It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hi guys I'm new here I've read posts on here for a while but I just got an account. My grandfather was a SR-71 blackbird pilot so I'm very interested in things having to do with the blackbird. If you have any questions just ask.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Collins10

Welcome aboard. Try to keep your hands, feet and sanity inside the ride.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Collins10

Welcome to ATS!
There are quite a few pilot fanatics on this site I have noticed over time! You will find someone with similar interests, no doubt!
Do you plan on following in your Grandfathers footsteps as a pilot? Or just an interest in what he did?
I hope you enjoy everything here! Military Projects is a great forum, if you like that genre! (Im sure you will find people with blackbird experience there)
Anyways, Welcome to ATS! Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy the site, as has been said, there are many here interested in aeronautics.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I absolutely love anything blackbird or jets really anything to do with flying. As for following in my grandfathers footsteps I would love to be a pilot it's been a lifelong dream but unfortunately I have hemophilia which means I have no factor 8 in my body this means my blood will not clot I have to get infused with factor 8 anytime I have any bleeding problems with this medical condition I will never be able to join the military but I can still enjoy anything and everything that flies as a hobby and I have my grandfather to tell me awesome SR-71 stories.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, Cues the music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome Collins10

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
From one Newbie to another, welcome...

new topics

top topics

join