It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great minds needed! I need ideas and input

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Hey Pal,
Lets go ahead and think really outside the box, even though this idea is not new , or that radical.

1st, what is your diet like?

2nd, while you may need a new liver, you can definitely try to restore, regenerate, or repair the one you have.
Im not going to get too detailed for if you wish you find more information you can submit a google search.

Research juicing vegetables and fruits. I have heard of people on their death beds live to tell stories 10 years after their supposed death date and swear by juicing vegetables.

Buy a juice machine, start juicing carrots, kale, apples, cucumbers, or anything your heart desires and drink it constantly. You will see a termendous difference in your health. As I said before, you may indeed need a new liver, but in the meantime you can try to replenish the one you have. Google juicing for the liver. Im sure you will find help there.

Including juices in your diet can be very useful for people with hepatitis C. We know that sometimes eating large meals can be a problem and juices can provide a way of getting some quick energy. They can also help to add variety to your diet and assist the body to absorb some of the nutrients found in fruit and vegetables.

Hep C - Juicing

Without handing over my liver is the best advice I can give you. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
While reading your OP and learning what you're problem/predicament was, this was the first thing that came to mind:

Intentionally infecting patients with HepC

I remember overhearing a story during the last 1 or 2 months that involved some medical professional in the U.S intentionally infecting people with Hepatitis C over the last few years and being arrested for it recently. I heard this either on the evening news or 60 Minutes or something. I think its a good chance that this link I provided is the exact same case I overheard on television. You say you live in Seattle and are a truck driver so you may want to dig up the last several years of your medical history (specifically, what hospitals and in what state you visited) and determine if you are a victim of this nefarious deed perpetrated by this guy, since you say it is unknown how you contracted it. If it turns out you are indeed victim to this, then perhaps a lawsuit is in order.
edit on 8/12/2012 by SerratedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mahon

actualy i have kicked up the amount of pre packaged vegtable and fruit juice i drink, mainly v8 and minute made brands, but you are right, a juicer would be a much better idea. Raw natural foods can do a lot, while i dont think there is much help or hope for it regenerating my liver, at least it can help what i do have left working heal. Which would add time, although this is all dependant on getting the hep C under control, otherwise it will just destroy any progress made by the juice and other things.

Thanks for the idea.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SerratedSoul

Ya i read up on that case a while back, the guy need a slow and painful death for doing that, just wrong to do something that evil to others.
Sadly, i dont have much medical history, just dot physicals and such,
i never realy needed a doctor for anything in the past 10 to 15 years,
was going strong and enjoying life. But i do hope that the people he did infect file suit aginst him, both criminal and financial. He deserves everything he gets for doing something so low.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has suggested this already but in all honesty it only takes 150K people donating $1 to get the money you need. Now how do you get to 150K people?

Social Media Marketing....get on youtube, facebook, twitter and explain your situation. Get someone who makes music to produce a song for you that you sell for 50cents alternatively $1 per download but be clear to explain that all the money is going towards your medical expenses, get book publishers, search for health guru's, nutricionists etc on youtube see if they are willing to get your message out and maybe exchange services, they get you on their diet and you talk about it in your own videos (that could actually help you get your body ready for surgery) in exchange they pay you for every referral. I suggest being honest with your followers that that is what you are doing. There is nothing wrong in that as long as it is honest. Get viral (no spam emails please) but rather a site with information, a video, twitter page and a blog where you talk about your illness etc. Something that engages people on your situation.

I'll be more than happy to donate my $1 worth to your cause and i think most people have at least $1 to spare to help you.

I am really sorry that you and yours are going through this and wish you all the best and much love and inspiration in trying to raise the funds. Stay open and expect help to arrive. Positivity will definitely open doors.

Sending positive energy your way
much love

Adding: I'll be more than happy to write you a song to sell (although I am by no means a professional) and will be willing to let all the money (if any) go toward your cause. U2U me if you would consider this an option. Anything to help.

edit on 12/8/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have to say, the responses i have got have overwhelmed me.
I was just sitting here trying to soak up all the ideas and wishes.
It is more than i ever expected. I know for some its not much, but
sitting from where i am, it means a lot.

Thank you, each and every one of you, i'm going to respond to a post and
go offline for a few, a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

There are a lot of great ideas in that one little paragraph. It is going to take me a few to process it all and consider options.

i will u2u you in a while, thank you for the offer.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you and your family; you are now added to my prayer list!

My suggestion is go to all the TV stations in your area; tell them your story; and what you need; they just may feature you on TV; also contact your local newspapers; go there in person; tell your story; plus the local radio stations....be assertive and just do it!

I know that others on this thread have suggested this idea; I just think it will work. The idea is to get the various media to donate the air time on TV and radio and the written word in the press. Brush up on your people skills and go for it!

edit on 12-8-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hey mate sorry to hear about the your issue.

Look i know this is the 21st century and all but have you thought or researched natural remedies?
You do know that all those so called medicine are made out of plants,roots and fruit etc.
this sounds weird but try find a local witch doctor or a herb guru?

HEP C effects liver from my understanding

First of all you must change diet
VEGIES, FISH AND CHICKEN ONLY (no any type of alcohol)

Second of all start searching for Herbs that can restore your liver (VITAMIN C is a good start)

There are HEAPS of herbs and remedies you can try before you hang up the towel
we are so brain washed about medicine that we try it first because we are TOLD to.

In the past 3 years of my life i haven't taken even penicillin or any other drugs nor have i even caught a flue
i look it at it this way modern drugs lower your ability to fight of any diseases so if you don't take them the harder for you to get sick.
In your case you must fight and build your immunity system up.

Best of luck Mate

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You will not be able to do the hydrogen peroxide treatment once you have a new liver, as the hydrogen peroxide boosts the immune system to fight anything foreign, so a new organ would be rejected. Must be done while you are still all you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Before you do a liver transplant why don't you try a good anti-parasite product and a few liver flushes. I had liver cancer and don't have it anymore with this protocol. Get my book- "The Paradigm Shift in Healthcare". I've been bringing people back from "terminal" for 12 years now.
Also get your lower back and neck checked out by a good chiropractor. Works wonders for truck drivers. The damn medic will kill you if you let them. We HAVE answers... Doc

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I am praying for you and your family.

I cannot add anything to the great fundraising ideas offered... but I can add my enthusiasm for juicing and raw foods. Some herbs and nutritional supplements might also help. Hippocrates, the "Father of Medicine," said, "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." It's amazing what the body can do for itself when given the right tools. I had to find alternatives for prescription antibiotics due to severe (life-threatening) allergies in my family, and it's been a true Godsend. There are foods and supplements that can help, if not cure, most ailments. Do consult your physician about any supplements you take to be sure they will complement and not interfere with other medical treatments.

EarthClinic.com is one of my favorite sites for natural remedies that work, which can be Googled for further medical/clinical research. The good people there have helped me many many times. Hep C remedies are here: www.earthclinic.com...

Here is another informative page I found: voices.yahoo.com...

Good luck and God bless.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
ok, making headway, either i use a non profit group online for fundraising, which i am not sure i like,
i have read many of them over and some of them are down right greedy, others require recipts in order
to access any funds for medical needs, pay up front and get reimbursed. So it is looking like i need to set
up a Special Needs Trust. I have some research to do to figure out all of this. It is going to take a little while
since i am not of the legal mind type.
Once that is set up, then i can proceed with the fundraising.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wan7ed

Yes wan7ed, i have done quite a bit of research on natural healing, there is quite a bit out there, i already add some to my daily med's. I am not sure if its helping or not yet, but it cant hurt thats for sure.

Yes, Hep C effects the liver, hepatitis is translated in some language to the words, disease and liver, but cant remember exact wording and what language it came from, its been a while since i stumbled across that.

yup, i have totally changed my diet, i still have to have my steak every now and then, but for the most part its high preteen low fat's. that was one of the first things my doc told me. No no alcohol here, i quit the day i was diagnosed, not that i drank much, but enjoyed a beer or two when i was home, but that all ended when i got sick.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I have time, i am not even on the transplant list yet, and it takes a average of 12-18 months to get to the top once you are on the list, so there should be time between the chemo and the transplant to give it a shot.
I was doing a lot of reading on that yesterday, there is quite a bit of information out there with what seems to be some good results.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Healthlaws

i will look for your book and do some reading, first i have seen of this type of therapy, but i'm open to study and learn about any and all ideas. Thanks for the tip i will check around and find a copy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Boadicea

I agree it is amazing what the body can do given the right fuel.

Yes i always run everything past the doc just to be safe, they may not always agree with things, but
they will tell me if it will cause any more damage or cause problems later, which is whats important,
actually they are open to alternative meds which is good.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Just sent a email to a lawyer to see what the cost would be to set up a
special needs trust fund. Hopefully its within my budget, because from
what i have learned so far there is a lot of tricky wording involved and if anything
is not stated specifically it can cause big problems.

*lol* i may have to have a fund raiser so i can have a fund raiser.
depending on what the average cost is for setting something like this up
I would not think it would cost to much, a few hundred, but then again its
lawyers ya never know.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think this is insane... I cannot imagine living a life where you have to pay for healthcare. I'm seriously sorry to hear of your situation.

If I lived in the US I would be dead by now... and I have family over there trying to get me over. My family here aren't rich enough to afford a lot of things, it's one paycheck to another. I have heart and liver issues, very hard to work. My mom is ill too and it's just the two of us. I can't imagine how many deaths are caused there by people simply not having the money.

On a note for your help - this might sound stupid but surely it would be cheaper to move to the UK or Canada and just get this done now for free (don't know entirely about Canada's care costs). Yes it would mean more time away for family but I think that's a good compromise.

I believe that if you aren't a UK citizen but need health 'repairs', you still get a lot of support. And you still have some time to get things sorted. Might sound like a stupid idea... but if you want any information I'll try and find some for you, at least you've got a contact over here now.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
imo You should start here www.brightsideben.com...
I was born with a kidney disease and never found much help from parma companies.
I have full kidney function now since i started a nutritional program with no meds.
Also faith in Jesus is your best path.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join