It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast near U.N compound in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- A bomb attached to a diesel tanker exploded behind a hotel housing U.N. monitors, state-run TV reported Wednesday.

Three people were wounded in the blast near the Dama Rose Hotel, but the observers tasked with monitoring the situation in Syria are safe, state media reported.

Sander van Hoorn, a correspondent for NOS Dutch radio and TV, told CNN he was about 400 meters away from the blast.

"We saw a big explosion emanating from a small fuel truck inside a nearby military compound. The military compound comprised of several old buildings is walled, guarded and monitored with security cameras, so it is difficult to enter the compound without permission," he said.

... this stinks of US involvement in my mind.

They did the same thing in Iraq, I feel its an attempt to force the UN to leave Syria so the US and its allies can really turn the heat up, just like they did in Iraq.

en.wikipedia.org...

It worked then, it looks like the Syria stooges the US has hired arent as efficient as the Iraqi's.

It wouldnt make sense for the rebels to hit the UN, after all, arent they there for the hearts and minds of the people wanting outside assistance?

And before you flame me

1. I dont have proof/evidence
2. This is my opinion, deal with it, debate it but dont attack me!

Edit to add,
Id like people to take note of the wording in the article, in my mind its subtle accusations to try and trick the masses into thinking this was a government attack

example 1.

"We saw a big explosion emanating from a small fuel truck inside a nearby military compound. The military compound comprised of several old buildings is walled, guarded and monitored with security cameras, so it is difficult to enter the compound without permission," he said.

Sets the scene that what ever hit this place either came from ABOVE, or was not part of the LOCAL security.

example 2.

Warplanes dropped explosives on the eastern province of Deir Ezzor early Wednesday, opposition activists said, as fierce clashes broke out again between regime and rebel fighters near the Syrian-Turkish border.

Since when do planes drop explosives? dont they drop bombs.

This is a perfectly engineered piece of propaganda..

in the first few paragraphs they mention an 'explosion' / 'explosive device'

then, they explain the the Syria military is dropping '' explosives '' from war planes.

its not meant to be obvious, but vague thinking in your head would link this together without you realising it.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Would not be surprised if the FSA terrorists did it themselves to blame Assad for a foreign intervention

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Could always be the 'Iran Trained Milltia'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join