It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Spirit - A Picture Is Worth More Than Words Sometimes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MechanicalSunrise
Don't forget Religion...

do you really think religions that are waiting a messiah (Jesus) and are worshipping one God are the real problems or those that says "we should make a country somewhere in the middle east by excuse of religions and by misusing that" or "we should make them fight with eachother by excuse of religions and by misusing that"

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Says it all. Sod the politicians and the warmongers. We are all brothers and we came to Britain, maybe as adversaries, but we leave as friends

Hell, us Brits even applauded the Aussies

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Says it all. Sod the politicians and the warmongers. We are all brothers and we came to Britain, maybe as adversaries, but we leave as friends

Hell, us Brits even applauded the Aussies

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
When I see a picture like this it reminds me of the universal human spirit of our desire to be social and loving towards each other; which is always being broken and discouraged by those who have decided to only use the logical part of their brain instead of also using the emotional part of their brain. It is human emotions which is our greatest survival advantage. In order for us humans to survive, and enjoy the benefits of living on a beautiful planet, we must stop making war with each other so much. Already we have done enough damage to this planet to cause some serious problems which cannot be reversed anymore.

In the coming years we will reap the effects of war greed and murderous ways we have done so much during our time on this planet as the dominate animal. Pay attention to what is happening to the ice caps and the tectonic plates. Earth is changing in profound ways and it appears to be too late to change it.

A little more peace is exactly what we need. We will need to really stick together in the coming years and that cannot happen if we are fixed on killing and controlling each other.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
if you see the opposite side of the picture the only person that looks even remotely happy is the american.

i do appreciate the symbolism though but i feel the coming war is inevitable unfortunately

Is this the photo?

backchannel.al-monitor.com...

If it is, I don't think the Iranian looks unhappy, just calm and collected.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Nukeleer because: oops

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This picture actually made my heart jump
And im not even America or Islamic! Canadian!

I am tired with all this media lies and governments controlling people with it. Send a thousand Americans to Iran or Isreal, and do vice versa, NOTHING WILL happen destructively by doing this. Those people will join in a society with the other country happily! People are people no matter the colour, country, flag or any other difference..

The ONLY thing that makes us feud eachother, is the leaders of each countries controlling media and creating lies. Controlling their own people and putting them against eachother and other countries. A World with one council, would rejoin all colours from all reaches of the planet with peace and harmony

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nukeleer

if you see the opposite side of the picture the only person that looks even remotely happy is the american.

i do appreciate the symbolism though but i feel the coming war is inevitable unfortunately

Is this the photo?

backchannel.al-monitor.com...

If it is, I don't think the Iranian looks unhappy, just calm and collected.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Nukeleer because: oops

i agree, doesnt look unhappy at all. Just more formal and calm. A little bit awkward but not unhappy.
edit on 13-8-2012 by braydenf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Thanks for posting.

Good Job

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sure was an amazing games, the amount of emotion shown was amazing.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

yeah because everyone in american is jumping with joy and happy with the current situation that america faces.

its naive to think people in 3rd world countries or places like iran arent as happy as people in a country like america.

happiness comes from your mind and heart, not from some shiny car or debts that will stress you out til you die.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If you are gay in iran you are killed. women cant drve cars. just saying

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by volcom2308

what does this have to do with the picture or the games

....just sayin

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Iranian gays exist

Iran unveils plan for women's car

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

women can drive cars in iran,
i had one tell me they drive faster than the men because maybe they enjoy that freedom.

sigh the human race has no hope left for it!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I agree 10000000000000000000000000% with the OP!

War serves the interest of only a few who somehow manage to rally up enough people to follow their insane plans. Thank you for bringing forward these images of peace and hope! I applaud your initiative and good will. S&F

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Here's the thing and I know this might kill the buzz, but when the world thinks about the Americans who they hate, the man in that picture, is NOT the image that comes to mind. Let's just say the Americans that the world sees as evil look a little more like Mitt Romney and not the man in the picture. It's not America they hate. It's the image that they think represents America that they hate.

...and they have a point there.

PS No. I'm not an expert, but I have actually left the country and lived abroad and everyone seems to have the same opinion that I just expressed. They don't hate all Americans, just a certain type and believe it or not Europeans have expressed the same thing to me.
edit on 13-8-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

As you can see
Yes it actually CAN be this simple

Because guess what, citizens of countries actually would rather remain alive and not send their brothers and sisters to war

I really think the media, though I know they won't, could do a great job of spreading this with a positive message.
it's unfortunate that we would never see something like that

The media actually advocating war left and right ALL THE TIME
edit on 13-8-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

This is just awesome!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I once saw a picture of Obama and Harper walking away like this picture
It was Obama's hand behind Harpers with Canada's PM Harper's head looking downwards

I thought that the image on the National Post was very strategic, letting Canadians think that Obama is there to guide Harper
Sheeple would fall for that symbolism too easily

Don't be like them, it's just a 1second snapshot that's all
His hand below the american's hand means absolutely nothing!!!

i remember that picture, noticed it right away they were visiting canada and the prime minister isnt even leading the pack of men there was the mexican president there also. obama was the leader!!! i hope somthing happens that he dosnt become president, i think.................... well whatever we will c what happens from here, sit back and enjoy the ride cause there is nothing we can do to stop them! but know about it and be prepared!

ONE LOVE

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This one is my favorite:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by volcom2308

???

women DO driven in Iran!!! and represent 60% of students in university

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>