It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great minds needed! I need ideas and input

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Very sorry to hear what you are going through.

This may help its a fund raiser for selling flower bulbs, its for non profit organizations.
you get 50 per cent of the sales.

What would appeal to people about this is that they actually get something in return for their money.

www.veseys.com...

You could get your family and friends all to help with the selling.

Good luck and hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
How is your heath otherwise; I mean do you exercise, are you overweight, what food do you eat, are you drinking flouridated water???
If I were you I would look into the alternative cures, our "food" is notoriously short of the vitamins and minerals it requires, they are plenty of "real" vitamins and mineral suppliments ourt there which could help you substantially. Also I am not sure if I am allowed to mention names but Don Tolman is any interesting fellow, his website should be able to help you he is an advocate for eating raw foods, drinking plenty of fresh clean water.
The world is full of people who have been told they have this disease or that illness and have only years or months to live but have defied the odds and the medical profession and are still hale and hearty.
The power of thought can help fantastically well, I also suggest you send love and healing to your body especially your liver, everyday, you have nothing to lose.
Oh, and massage your feet and hands which you can do yourself. Get rid of any toxic things that are in your house eg cleaning chemicals, use baking soda, and vinegar to clean things instead.
Blessings to you.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
well if it were me, i'd be doing something along the lines of "breaking bad".

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Good Morning....I hope you rested well, and your pain is at bay today. I just read through this thread and before I share a few ideas.. I would like to send you and others here suffering with life threatening health problems my sincere blessings.....♥

For a hard working family man to be facing such a scary thing is heartbreaking, and while it is clear you are are a proud and giving man......I admire your reaching out, no one can do it alone, and your life is valuable...and your actions will effect you and your families destiny in this "crucial" time in your life.

It seems you need some good legal and financial advice in order to set up a paypal account and not lose your disability, which we all know sucks, and sorry, not meaning to use your situation to rant, but it's just not right that our very lives are determined by lack of money....but....I know there are "tricks" to by-pass these stupid rules.....I would send out a mass mailing to lawyers/accountents, explaining your situation and try and get some pro-bono advice. Perhaps the account can be in your wife, kids, or other close family members name?

I would definately set up a specific facebook page telling your story, make it personal, this IS personal, let your kids help make it, amazing how creative kids can be, and allowing them to help Daddy may ease the fear and helpless feelings they probably have. Once your FB page is set up, mass mail it to every celebrity, politician, biker club, church group, etc., etc.....ask others to help mass mail it, I would be willing to help if you sent me a link....I can think of some good public figures to e-mail this to, and perhaps including your link, plus "emotional" appeals by others on your behalf, it would promt some of these people to reach out and help.

It's a twisted world when an outfit worn on the "red carpet" could save someone's life, and I'm willing to appeal to these "lucky" people on your behalf...what's crazy is many of these folks could cut you a check for $100,000 without breaking a sweat....but you need to know the legalities of setting up an account...seems to be a high priority before any fundraising can move forward. Please feel free to IM me if you would like my help...I'm pretty good at writing "emotional" hard hitting letters, lol, I've been told, and would be happy to edit and play with some ideas.....

One last thing, ....if livers grow and/or can be transplanted and if it takes...the person can then lead a normal life again....WOW.....you gotta stay focused on that....eat healthy, live like your going to live....BELIEVE you are going to live...keep your stress level as low as possible......keep having fun and laughs with your family and friends........Miracles do happen......♥

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I read your story and and I wish I could offer some advice for fund raising which I cannot. I wish I could help you directly financially too. I am in a financial crisis myself but still have my health. If I happen to come into a huge surplus of money you will definately be 1st on my list of people to help. All I can do for you at this point is say a prayer and offer you a lil' bit of advice that really works. Here it is "dream positive, Be positive and stay positive" I wish you well friend.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Go get the surgery done in India, it won't cost you more than $50k...from what I hear....

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

My heart is with your family and you, severdsoul. I add my prayers and positive thoughts with others.

I have seen some wonderful ideas put forth in this thread. I would like to add a couple of simple ideas that will allow your family to be involved in helping you.

1) partner with your local AVON representative. Now, before you laugh, remember that a lot of people like AVON products; the rep will have more than one fundraising option available.

2) car washes. Everyone washes their car (sooner or later). The startup will be minimal, the children can participate, and it can be ongoing (each weekend, perhaps).

Simple ideas, I know, but simplicity can accomplish more than is realized.

In all of this, don't forget the most important thing: the legacy of time with your family.

Peace and blessings to you

J

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Beaufromnz

Otherwise my health is ok, i exercise as much as i can, although its a challenge, I have to put 10 lbs of muscle on between now and time for chemo, which is not far off, so my exercise is kicking into high gear. definitely not overweight, before this started i was 191lbs of solid muscle, at my lowest a few months ago i was down to 145, i am slowly working my way back up, last time i went to the doc i was 153. Never had issues in my life with being overweight, i was always to active. Foods are a tricky one, i have to watch my salt intake, so i am constantly adjusting what i eat to balance out the salt levels for the day, i try to stick to fruits and veggies and fish, but i love my steak's, have a hard time cutting those out. fluoridated water? nope, we have a well, fresh mountain well water run through a culligan filter system to clean out anything bad. not a fan of fluoride from what i have learned over the years.

I have looked into alternative cures there are not many, but there are some, i take 3000mg of milk thistle every day, and just ordered a few other things i have to get the doc to check over to make sure it wont cause any damage before i try it. At this stage i'm trying about anything that looks promising and safe.

yuck massage, i use to be married to a massage therapist, she was great at her job, one of the gifted, but i could never get myself to allow her or anyone else to perform a massage of any kind, the time she was in school learning about it i learned more about the human body than i care to know, i know there are benifits, but i just cant bring myself to do it.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

Thanks for the link, i will check more into that.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear that. Try doing like others said and do a funraiser. Tell your story and I am sure you will get there. All you have to do after that is hope and pray that you will reach your goal.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Cuba has excellent medical care....even Venezuela. Good luck buddy!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

not sure what 'breaking bad' is, that is a new one on me.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sent U2U
SnF
Im sorry you are going through this.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I got some sleep, but not much, my brian would not shut down, to much to think about, but i'm sure i will make up for it tonight and tomorrow.

Great idea for the probono work, yes legal advice is something i think i am going to have to find, just for peace of mind if nothing else, i tryed searching the disabilities website, but got no where.

Yes the facebook page is a definite must do, great idea of getting the kids involved, i dont hide anything from them, they know whats going on when we do, i figure its better to let them find out and have time to process it and ask questions rather than hiding things from them. I do try to word things so it wont worry them to much though. My delema is do i set the page up now, or wait until i have a way for donations and know what and how i can do things.

I have to agree, it amazes me what people waste money on, sure i know , they earned it, its theirs to waste if they choose and i hold no ill twords them for it, but it still amazes me.

Yes the chance of things going back to normal in several years is a very good thing to focus on. But i'm a realist, my better half has the optimistic attitude and is not taking much of it to heart, i on the other hand have done the research and read the reports and crunched the numbers and know realistically what my odds are, while i like to hope for the best, i have to keep my feet on the ground.

Last year 55000 people were waiting for a liver transplant in the U.S.
Last year there were 7000 livers to transplant
Every day 18 people die while waiting for a transplant.

Sure i may end up being one of the lucky ones, and i really hope that i am, but i have to keep the real numbers and statistics in my head while i am hoping.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

I've checked into that option, there is a LOT of red tape to move to a different country seeking medical, even if you dont tell them up front, there is still a waiting period before you are covered by the country's medical for something this big.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Thank you, now i have to admit, Avon is not something that ever crossed my mind, but they do have a huge network, interesting idea.

Car wash is a good idea, but i am not sure i am physically able to do one, i could last a little while but after a few hours the pain would be to much, right now the immediate support group is small, just me the wife and kids and grandparents. I am working on expanding that, but it takes a little time.

you are so right, time spent with them is the most important.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You should look into taking food grade hydrogen peroxide.

You take on an empty stomach, using distilled water only. 3 hours after eating, or 1 hour before.

You use an eyedropper and drop 3 drops of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide into 250ml of water.

You take this three times per day.

You go up one drop per day. so 3 drops three times a day, 4 drops 3 times a day, 5 drops three times a day, and so on, until you get to 25 drops. You can stay at this level if you feel it is needed, or if you are feeling better, you can work back down one drop per day, until you get back to 3 drops. Then stay on a maintenance dose of three drops, three times a day. From what I have heard, this does wonders against hep c.
edit on 12-8-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Interesting, i will have to do some research into this and seriously consider adding it to my routine if it looks promising after my round of chemo is complete.

Thanks for the tip, that is a new one on me, i will defiantly be looking into it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You should not be afraid of going back to church, maybe the communion will help keep your spirits high. As for the financial portion of it, I am seeing a couple decent ideas, one that I have been thinking of lately that seems like you need more than I do is actually quite simple. A Raffle House or something similar. If you could get some business to donate product or if you have some interesting stuff around your house to get you started. The process would be something along the lines of....

1. Post flyers around your town and maybe neighboring towns that advertise purchasing raffle tickets for different things and you can hold several different raffles at one time. Remember though that you need a good ticket price to product ratio.

2. Host the raffle, maybe if you are lucky a local park or ymca will donate space to you for larger crowds of people.

3. Depending on profits, if it works out correctly(which it definitely would work with donated space, time, and products) host several others until you either can't do it anymore or till you reach your goal.

If you combine this idea with a few others it might just nickel and dime your way there. You may even be able to get ad space in the local newspapers, or even a segment on TV News. Just remember, it isn't over till the fat lady sings!(and opera is dying out)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by LadyJae

Car wash is a good idea, but i am not sure i am physically able to do one, i could last a little while

You shouldn't have to! I'm sure your son and daughter have friends who would participate. Never underestimate the passion and drive of the young ones. Let them end the day with pizza and drinks. They'll have a lot of fun in the process

As to AVON...we raised well over $2,000 (our portion of the proceeds) for our local elementary school using one of the fundraisers. I know that isn't a drop in the bucket compared to what you need, but it is a start.

J

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join