It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Get off Facebook right now!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Even if you cancel your account...

.. you think your friends photos that have/had you tagged didnt remember the name associated to it?

the world is online....

well.. accept some remote parts in africa maybe!
edit on 16-8-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The simple fact that George Soros has positioned himself nicely with Facebook stock should raise anyone's eyebrow when other investors would not touch Facebook. Today is a big day for FB shareholders.

Details of Soros' odd investment choices. ODD!!

Currency speculator and billionaire philanthropist George Soros’ most recent 13-F report reveals two very intriguing facts:

1) He has abandoned his stake in major financials

2) He holds thousands of shares of Facebook stock

“Soros completely dumped his stakes in Citigroup (420,000 shares), JP Morgan (701,400 shares) and Goldman Sachs (120,000 shares), leaving him with no position in any major financials at all,” writes Business Insider’s Linette Lopez.

He also ditched tech stocks: “He got rid of minor stakes in Dell (3,100) and Intel (10,600).”

And as for his position in Facebook, Soros owns 341,000 shares.

www.theblaze.com...

Plenty of people are asking why and now FB announces this new facial recognition scheme....

Related
www.theblaze.com...

“With so many users the Facebook business is enormous but the big question is whether they can monetise that audience,” said Motley Fool analyst Scott Philips. “Clearly Soros thinks they can.”

The move comes as Facebook yesterday started putting advertiser posts on users’ newsfeeds in a bid to generate more advertising revenue.

Expect Wal Mart to be on board with this new FB special offer/facial recog. idea as well..

Filings also reveal Soros upped his stake in US retail giant Wal-Mart to 4.8 million shares, worth $337 million.

finance.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
My picture is on so many of my relatives and friends photos that I don't think cancelling my own Facebook would make a difference.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Stop and think for a second. That's just facebook. The NSA has direct access to the telephone system the internet runs on, why bother with 1 site when they have access to ALL traffic.

edit on 15-8-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

I keep hearing about this but has there actually been any evidence of this? Anything substantial at all?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

What they plan on doing is making a ton of money. They can sell your info, and your face/name/location combo to whomever, advertisers or government agencies. You don't have to quit the site if you like it, but you can remove your pictures and use only pics from certain angles etc.

I read about this a month or two ago. Honestly I knew it was coming because facebook had to do SOMETHING to make up for the huge value they were set at when they went public. Everyone knew that they couldn't meet that value on advertising alone. This is how they are meeting that value and they are now worth that billion/s they opened at.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I don't see where this is a big deal. The government has been using facial recognition for years. They can identify you from SPACE. not just your local coffee shop. This facebook crap isn't anything new, IMO.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You CAN delete your account. Isn't easy but it is possible. I did it. I rejoined a few months later with a completely different idea on how to manage it. I like FB but I only release thing I wouldn't care if anyone on Earth knew about.
Besides, if the scary shadow government wants to follow me around they are going to get awfully bored.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You cannot "delete" your facebook account. You can "disable" it. If you disable it, all of your information, photos, posts, and other activity stays on the server. It will not go away. I know this because I made a facebook back in 2008. I disabled it, and went back to see if I could open the account again and I was shocked to see that it had every single post and photo I ever put up.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think that the bottom line is; we are all being watched and listened in on at some place and time every week; some people more than others; depending on who they are and what they are doing.

If a person is on Facebook or not; they can still be tracked very easily; everyone has a paper trail.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It depends on the settings. There is an option to not allow yourself to be tagged in photos. I'd suggest people use this right off the bat when opening an account. This way you know where photos of you are at or where they are going. Facebook is a stalkers paradise.

People have known for years now, how Zuckerberg has tested and pushed the boundaries on privacy. Every single time facebook comes out with something that pushes the envelope, people still stick around for it. There are going to be a ton of people who will think this facial recognition will be a cool idea. Our younger generation is truly being indoctrinated into all of this, and they will have no privacy by the time they reach their 30's or 40's. I would not be shocked if everyone were required to have some sort of online listing about themselves. As you can see, people are already trying to say that if you are not on facebook, then there is something "suspicious" about you.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would think the fact that Soros is investing in Facebook would cause some concern.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Soon there wont be an option to opt in! And do you really think that Facebook bosses care if you opt in or not? The technology will be used no matter what your preferences are.

I know people who are literally trapped in Facebook! They feel thay cannot delete their account because they will upset too many people close to them.

It is becoming crazy.
edit on 15-8-2012 by chemistry because: clarity

I just got through watching the movie made about the FACEBOOK and Zuckerburg and frankly, the guy is very cocky and I wouldn't trust him for an instant. There is no telling what his scheming arce has come up with now or next.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
infowars as a source is laughable because alex jones is one of "them". their goal is to try and steal you soul plain and simple. so "accept no clones".

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
glad i have never signed up

Me too ! I guess that makes us "suspect", whatever that means. I think we all fall in that category to some extent.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
"Filings also reveal Soros upped his stake in US retail giant Wal-Mart to 4.8 million shares, worth $337 million."

OK now that's cause for concern. A while back my observant son told me that there were small cameras on the door frames at Wal-Mart. Next time I went there and looked. I then did a web search and found that those little protuberances on their door frames are indeed cameras. They have two types, a regular and a wide angle. They are advertised as shoplifting avoidance devices for patron and employees. Every time you enter and leave Wally World, you are on camera as a nice close up of your face and a wider one of your body.
This fits perfectly with Soro's holdings. Lots of facebook, and lots of Wal-Mart.
I look for a partnership between Facebook and Wal-Mart for the FaceDeals thing since Wal-Mart already has the camera's in place.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Scenario:

I walk into Walmart and grab a cart. The facial recognition software identifies me and pulls up my last 6 months of purchases. As I start walking down the aisles a tiny speaker in the cart handle says,
" Hey Sparky63, remember those chips that you like so much, guess what...there on sale this week." or " Hey Sparky63, our records show that you are about due to purchase some more diabetic test strips. You can get a free meter if you buy the larger box."
"Have a nice day".

No thanks. How can I opt out of this Orwellian nightmare?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

I deleted mine and when I went back it was all gone. I could not get anything back. I had to start over. I "had" to have one for work because Medicare uses it for something, but I found an alternative and did another delete.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GameKeeper
infowars as a source is laughable because alex jones is one of "them". their goal is to try and steal you soul plain and simple. so "accept no clones".

Could you provide any source or information about Alex Jones being "one of them" ? I don't see any.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think I am totally out of step with the rest of the world, not on any social site apart from this one, and two hobby sites, no cell phone, no idiot pad, no blueberry, no store cards, go to bed when I feel like it, get up when I feel like it, eat when I feel like it, watch what I want to watch on the idiot box, no soaps, no games, no sport, ( I must admit one failure, watching desperate housewives). I watch science and history mostly, plus comedies! do I exist I wonder?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Thanks for the link. I've been wondering. Yet, I'm not sure if I should log on and delete everything first before I permanently delete my account.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join