It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Surveillance Cameras Around the Country Are Being Used In a Huge Spy Network Ca

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Say you were walking outside late at night and you walked by an ally where some one was getting stabbed, you didn't see anything (it was dark). At that point, they have you walking away from a crime if the camera angle is just "so" and now you are involved in a crime.
You could also have them send the police out to ask you why you are out so late and why you hate the govt. as per your internet records (if you are not doing anything wrong...).

But wouldn't the same camera also record the REAL perpetrator emerging from the alley a few seconds later? And wouldn't other cameras have picked you up minutes beforehand coming out of a cinema / pub / restaurant (thus providing evidence of your real reason for being there at that time)?

Neither of the points you mention in your last paragraph are offences in the UK. Not only am I not going to lose sleep over a policeman questionning me about them, but no policeman with half a brain is going to go down that road anyway, because there is nothing to gain from it. Perhaps things are different on t'other side of t'pond.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Why the government are keeping this under wraps is beyond me. Public knowledge of this would make a great deterrent against crime. The intentions behind this therefore are obviously immoral.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Nothing new (i would guess), they have been using these cameras for years.

All depends on the intention of these cameras. If they have a legitimate reason behind them it will still be abused for other purposes though....

You mention london as a comparison, alot of cameras (i would assume almost every one of them) aren't hidden from view, and you can usually see them concentrated on busy areas (high streets, shopping malls, etc) as is the case which most busy areas in the UK, you won't typically find a camera on every main road and/or traffic junction. They can be good for helping victims of crime and giving some justice by helping track down criminals, but at the same time it is an abuse of privacy for every person that walks by one.

Not sure if it's a good thing. Not sure if it's a bad thing.

The one thing i agree on though, is that any camera which is being used, regardless of it's reason, should be clearly visible, whether that be a huge signpost warning of a camera or whatever.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
if youre not doing anything wrong, whats the problem?

cctv is doing alot more to keep you safe than anything else
is it just me or does this sound like a government computer bog standard response?fishy.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
to the guy that said it will take too much man-power to watch em all.....

thats what im afraid of, computers doing the looking, programs that pick out suspect behaviour. there is nothing good about this, nothing. innocent people will pay the price

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I don't see how this is shocking or even a bother.

People of religious faiths are suppose to act like their choice of higher power is watching them at all times anyway.

When you're out and about, you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway. If you do, well, expect to get caught out for it. Simple.

uh privacy apathetic hipster too cool to care huh

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
edit: removed post because it was offtopic
edit on 12/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Planet teleX

it reminds me of a trailer for a new programme which is about to air in the u.k.(you Americans probably already have seen it),it's called "person of interest".in the trailer the actor who played Ben in lost says "the government watches everything and ignores crimes they deem irrelevant".which if this was true would mess up their it's to prevent crime,for your own good bull####.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
You guys are just focusing on the cctv cameras. EVERYTHING goes on there, even the stuff you say on ATS.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
"If you're not doing anything wrong, why does it matter?"

That people really say this...humanity makes me sad sometimes

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Its a new form of database that enables them to pull up a huge file of info to use against you when the time comes.

You dont have to commit a crime for them to arrest you. Helps them get you on a list to use when martial law sets in.
Hitler did the same thing. People wondered how the german police managed to arrest so many of the government opposition members in such a short time. And how did they indeed?

The same as they are doing now! Build a database of any and all opposers and troublemakers and let it run a few years. While doing that make them angrier by threatening to take away some of their freedoms or liberties and wait for them to respond to it.

They have already been in your street. They have a picture of your house.
If you have a mildly encrypted wi-fi at home, they got ALL your data.
They probably already have pictures of your room if you have a webcam and plenty more if you have a cellphone with a decent camera, which you probably do.
You are on this website, you are most likely on their watch list.
Patriot act, baby, patriot act!

This calm before the storm is intended, planned.

Make sure you dont TRAP yourself.

In hindsight, quite a befiting name, this TrapWire.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I feel bad for city people...

I live in the California mountains in a forest... no cameras here!

We can do pretty much anything and not see a single trace of civilization for miles sometimes.
We pretty much just get to see old retired people golfing.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
this is pretty big news and the nonchalance of people in this thread is disturbing and im not even from the US.

also the fact wikileaks is being pounded by DDOS should go to show how important this info is, and TPTB dont want it getting out.

if you really think they are just using it to "watch" then you must be stupid. think about the massive amount of effort that would be needed to get this setup and you think its all just to keep tabs on us? you dont think they are using this for nefarious means? if it was as simple as just using it for security in the same way as CCTV they wouldn't need to hide the info from the public.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Define naughty.
The thing I don't like is being watched because it's assumed that if they don't watch, I will do something naughty.
Frankly, we aren't the ones that need to be watched.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

It's also complete rubbish.
I have never once heard a news story saying "Such and such crime was prevented by security personnel observing on cctv camera".
More often than not, it's a grainy black and what shot that is of such poor quality no one can make out anything other than shades of blacks and whites, and the cops pleading for someone to come forward and identify the miscreant after the fact.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Guess again buddy...
Look up...waaay up.
That's right, satellites watching you, closer to the ground, drones...there is no escape from the security complex octopus.
Frankly I think it has more to do with keeping a bunch of losers with no other skills other than being nosey in a job.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

Satellites cannot see through a thick grove of trees Haha. Therefore im covered. Unless they have a magical mirror that can bend light around the tree.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by ViktorHaze

Satellites cannot see through a thick grove of trees Haha. Therefore im covered. Unless they have a magical mirror that can bend light around the tree.

i guess infared is magic?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

To cave man hippie in the woods it is, HAHAHAHA!
Just kidding.
Dude they can count the hairs on your boys and probably give you a laser hair removal Brazilian, one follicle at time if they wanted too.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The problem is that "wrong" is a loosely defined term. It wasn't "wrong" to be Japanese-American in WWII times. It wasn't "wrong" to be a Muslim right after 9/11. All you need is some false flag directing hatred towards conspiracy theorists, and they will be pulling up YOUR information through their vast database and targeting YOU faster than you can say "CCTV." There are no rights in this country, only privileges that can be quickly taken away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join