It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Surveillance Cameras Around the Country Are Being Used In a Huge Spy Network Ca

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Originally posted by Kino321
if youre not doing anything wrong, whats the problem?

cctv is doing alot more to keep you safe than anything else

Hmmm.. by that logic I guess that means that we'll soon see a massive opening of these records (if they exist) and full public access to all that info.

Goodness, walking around in public is...well..public isn't it??!!

If the government isn't doing anything wrong with all of that info then what's the problem in sharing it with us?

uhm you forgot to actually say something.

or maybe youre just very cryptic.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

If this were actually true, don't you think the people putting these up would be spreading the knowledge of the hows and whys around?

Seems they are pretty guilty about it because it is not part of many public discussions and is actually more covert than anything else.. This alone paints the whole thing as something being used for "Abuse" of it's target audience..

People need to be made aware of all of their locations so they know what to shoot at..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kino321

"....keep you safe" LOL! All it means is your family will have video of your demise.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

If this were actually true, don't you think the people putting these up would be spreading the knowledge of the hows and whys around? Seems they are pretty guilty about it

guilty about waht? watching people?
i dislike the government as much as the next person.
but cctv is a good thing. you can think the worst of youre goverment, i dont care.
cctv is a good thing.
if you disagree, tell me how it can be bad?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Is this even on the official wikileaks site?
Nobody seems to question sources it feels like. I'm not saying I know this to be hogwash, but wtf is "concious life news"?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If that were the case then we would not have so many unanswered questions about the aurora joker murders and such.
In no way shape or form do i feel safer.I feel used to say the least.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kino321

It's okay, not really important that you know, either. But you can not deny it is a true statemet. Cameras in all cases record crime in progress, if the angle is right. Dont really see how it stops crime or increases "safety" if no one knows they are there.

I think people are fooling themselves if they think these are only for public safety.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I don't see how this is shocking or even a bother.

People of religious faiths are suppose to act like their choice of higher power is watching them at all times anyway.

When you're out and about, you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway. If you do, well, expect to get caught out for it. Simple.

How far are you willing to go thou? Would you be fine with cameras in your house? I mean you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway, so why not?

XL5

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Say you were walking outside late at night and you walked by an ally where some one was getting stabbed, you didn't see anything (it was dark). At that point, they have you walking away from a crime if the camera angle is just "so" and now you are involved in a crime.

Even if they find you innocent, you still had to go to court at the very least and it could cost you money or your job.

You could also have them send the police out to ask you why you are out so late and why you hate the govt. as per your internet records (if you are not doing anything wrong...).

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

edit on 12-8-2012 by SFWatcher because: error in posting

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

People of religious faiths are suppose to act like their choice of higher power is watching them at all times anyway.

When you're out and about, you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway. If you do, well, expect to get caught out for it. Simple.

Totally disagree. Sorry. You missed the point. BIG difference between LIBERTY, FREEDOM, and getting caught doing something wrong.

I do nothing wrong -- but I have human rights. I shouldn't be surveilled. God watching over a person is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than the fallible eyes of a public institution watching over its citizens.

Good grief. . .

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Yeah . . .in my mind, even if you are a religious nut, how could you possibly confuse the "all seeing eye" of a government with God? Who's God is for oppression? Maybe I shouldn't ask.

But seriously, that is the exact type of mindset that sets civilization back, not just democracy. Sad.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Hey thank you for sharing the information I am not really suprised by the news, Tracking 300 million people is tricky so the more cameras and software their is the less people you need to "Help keep us safe". I tend to agree if your not doing anything wrong you shouldnt worry however with the leaps we have made in tech. I could definately see how someone could manipulate events to frame someone so you have to take the good with the bad and decide for yourself if its worth it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

"
People of religious faiths are suppose to act like their choice of higher power is watching them at all times anyway."

What an incredibly ignorant thing to say. You should have just went all the way and said that this is the fault of christians

GOD BLESS YOU

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

How does it keep people safe? It might deter a few people but all it can really do is witness, not stop crime.
It's just like the police. They're not there to protect regular citizens, they're here to do inventory after people get hurt or die.
Stop acting like they even care. It's blatently obvious at this point all they care about is their grip on power

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I have not decided if Trap wire is a good nor bad idea. I am having a look at the cryptome website

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:22 AM, JF wrote: > I'm not entirely sure how this is new so to speak, they've had this > capability for years from the 'trapwire' system (trapwire.com formerly > abraxas applications-- a subdivision of intelligence contractor > abraxas and staffed almost exclusively by ex-CIA, see page 137 of > 'spies for hire'). > > Per the stratfor email dump, the trapwire system contains > functionality like facial recognition and is installed at every HVT in > the continental US, in addition to Ottawa and Canada-- but confirmed > in LA, NYC, NJ, DC, Las Vegas, et cetera. It's essentially a system > setup to detect surveillance, so if you've ever taken a picture of > basically anything 'important' you probably flagged a 'suspicious > activity report' (SAR). It's logged to a central database and then > cross-site reports are disseminated. If you're familiar with the 'see > something say something' or 'iWatch' programs, that's the public > reporting component, but in the email dumps when explaining similar > systems they note repeatedly that trapwire has the capability to walk > the cat back you just need a few pictures of the persons. From the > emails, what's been enumerated specifically is NY/DC mass transit, > unspecified sections of LA, London Stock Exchange, Scotland Yard, #10 > Downing, the White House. From googling, we can find that NJ transit, > all army bases, the department of energy, the marines, et cetera are > as well. No idea if they got the contract, but they were apparently > trying to get it into the Nigerian presidential palace as well. >

cryptome.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
What gets me is that in the article it says wikileaks website and mirrors are ALL down by a Ddos attack at 10 GB per second!! The only entity with that much computing power is a government!

Namely the US government.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
What gets me is that in the article it says wikileaks website and mirrors are ALL down by a Ddos attack at 10 GB per second!! The only entity with that much computing power is a government!

Namely the US government.

?If that is true then what is the US government or any government who hushes the deception of its own miss-deeds.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join