organization with behavioral modification ties.

Just my guess. If Trapwire releases resulted in ddos'ing of wikileaks for five days straight and a suspiciously coincidental death of the CEO for Cubic Corp (owner of Trapwire) then it has to be based on applied technology the public is not aware of and inclusive complicity/complete support from people in positions of power - which would shake the very ideology that our societal structure is based upon out of its' trance.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"CONFIRMED: The British Consulate in Brisbane has closed its lines to avoid calls from #Assange Supporters. Try it: (+61) 07 3223 3200 "

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So the decision has been made by the Equadorian govt - they're just waiting to announce it. I thought it was only rumours atm.

Video here

(I'll see if I can try to find this online to embed.)

And the Australian Govt is sitting on its hands going ... dum-de-daa

Anyway ... tomorrow will be interesting?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Well if he is a Pervert...........

Hhmmn I always figured he was Gay, so the female sexual harrassment charges
appeared rather weak in my view.

Because I mean Really, The Chinese are Hacking away 24/7 worse than him
and we still buy their "Junk".

It all sounds like the plot of a comical Kurt Vonnegut Novel to me..
What an absurdly great story.

P.S. By the way, He'll have to answer to The Coca Cola Company at some point.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content

Link To Comical Vid Clip

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-8-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add Link

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So wrabbit how big is that file anyways? I believe it was a terabyte or more if I remeber correctly. That is A LOT of data, it could be every conspiracy ever wrapped up, it could be a brownie recipe gorbachov sent to reagan. Hell it could be all the UFO files ever combined....the list is endless, the only way insurance works in this case though is the old " I have diseminated the file on the net, I have given the decryption code and instructions to release it if anything happens to me to a thrid party" bit.

Not enough knowns, too many unknowns....the fact they want him this bad is the only really telling thing we have. The fact they want him this bad does speak volumes though. Good summation wrabbit, you are like batman, all firguring it out while we aren't watching and stuff.

Star for you sir.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

It all sounds like the plot of a comical Kurt Vonnegut Novel to me..
What an absurdly great story.

LOL - it is.

Read a bit of this article Assange faces arrest even if Ecuador grants asylum

President Rafael Correa, who is openly sympathetic to Assange, is expected to decide on his asylum request this week. However, approval would offer no legal protection in Britain where police will arrest him once they get a chance.

"CLIMB OUT OF A WINDOW"
Assange would be protected from arrest if travelling in a diplomatic car, but the embassy is on the first floor of a building that is being watched by police day and night.

Other scenarios lawyers are discussing on the Internet include smuggling him out in a diplomatic bag, which would be illegal, or appointing him as an Ecuadorean diplomat to give him immunity. But lawyers and diplomats said neither was realistic.

edit on 15/8/2012 by Netties Hermit because:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well, Embassies have been raided in the Past. Most recently, The Iranians did it. Nothing new, except WHY they want to raid it. Im betting Assange takes a bullet, somehow, some way, if its raided. What a bad house guest, overstaying his stay.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

"Under British law we can give them a week's notice before entering the premises and the embassy will no longer have diplomatic protection," a Foreign Office spokesman said.

Then there is no such thing as "diplomatic immunity". Doesn't surprise me really. Considering they violate entire countries international sovereignty by bombing and invading them, then they certainly will disregard an embassies rights on their own soil. UK's government can do anything they want.

Desperate measure by Assange. Sure he is scared for his life. Wouldn't you be? All he did was tell the truth.
America and her Nato allies are the scumbags for wanting to try and execute him for it. Of course he knew the job was dangerous when he took it. And that it would ultimately lead to his demise. Hiding won't change the outcome. I understand his fear, but really to make the best impression he should voluntarily submit to the consequences, like Christ, Socrates, MLK, Gandhi, etc.

Hard to be a martyr.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There is one SIMPLE solution.

Ecuador only has to make Assange a "diplomat". Which gives Assange "Diplomatic Immunity" to all countries that signed the Vienna Convention; whereby Assange would not be susceptable to lawsuit or prosecution.

en.wikipedia.org...

Assange would be a FREE MAN to go and do whatever.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

And he's breached his bail conditions in overstaying too.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Except it says in the article I linked above that ...

A diplomatic appointment by Ecuador in London would not help either because Britain would have to approve that, and it has no incentive to do so.

Would have to research that tidbit ...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by sonnny1

And he's breached his bail conditions in overstaying too.

When Michael Moore was supporting the Occupy Movement, he didn't mean for Assange to Occupy the Embassy !

Michael Moore is depressed. He wants your popcorn. Its his bail money actually.....

Julian Assange's celebrity backers face losing £240,000 bail money

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join