It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pediatrician arrested after allegedly waterboarding 11-year-old daughter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Pediatrician arrested after allegedly waterboarding 11-year-old daughter

www.news.com.a u

Dr Melvin Morse, 58, who is a researcher in near-death experiences in children, was arrested along with his Pauline, 40, after their daughter alleged she had been waterboarded on four occassions between May 2009 and May 2011.

Dr Morse allegedly held his daughter's head under a running tap, forcing the water to go up her nose, for up to five minutes at a time as his wife watched on, the Daily Mail reports.

Waterboarding is a form of torture which involves pouring water over a victim's face, which is often covered with a cloth, to simulate the effect of drowning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I dont really know what to say about this . This man was released on bail after the first witnessed assault on his daughter , only to be re arrested after the young girl told the child advocates about being waterboarded. I cant imagine the fear this little girl would have lived in , having to be frightened of being "drowned" by her own parents. I would like to think that they got life in prison or worse but that just doesnt happen . The little girl and her 5 year old sister were taken into custody and hopefully the parents are banned from ever seeing or going anywhere near either of them ever again ...Thoughts ATS ?

www.news.com.a u
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well the gub-mint does it, and even the Messiah won't classify waterboarding as torture

so presumably conservatives will be outraged at this arrest, which clearly infringes a parent's rights to discipline their children (see 6.10) or even discipline their children (see "Building safer communities")
edit on 9-8-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Who is more stunning? The father? He was only interested in the science, I'm sure. Or the mother? Watching to make certain she was never in any danger, I'm sure.

Was it torture? Was it wrong? Is it possible the parents are somehow suffering from some sort of zombie/Chinese lantern/mental disease?

I'm sure a soap box is unnecessary for this particular thread, as many will be taking the the time to share the deep, well-founded fury.

So, lemme say, right here, that little critter, wherever she and her sister are, I hope they are both safer, and remain so for the rest of their long days.

Sweet dreams, angels. You deserve them.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
IMO the government should be treated the same way these parents are, they water-boarded innocents all the time, but its OK cuz its them. So hypocritical for the government to lock the parents up.

Nobody deserves torture, especially not innocent civilians or children.

edit on 10-8-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
please ignore any story that originates in UK papers such as the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Star etc... these are all tabloid (read - mostly made up sensational stories) papers and are NOT taken seriously in the UK by anyone normal (even some of their readers realise)

(if you still believe this story read on)

Go to your bathroom... now face away from your sink and bend backwards and try to fit the tap over your face in order to run water up your nose...if you succeed well done... stay there.
If you can not do this (ask a child to help!) then come back here a little more wiser about why you should NOT believe everything you read in the papers (or online)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyclown
please ignore any story that originates in UK papers such as the Daily Mail, The Sun, The Star etc... these are all tabloid (read - mostly made up sensational stories) papers and are NOT taken seriously in the UK by anyone normal (even some of their readers realise)

Go to your bathroom... now face away from your sink and bend backwards and try to fit the tap over your face in order to run water up your nose...if you succeed well done... stay there.
If you can not do this (ask a child to help!) then come back here a little more wiser about why you should NOT believe everything you read in the papers (or online)

They said a running tap , not the kitchen tap .Go stick your head under a garden tap outside, ive ran water up my nose accidentally when drinkin from a tap when i was younger,maybe it was a garden tap?? the witness reports seeing the father drag the girl across the driveway by her ankles so its not silly to presume it was an outside tap. east to shove someones head under it , especially a little girl

Next?.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

Originally posted by freakyclown

They said a running tap , not the kitchen tap .Go stick your head under a garden tap outside, ive ran water up my nose accidentally when drinkin from a tap when i was younger,maybe it was a garden tap?? the witness reports seeing the father drag the girl across the driveway by her ankles so its not silly to presume it was an outside tap. east to shove someones head under it , especially a little girl

Next?.

That may be true BUT you still missed the part where anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together ignores the hell out of the red tops over here in the uk.... I can honestly say I've 'read' (if it can be classified as such) The Sun possibly twice in my whole life and that was MANY years ago, and, even at a very young age recognised it for what it was... The only people I know that read these tabloids do so ironically or because they're # at crosswords but quite enjoy writing letters in little square boxes.... That or they're mentally challenged, beer swilling loudmouths that like to punch people's faces on a Saturday night and use the word '#' as just about every word in a sentence as in:

"# 's sake, I # ing # ed it right the # up Barry"

"ahhhhh.... # it... It'll be reit"
edit on 10-8-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join