It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama loses top democrat to Romney.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It seems there will be some political defections this year as a top co-chairman for Obama has defected to the Romney side of the campaign. He cited Obama's failure to help race relations improve.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
He changed parties in May. Sounds like it was a career move for HIS political future. Of course he's going to stump for the Republican. It goes the other way, too.

Republicans for Obama

edit on 8/15/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
'...and from the city of Troy they said Hey! They left a Horse! Someone grab that puppy and drag it on in here so we can celebrate running them off!'

I hope Mitt keeps turncoats with real convenient timing away from anything too important. I don't trust party changers from either side unless a major life event sits there to explain it. This timing though makes for a rat the size of a poodle.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What I found interesting about the defection was his thoughts on Obama's failure with race relations. You would think it would be over some other political thing as blacks usually don't divide over the issue of race. But apparently this one did, and stated it as such as his major reason for abandoning his black president for Romney.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I hope Mitt keeps turncoats with real convenient timing away from anything too important. I don't trust party changers from either side unless a major life event sits there to explain it.

Romney changed his affiliation to Republican in October 1993 and formally announced his candidacy in February 1994.

en.wikipedia.org...

A Romney aide confirmed that the future governor had briefly been a Democrat. “He switched back” to unenrolled, the aide said.

www.mediaite.com...

....Just sayin...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

So I follow politics closely and this is the first time I have heard of Former Congressman from Alabama, Artur Davis.

You are welcome to your opinion, but "Top Democrat"....seems a desperate reach.

This guy ran for Govenor in Conservative Alabama in 2010 and lost. It looks to me like he is looking to position himself for another swing at it by leaning right....So what?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Well, if Romney has to fear himself for betraying himself then I think his political affiliations are the least of our worries with him.

Obama also spent part of his childhood in Islamic Madrasa education in Indonesia. Everyone seems to be happy to accept changing people these days, so I suppose Mitt gets the same pass for once being the other party, nearly 20 years ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

I hope Mitt keeps turncoats with real convenient timing away from anything too important. I don't trust party changers from either side unless a major life event sits there to explain it.

Romney changed his affiliation to Republican in October 1993 and formally announced his candidacy in February 1994.

en.wikipedia.org...

A Romney aide confirmed that the future governor had briefly been a Democrat. “He switched back” to unenrolled, the aide said.

www.mediaite.com...

....Just sayin...

Excellent validation of the old saying; "Birds of a feather, flock together."

Furthermore, I too follow politics pretty closely and I've never heard of Artur Davis either. Hardly a "Top Democrat" in my opinion. If anything, I'd call him a moderate closet republican.

Either way, I don't see this as any great loss for the Obama campaign and I doubt it will develop into any real advantage for Romney either.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Obama also spent part of his childhood in Islamic Madrasa education in Indonesia.

Or as the SANE world calls it...grade school...geez, I think it is that kind of NUTTY BS that turns folks off to the GOP.

CNN debunks false report about Obama
CNN debunks false report about Obama

Are we done with derailing the thread??
edit on 15-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
how ironic

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I hadn't heard of Arthur Davis either, but I wonder how many of the 435 Representaives I could name. Anyway, from the source article, it seems like his fame was mostly from Obama's first campaign:

Davis, who is black, may be best known for seconding Obama's nomination at the Democratic National Convention in 2008, when he served as an Obama campaign co-chairman. Davis said he had hoped Obama's presidency would make a huge dent in race relations, as well as move the Democratic Party further to the center.
As to why he left?

Davis said in June that he thinks his one time political party was becoming more unwelcoming towards Southern conservative Democrats.

"I think the Obama administration has candidly gone too far to the left. You can raise all kinds of questions on whether that's good politics or not," Davis said on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer." "Obviously the election will determine that."
Hard to find much to disagree with there.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've said it countless times before. If you want to understand a politicians agenda - ignore all else but one factor... who is currently lobbying him.

As a famous musician once said "It's all about the Benjamins" Including party loyalty.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

IF YOU TRULY FOLLOW POLITICS, YOU'D KNOW WHO ARTHUR DAVIS IS. HE SOMETIMES MAKES THE ROUNDS ON SUNDAY MORNING ROUNDTABLES, ETC.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Heres a quote from a thread I did on Mitt Romney and terrorism.

Suwanlert Jack
www.linkedin.com...

Suwanlert Jack's Overview
Current Director of Support & Intelligence - Global Safety & Security at Marriott International Inc.
Past Director of Loss Prevention at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Sub-interrogation Inspector at Royal Thai Police
Education American Military University (AMU)

Jack served on Marriott's International Crisis Team during several major crises including among others
Arab Spring events, earthquake and Tsunami in Japan, SARS breakouts, War on Iraq, JW Marriott Jakarta
bombing, Islamabad Marriott Bombings, conflicts in Lebanon and in Georgia, Hurricane Wilma in Cancun,
political crises in Honduras, Bangkok and the attacks on the JW Marriott Hotel Jakarta and The
Ritz-Carlton Hotel Jakarta in July 2009.

And don't think this is some guy in another country that has no connection to the US. Obituaries are some times a little more honest then people want. People are allways listed because you can't just leave them out because they meant so much to each other.

George Felix Shevlin III obituary Oct 04, 2011
poststar.com...

In addition to his wife Linda, George is survived by four children, George Felix Shevlin IV and his partner, Peerapol Jack Suwanlert, of Washington, D.C.

So now you know Jack is not just a foreigner. So who is this guy George Felix Shevlin IV?

Congressional Directory for the 111th Congress (2009-2010), December 2009.
www.gpo.gov...

Democratic Caucus
202A Cannon House Office Building, phone 225-1400, fax 226-4412
www.dems.gov
John B. Larson, of Connecticut, Chair
Xavier Becerra, of California, Vice Chair
STAFF
Executive Director.--George Felix Shevlin IV.

Wow some one who works for Mitt Romney, Suwanlert Jack who is partners with George Felix Shevlin IV who runs Executive Director of the Democratic Caucus? Maybe some other time I will look at that further?

Mitt Romney is tied to the Executive Director of the Democratic Caucus. Seeing people change sides is true colors coming out. They are moles in the Democratic party.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Dear JBA2848,

I'm tired. Usually you've got a good point, but I'm having trouble with this one. Romney was in charge of the audit team at Mariott, and a director. Suwanlert was an employee in another part of the world, doing very different things. He went to work for the Democrats. So? Do you think Romney was controlling Suanlert? Or that Suanlert was a Republican who changed to Democrat?

Sorry, I don't get it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

George Felix Shevlin IV Executive Director of the Democratic Caucus is partners with Peerapol Jack Suwanlert, of Washington, D.C who is in charge of all Marriotts security around the world. He was in charge when the twin towers fell on a Marriott. Romney even used the money they recieved for that Marriott being destroyed to pay off all the debt Marriott had.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Dear JBA2848,

Wow! I was more confused than I thought! Thanks for setting me straight.

But, according to the information you supplied, he was only a member of the International Crisis Team (or whatever it was called) in 2001.

Are you suggesting that Romney ordered the destruction of the Twin Towers to get insurance money for their nearby hotel?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The hotel might be closer than you think to the twin towers.

The security guy is still and has allways been there security guy. And he lives in Washington DC. But if you look at the history of the Marriotts use in planing coups and over throws of governments. Also the high level diplomats from around the world who go to them to meet and plan. you will understand how this simple security guy is so special. He plans the security for the planning of coups and uprisings. That is a very special security guy. And when your somebody like Mitt Romney working secret deals around the world he is a very special employee. And that guys boyfriend/partner just happens to be a executibe for the democratic party?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by Indigo5

IF YOU TRULY FOLLOW POLITICS, YOU'D KNOW WHO ARTHUR DAVIS IS. HE SOMETIMES MAKES THE ROUNDS ON SUNDAY MORNING ROUNDTABLES, ETC.

First...What's up with the ALL_CAPS??

Second...I rarely watch the Sunday Morning roundtables...Talking heads pretending thier opinions are newsworthy...and if you "TRULY" were familiar with him, you might be aware the name is spelled "Artur??

So a former African American congressman and failed Candidate for Govenor of ALABAMA...decides that he might get further in his career stepping to the righ?....No Sh*& Sherlock....It's Alabama!

Still don't get why I should care?.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think they all switch the harems on both sides

new topics

top topics

join