It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 13 2012 Video of very clear Second Sun....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
We're living in an infinite universe, how arrogant to come here and dictate that what little laws of nature we know, should rule over the entire universe...

i really like this man. we really are just one drop of water in an infinitely huge ocean. we tend to forget that sometimes and when we do, i believe thats when we lose sight of whats really important

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Science is never irrelevant, in my view.

But then, perhaps it is for those willing to deny, distort and twist the evidence, or other member's replies?

Yeah, you got it copernicus...The most basic skill in science is observation, so I did not ignore the science aspect of your post.

Please, spare us your ignorant comments - and, when quoting a response, be sure to include ALL of the relevant paragraphs, not just the ones that fit the angle you're trying to push.

"ALL of the relevant paragraphs..." I thought this to be excellent advice, so I searched, double searched, and checked again, just to make sure...yeah...there was nothing else worthwhile posted in your response...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ultimately that's the point, isn't it .. If this were real, we'd be able to see it .. millions would have
reply to post by miniatus

Would it not also be a tad warmer with some serious surfing ?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by streetcleaner

The only way you could even think its real is if you think the sky is a hologram and the guy was able to catch a glimpse of it cracking. Even then more people should see it

There is one other way...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmacev
Don't know if this was pointed out in the thread or not, but people looking at the Sun would NOT see the object if it's only visible in infrared spectrum. Now if one uses any kind of digital camera, the object would be visible, because digital cameras detect infrared light. You can test it yourself by pointing your TV remote to your phones camera.
Now keeping that in mind and the idea that the object is only visible in certain areas of the world and at certain times only, this all idea doesn't look that much crazy, or does it?

edit on 14-8-2012 by gmacev because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2012 by gmacev because: (no reason given)

Does this look like a video taken in the infrared spectrum to you?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

So there was 2 sun's in the sky and this one guy was the only one to notice it and video tape it?!?!?!

Seriously?

Don't you think at least one other person or two, or a million would have seen it?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

So there was 2 sun's in the sky and this one guy was the only one to notice it and video tape it?!?!?!

Seriously?

Don't you think at least one other person or two, or a million would have seen it?

Most people try to AVOID looking at the Sun in the middle of the day. Do you know anyone who tries to look at the Sun in the middle of the day apart from us Planet X nuts
?

Heck, all the world's astronomers and space agencies sometimes miss incoming asteriods that are km's in diameter and they aren't detected until they have passed us, albeit much smaller than the "theoretical" Planet X, but reflecting light in the visible spectrum.

I thought this poster did a great job of answering why most can't see this while other can video it:

Originally posted by Haknow
Those who claim this is a sundog clearly don't understand what a sundog is.

Please, inform yourselves first: en.wikipedia.org...

Just google "sun dog" and you will see for yourself a "sun dog" doesn't look like that at all...Also:

- if it were a sundog, it should have a twin on the opposite side;
- sun dogs do not present perfect spheres, let alone a white and a red one quite distinct from each other.

So, whatever it is, it's not a sun dog.

Secondly, for those who say "if there was a second sun we should all see it by now" - you clearly don't understand anything about astronomy, physics, and in particular the nature of elliptical orbits in connection with the earth's own revolution around the sun.

Just like our common stars/ solar planets aren't visible all day in the same location, an incoming object could very well only be visible at specific hours in certain locations at varying angles, with a periodicity very different than those of our solar planets.

That being said, I do not claim this video is legit. Some things about it bother me, though I can't quite make out what it is.

I just believe we should steer clear of ignorant debunking claims.

So if you think it is a hoax, feel free to share your opinions on the methodology of the hoax.
edit on 14-8-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

edit on 14-8-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This video is garbage. It looks like it is shot with a cell phone camera made 10 years ago. It is a hoax, no one else sees this second sun so it CLEARLY doesn't exist.

Why do so many people on ATS lack common sense?

edit on 14-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
I checked out part of the video.

1. We see a bright object on the right - probably the Sun
2. We see a bright object move with respect to the Sun when the camera moves
3. We see 2 bright objects which do not move relative to the Sun

The bright object that moves relative to the Sun is a lens flare.

The seemingly stationary pair of objects are reflections outside of the camera and thus not lens flares. They are reflections of the Sun right in front of the camera probably due to a window.

This is not the first posting of such a hoax. These sorts of videos have been posted multiple times and they are hoaxes.

Sounds very plausible no doubt correct. What makes the second white "sun" to throb and seem to misshape?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
These videos are ridiculous. How many times is someone goign to post a video on ATS claiming there are two suns, only to see clear as day that it's either a known atmospheroc condition or something involving the lense of a camera?

If there were in fact two suns that close to each other...this planet would be rooooaaaaasting.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I wish it was a sundog but after looking at google images this doesnt look like a sundog....hmmm another wonderful mystery to ponder....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Heck, all the world's astronomers and space agencies sometimes miss incoming asteriods that are km's in diameter and they aren't detected until they have passed us, albeit much smaller than the "theoretical" Planet X, but reflecting light in the visible spectrum.

In response to this, I would ask you post:

1) How many times incomings have been missed and their sizes. I believe specifics are necessary.
2) How many objects smaller than 3KM have been identified in the solar system and their distances from the Earth.
2) Name a natural element that does not reflect visible light.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Taken just now...no Niburu.

I did NOT see this:

edit on 14-8-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's still amazing the lack of simple common sense there is. Honestly.. a second SUN is in the sky, and ONE youtube poster sees and takes a video of it? You honestly, seriously believe that? It would be headline news if there were 2 suns in the sky. I realize you think the entire world is blind, but many more people out of BILLIONS of people would notice an extra sun hanging around.

And this sort of post from this particular poster shows how you cannot take anything he says seriously. If you want to try and convince folks nibiru exists, try posting concrete proof. Logic. Fact. Something tangible. This is utterly ridiculous, and moreso that you would think anyone would buy it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I looked through a several dozen images on Google of "sundogs", and I'll be honest: I didn't find a single one that looked like what i say in the video. In the Google pictures, I could see easily understandable phenomena. I could see how it was happening, how the side-lights related to the sun. They looked like they were splashing off a titanic shield or something.

The video didn't look like that. Two very clearly defined round orbs in the sky, and the smaller one had some sort of shadow to it, or something. No, that isn't Google's example of a sundog.

Maybe I'm wrong, but to my eye, it appears to be something else. What, I don't know. But I'm tossing my opinion into the ring, if it counts for anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I have to ask the question....If there was a second sun it would be visiable everywhere..at least in the same hemisphere...is that not correct ?

I am a skeptic at heart but there are things that go unexplained but this has to be wrong and surely you can understand why....there are way too many people with eyes skyward and no why we would not be able to see this.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gmacev

So it does not emit light? It's not a sun at all then.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinza

What I saw suggests otherwise. At what point is there evidence as to the person being outside.
edit on 14-8-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

They'd think it was the moon.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Sounds very plausible no doubt correct. What makes the second white "sun" to throb and seem to misshape?

I don't want to waste any more bandwidth on the video. There is a problem called blooming in which bright object cause the electrons caught in cells to flow out into adjacent cells. It makes bright objects appear bigger than they are.

www.astronomics.com...
www.dcviews.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join