It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Get off Facebook right now!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
FYI....George Soros recently dumped bank stocks and bought 341,000 shares of Facebook stock.

Now you have to ask yourself, did this man, a currency manipulator extraordinaire, make a bad bet in buying FB shares in light of the drop in value after its IPO, or does he know something we don't know that's coming down the pike.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I heard something not long ago that authorities consider people who aren't on social media as anti-social and possible threats to society. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If they already have our Driver License Photo, our IPS number, or even a
Passport ID (haven't seen that mentioned yet) does it matter if you are on
FB or not? I'm trying to learn how to be private & safe on the internet & unfortunately
am on FB with photos pertaining to my sport & a professional musician photo.
Sorry to be so vague, but trying not to give out too much info, LOL!
I have set privacy standards to my best, however I belong to a group of
people from all over the world that compete in a sport & I actually know 99% of them
personally. These are also the only people I "friended," however when one does
well in competition people are taking photos & posting or friends taking photos
during the event & then posting.
I don't really know much about this subject & am thankful for the knowledge
gained on this thread. Thank You OP!
So if someone is posting photos of you on FB or any other social or media site
does it matter if you are on FB or not? Thank You!! Oh & how safe is your email?
From what I'm seeing here, nothing is safe or private. In re to cell phones
does removing the battery inactivate camera, mic, & GPS?

Cheers
Ektar

edit on 15-8-2012 by Ektar because: Had a question

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
uhh huh an easy buckk on the c0rp...
thats a reason for me to drown in my swallow.. still wnder why i cant talk to my friends on facebook

edit on 15-8-2012 by whalebrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If you don't like it, don't use facebook, or put a picture of you on the internet. You have to make a conscious decision to do these things. The government already has your face, through drivers license, IDs and mugshots.

edit on 15-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
They groom us like cattle, and all these idiots beg for them to teach us more tricks. Unbelievable. Facebook junkies will come up with any excuse to allow the System to invade their privacy. What the hell is wrong with everybody? If the CIA announced this program to the people, they'd freak out. But facebook does it and they get excited? Facebook is financed and controlled by the god damned CIA. We truly are a very simple race of beings.

Anyone who things this is a harmless gimmick is, quite frankly, a f#ing idiot. This is just the beginning of a society where Big Brother knows E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you get up to, including your daily routine.

I do not "like" this.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Deleted it back in Feb and never going back. Although, since my information is still there I need to sign back in and delete the contacts, etc.. I never put in any pictures on my FB after my (ex CIA) friend told me about the facial recognition. They can use your pictures against you especially if you have been involved in anything. And you know how CIA/FEDS/NSA have been manipulating videos and pictures over the years...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Nothing is "personal" anymore. The gov't knows EVERYTHING about you. The world is filled with so many different things in life that there's no such thing as "normal."

I would recommend to keep certain things out of email, text, etc and speak to the person directly if possible. I usually avoid leaving trails as much as possible. On FB, my posts gets deleted from FB especially when I was exploiting the truth. I used to be watched, followed, etc.. and even today, I am constantly being watched. Oh, probably because I am not white enough. *rolleyes*

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Eh, hmmm. I don't know how worried I am about this but, I knew long ago about the facebook+CIA connection's and shook my head when it was announced how dramatic the use of fb was for them, saving them tons of money. It's very easy to get everything they need already without the IR software. The very people who funded this project was IAO themselves. the IAO has the stated mission to gather as much information as possible about everyone, in a centralised location, for easy perusal by the United States government, including (though not limited to) internet activity, credit card purchase histories, airline ticket purchases, car rentals, medical records, educational transcripts, driver's licenses, utility bills, tax returns, and any other available data. Anddddddd in its equally interesting privacy policy: "Facebook may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Facebook service through the operation of the service (eg. photo tags) in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalised experience. By using Facebook, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States." It's really nothing new, It saves them a whole lot of time, energy AND money when we give our information away for free on networks. I still have one but in all honesty, I have not really been so interested for about 6 months. At first, to me.. It was interesting, I'm an artist so, I loved it but over time and as people's awareness went up, people left and there wasn't a point. People should know to be careful with anything they add on ANY website, in some cases even your own computer.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
right, sheep led to a swallow that a frog chokes

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm very open on facebook, despite it being fully tracked, for one reason: Some government agency already tracks everything about me, if I choose to put my stuff on facebook then anything I do is in multiple places and can't be manipulated or changed easily.

Just for a seriously "conspiracy theory" model to show my point... say that I'm off the grid for a few days and some government group tries to pin a robbery on me, but then I get home from Hawaii and post pics from the last three days. Facebook is actually my alibi! This is way out there... just to show an idea of multiple tracks of info.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whalebrr
right, sheep led to a swallow that a frog chokes

aboriginalty

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiderLL
reply to post by Ektar

Nothing is "personal" anymore. The gov't knows EVERYTHING about you. The world is filled with so many different things in life that there's no such thing as "normal."

I would recommend to keep certain things out of email, text, etc and speak to the person directly if possible. I usually avoid leaving trails as much as possible. On FB, my posts gets deleted from FB especially when I was exploiting the truth. I used to be watched, followed, etc.. and even today, I am constantly being watched. Oh, probably because I am not white enough. *rolleyes*

Yup, towards the end of my fb time when I logged in every day, I did the same thing. A lotttt of my posts would get deleted too, as well as a ton of friends posting as well. Ironic though, it only gets deleted when you say something true that isn't about yourself but, about something more important to all of us. They want people to be obsessed with facebook just as people are obsessed with television. I don't watch TV at ALL either. & if I want news, I'll read it by finding it MYSELF.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spiderLL

Ey, Bloody Hell! Thank you for mentioning videos I didn't think about that & there
are videos of me on FB in my sport. Guess I'm F&*@D with out FB due to
being a professional musician in the past & videos not just on TV or Cable,
but also a big show taped for the soldiers in the Gulf War...& also videos
BBC when touring UK. I wish I would have known about FB much earlier,
but I'm not computer savoy, & it seems according to my history above
I wouldn't stand a chance of privacy any way. That's the price you pay
for being semi-known for a Huge known...LOL!
Is it even possible to help myself at this point? Thank You for Your Time!!!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
If you don't like it, don't use facebook, or put a picture of you on the internet. You have to make a conscious decision to do these things. The government already has your face, through drivers license, IDs and mugshots.

edit on 15-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)
Well, pretty much. They have all of our stuff already, if people want to put information out there that they don't already know about, that's on them. That is why you need be careful with things you don't want known &.. if you don't want it to be known, don't make it public. I'm not for them using our information but, people have brains to decide with. Meh, I've used it forever, for me and against them as well. Tons of people have left and went too Google+ because they heard about all of this.. I never left.. Who do they think owns Google? ??

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Ektar, facebook has become a place for learning and knowing the thoughts of friends and responding incitely spreading your friendship to a real friendship, realizing a just in ther own experiences..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
reply to post by spiderLL

Ey, Bloody Hell! Thank you for mentioning videos I didn't think about that & there
are videos of me on FB in my sport. Guess I'm F&*@D with out FB due to
being a professional musician in the past & videos not just on TV or Cable,
but also a big show taped for the soldiers in the Gulf War...& also videos
BBC when touring UK. I wish I would have known about FB much earlier,
but I'm not computer savoy, & it seems according to my history above
I wouldn't stand a chance of privacy any way. That's the price you pay
for being semi-known for a Huge known...LOL!
Is it even possible to help myself at this point? Thank You for Your Time!!!

Cheers
Ektar
I'm an artist too & stopped using it but, there's nothing I can do about it now anyway. I mean.. even if I did "delete" it, (which I have not, just stopped logging in..)all of our information is STILL there in the databases/servers etc. Whatever though, let em try & come at me. You'll be okay. Don't sweat. They get most of the info we posted to facebook through other ways as well, all the time.. it's just that using our facebook to get it easy/free saves them time & money.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ahh right, artism through prescrition, good explanation for atristry...goood art always is another for a good star, in a meator chowder

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't think facebook is really that risky for anyone. I mean come on. If they really want your photo that bad, they likely already have it in mulitple close ups. ie: Your drivers license, passport, etc etc. So what does it matter if your pic is on facebook.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I saw this on KTLA news the other day, yesterday I think. Anyway I am honestly not worried at all. I have no real personal info out there at all. I have always warned my friends to NEVER post anything they wouldn't want the world to know. My private conversations would be of absolutely no interest to anyone. I have only been on Facebook a year or so, and am already pretty much burned out on it. Within a few years I'll bet Facebook will be just another Myspace, AOL, Fad. I mean look at AOL, my gosh almost anyone with the internet at that time heard "You've Got Mail" when they signed on. People on Facebook stupid enough to put personal stuff out there well that is their stupidity. As far as Face recognition I am sure there will be a setting on there to have it on or off. If it does not I will be shocked. We still have control of Facebook. You just have to be careful what you post and chat about. Anyway for those who opt out of Facebook because of this good for you. I for one will still go on now and then, but like I said its getting old and boring.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join