It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practice ASVAB Scores

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
General Science Total = 25 correct = 19 wrong = 6 score = 76
Arithmetic Reasoning Total = 30 Correct = 27 wrong = 3 Score = 90
Word Knowledge Total = 35 Correct = 32 Wrong = 3 Score =91
Paragraph Comprehension Total = 15 Correct = 13 wrong = 2 score =86
Mathematics Knowledge Total = 25 Correct = 18 Wrong =7 Score =72
Electronics Information Total = 20 Correct= 9 Wrong =11 Score =45
Auto & Shop Information Total = 25 Correct= 14 Wrong =11 Score = 56
Mechanical Comprehension Total = 25 Correct = 16 Wrong=9 Score =64
Assembling Objects Total = 16 Correct =16 Wrong=0 Score=100

Sorry about the layout I was in a hurry and just copy and pasted then added the total, correct, wrong, and score. I used a calculator for the army online but it said I qualify for every job and that didnt seem accurate, is that the case? Sorry if this is the incorrect forum, really the only one that seems to fit. I didn't know if anyone had any ideas but ATS is usually pretty quick to reply and the military forums and yahoo answers is taking forever!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntedBullets

LOL yahoo answers is full of fakes. Stolen Valor one might say
edit on 15-8-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Practice ASVAB, not even close to the real thing. Most practice ASVAB's are outdated but not extremely hard. I was 2 years out of high school when I took mine. Qualified for crap I have no knowledge in

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

As a former recruiter I can tell you the ASVAB score is not the whole show. Indeed, you need certain GT scores or specific line scores for different jobs as long as there is an opening (a need for the job) currently.

In addition, there are other particulars needed for different jobs. Examples include the ability for security clearance, medical, etc.

Regardless, keep practicing your ASVAB. Without a good score, for certain your options will be limited.

...hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Same. I bombed my practice test and then blow the actual test away. I qualified for a Top Secret clearance. Who knew?

I dunno if there is a study guide out there, my recruiter didn't prep me, didn't do anything but get me a test date and a ride.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I went through it fairly quick in 1995. I don't know how it may have changed since but they said Warrant Officer was one of the only things I couldn't do. Not high enough for a Pilot I guess... Intel/Counter had been the plan.

Same test though, my friend got 50 on general....It was suggested ...kindly..he work on it and come back. Err... So I guess it's everyone on how they take tests and pressure. If it's about the same now then heck, those scores would seem to say you know the material well enough. Just have the time limits and pressure down and you'll do fine.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

i scored a 68 and didn't study at all. I qualified for a lot of different stuff but I will tell you something will not tell you. Chances are your not going to get that crazy super top secret nuclear engineer job. They will promise you the world but screw with you in boot camp to get you into a different field. Your better off going to college then when you get out joining with the skills you already have, plus you can go to officer training after your done.

Do not do not fall for the bs. They will lay it on thick. Get an education first or else you will be screwed when you get out. There isn't going to be a job waiting for you when you get out! Its not like it used to be, x military are some of the highest unemployed people right now

Ask your recruiter about the unemployment rate of x military and watch his smile slide right off his face
edit on 15-8-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Ouch, I gotta disagree. Coming from my experience I don't know anyone who got screwed out of their job in bootcamp. Never heard of it happening before, unless this is something new that's going on in the military? What branch did you serve?

What I do know is when I was getting out of the Navy they were in the process of downsizing and may be continuing to this day, but the Army was picking up most of those sailors up offering nice bonuses. But I've been out of the military for a few years now so I dunno what's doin' today.

My advice to the OP is this, take the test, score high, and only join if you get the job you want. I'm pretty sure you won't be screwed out of your job in bootcamp. I can't even imagine why in bootcamp they would screw anyone out of a job. Am I suppose to believe this is common place? Of course not. Score high on the test you can and will get that job being a nuke or spook or anything else you want. There's a lot of jobs to be filled but some can be over manned, happens everywhere, ask history teachers.

As far as going to school first and then becoming an officer? That's a great idea if you can afford school. A lot of people join for the GI Bill, (and the Post 9/11 GI Bill is fantastic) for their ticket to college. You could take out loans and then pay off them off on an officers salary. You will be commissioned (contracted) for at least 6 years so it'll help pay them bills down. Make ranks and earn mucho $$$$, who knows maybe you'll be a lifer?

That said, I would be very wary about joining the military at this time with these Gov'ts in charge. They are war hungry and leading us astray. Hey OP, what branch you looking to join?
edit on 15-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

join