It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alien Deception

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

When you say "Western Ceremonial Magician", do you mean like a stage magician, or something else?

Something else. As in a fairly "exotic" and extreme form of the Occult, No, it is nothing like what you think.

If ya still want to talk, good. I do have issues trying to talk with peolpe who have closed their inds because of my origins or philosophy, but, if you can get past that BS, very god.

edit on 10-8-2012 by AnthraAndromda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReallyNiceGuy
reply to post by MRSeeker

It's sad to read so much venom and attacks on Christians for expressing their beliefs.

It's sad to read so much venom and attacks by Christians for Muslims expressing their beliefs.

Yes. It is. It is not what we were called to do.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

If ya still want to talk, good. I do have issues trying to talk with peolpe who have closed their inds because of my origins or philosophy, but, if you can get past that BS, very god.

Is this alien language I mean you being an alien and all?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Not going to read thru ALL comments and replies and wonder if mine is among them...

In my opinion, you're limiting yourself by what the PTB have allowed to be published (from the Bible) and also by interpretations OF the bible and alleged "channeled" messages and also, limiting yourself by number/type of information you review.

You aren't the ONLY one blessed with Logic and does the fact that SO SO SO many others arrive at their opinionated "logical" opinion of the belief that ET"s are real and that some are possibly benevolent play any role?

No, you're a BIBLE THUMPER and so therefore, non-belivers aren't only WRONG but prosecutable? If not, why would you be here telling us "..any with brains." and "aliens are deceivers"? Because we dont believe as you do, you can call us idiots, ignorant, etc..?

It's also in his word, the Word you allegedly so rigidly follow, that you do not judge but treat your neighbor with kindness.

Maybe God intended Love and not his Word to be accepted into Mens' heart... or follow your interpretation as it's the ONLY possible CORRECT interpretation, right?

All in all, I'm saying, in my opinion, you're really denying yourself a LOT of truth by these strict/rigid beliefs...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ReallyNiceGuy

No ... it is english, typed on a keyboard with too much wolf fur under the keys.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I want to talk more :^) I don't mind if you have problems communicating with people. U2U me if you'd like to escape the madness of this thread. Either way, I certainly won't be returning to this thread. But I would love to hear more about your life. I like the avatar, specifically the canines. I once had a dog that was half wolf when I was fortunate to live in the mountains. I miss him..

To the OP of this thread... If all aliens and orbs of light are demonic in nature, then what about angels? Are they real and if so, do they also reveal themselves like the demons do? We already know, from your words, that you believe that all aliens and orbs of light are demonic... So, what are angels? Do all angels only ever appear as a normal human being that is beautiful and has wings?

I personally don't think I know such truths of our universe. But since you seem to believe that you do, I am curious about what you think about angels. Where do they fit in?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
The other is the facility the phenomenon has shown for manipulating public perception and creating new "belief systems."

You must be talking on theirs or your own behalf. Aren't you the one perpetuating that very thing, now? Because balls of light are 'ominous'? Balls of light are a historical phenomenon, and the word 'ominous' points at something in the future. Something that didn't happen, because we are the future. Yet it's the same talk again, and again and again. On and on people waste their lives being scared.

Personally, balls of light don't give me any reason too believe in anything, certainly not in that UFO-religious woo woo. It's just a product of the human faculty for making things up where the pieces don't fit. At least in science, you make arguments based on phenomena that can be replicated or observed in the real world again and again and again.

edit on 11-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo

edit on 11-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeeker
It's sad to read so much venom and attacks on Christians for expressing their beliefs.

Venomous attacks? For explaining that beliefs and reality are not the same? The OP basically said that anyone who didn't believe balls of lights were devils were fools.

There can be no greater deception than alien beings masquerading as our creators. We are simply being cautious.

No one but yourself is to blame if you think that balls of light have anything to do with 'the creator', ok? And what with 'cautious'? Whatever compelled you to go there in the first place, tying balls of light to anything, when you don't know? That's certainly not cautious.

One specific critique often put at organized religion is that it holds its believers in a grip of fear. I say that's a fair critique. Mind you, I'm raised Christian, but I wasn't fed the 'we're all gonna die tomorrow if you don't love Jesus, or anyway' stuff, that stuff is just meant to scare you into being devout.
To me, Jesus was about light, not all this fear mongering. Btw. cosmologists agree that the world is going to end (e.g. the sun will burn out), but that's of course not soon enough for the fear mongerors. People won't get scared enough.

Every single day someone thinks they see the sure sign that the world is coming to an end. Listen, pics, or it didn't happen: It didn't happen, ok. So relax, and enjoy life, guys.

It also seems to me that it is human folly to believe that what we are seeing in the sky now as alien can only be described in terms of a physical universe.

If you see them, they're in the physical world, no?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

These beings are real, whether people want to believe it or not is up to them

Should be the quote of the Aliens & UFO section!

Let's brush over the fact you were referring to made up sky pixies at the time...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

You're no better than anyone that believes in aliens, demons, ghosts, or any other cartoon character god.
reply to post by Druscilla

One of those is a scientific inevitability, the rest are born out of ignorance.

As is your clumping of "aliens" in that list.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer
At least in science, you make arguments based on phenomena that can be replicated or observed in the real world again and again and again.

But we can't replicate the things that are reported. It's beyond our capabilities. So to you, if it can't be replicated it doesn't exist? Someone should confiscate your science club card and your pocket protector.

But we have even bigger problems and we're still waiting for science to explain infinity, consciousness, and paradox...I won't hold my breath. Especially since those things suggest a world that has a spiritual component.

With your philosophy, or lack of one I should say, you wait for science to tell you what to believe and as a result believe many things that aren't true. How many times have we seen theories revised or scrapped?

So, and maybe you'd better sit down, you actually practice a "faith" too!

A faith with arms too short to box the three things mentioned above. Let alone relatively local space.

We do have a robot on mars...only eleventy-billion light years to go until science comes up with a conclusive answer on whether we are expanding or not.

Science, God bless it, is a self-professed bastard. It forgets it has a daddy and its daddy is philosophy. If humankind were capable of building a telescope--or microscope--powerful enough to peer into the true mystery of existence, that lucky scientist at the controls would find himself staring directly into the unblinking eye of God methinks.

You practice your faith and I'll practice mine. Many scientists, btw, do believe in God. You'll probably find some on the list below that have as impressive credentials as yourself, ahem.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Analysis:

OP Name: RealTruthSeeker

RealTruth: Based on the OP is one that has to do with religion, the truth of God, and the existence of God as described by the Bible and the existence of Satan as the evil opposite of God.

Real Truth: Definition:
www.thefreedictionary.com...

1. Conformity to fact or actuality.
2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
3. Sincerity; integrity.
4. Fidelity to an original or standard.

Religion and presented exactly as it is described in a book, understood literally, not questioned ever, not analyzed for its authenticity, its literal meaning never attempted to be explained rationally and besides the metaphoric style used. Religion taken from older texts (Sumerian) and claiming to be true.

Science: 0 %
Logic: 0 %
Proof: 0 %
Religious Propaganda: 100%
Brainwashing: 100%

Lost the ability to think: Yes

Now after all this, can I ask for a rule, all threads starting to talk about Deception which is not to explain that this is disinformation but is deception by Satan, The Devil or however else you want to call it to be:

• deleted
• moved to hoax forum for being a groundless lie
• moved to religious forum

Or do such posters have to be force removed?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Or do such posters have to be force removed?

Imtor, you are like the scrappy-doo of ATS.

And I'm like scooby-doo at the end of the clip. How do I get in the "force removed" line?

edit on 11-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
reply to post by ReallyNiceGuy

No ... it is english, typed on a keyboard with too much wolf fur under the keys.

Wolf fur.

To each [alien] his own...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Since I don't have other means on this site, by reporting such threads. Not scrappy doo, really a doer. Threads about Satan and demonic aliens and whatever crap first of all has been posted too many times and the rule to post in the same thread not start newer plus it has no place i this forum.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by The GUT

Since I don't have other means on this site, by reporting such threads. Not scrappy doo, really a doer.

Okay scrappy-"doer." We called that being a tattletale in grade school.

Threads about Satan and demonic aliens and whatever crap first of all has been posted too many times and the rule to post in the same thread not start newer plus it has no place i this forum.

It's another opinion on the "alien" issue. Everybody gots one, eh? And that's all any of 'em are: Opinions, and as such they are all just as valid as the next.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

A couple of years ago our family experienced diabolical assault. After assistance from our church we began to witnessing UAP during the day, unusual dreams with UAP and various alien beings. The experiences became frequent and unnerving for each and everyone of us. We did not experience some of the horrific stories that you read online, what we did experience was visions of the future world, a sense of knowing and knowledge of events to come. We also experienced the feeling that we had important work ahead of us that would have a positive impact on the world. Indeed 'UAP and aliens' are elusive and rather deceptive in their work.

It was not long that we realized that our experiences are not what they seem. Who else works in this way? Who else gives information about future events? Who else gives knowledge and a sense of being important? Who else are elusive and works under the radar?

As a family we came to the conclusion that the whole UAP and Aliens are just another trick of the devil/satan, to sway us. I am not a bible basher by no means - we do see through satans games - the alien deception. As a result we no longer see UAP or aliens in our daily lives or dreams.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

But we can't replicate the things that are reported. It's beyond our capabilities. So to you, if it can't be replicated it doesn't exist? Someone should confiscate your science club card and your pocket protector.

Oh, I'm in no doubt these things are real phenomena, but are they devils? Well, if you believe so.. The mind doesn't like not understanding everything, but we'll just have to live with that, unless we have jump to conclusions (e.g. beliefs).

But we have even bigger problems and we're still waiting for science to explain infinity, .

The only trouble with infinity is how to grasp it. What's there to explain? It's a problem of the human mind which is not used to dealing with infinity. Yet we deal with it everyday in cosmology and theoretical math. And in religion.

consciousness

Consciousness is explained by neuropsychology. Though I am not saying there is not a transcendant component to consciousness, that's another topic, an area of belief/spirituality. Existence (the root cause of the Universe) is fundamentally unexplained and unexplainable to science, and many scientists are spiritual people. Some things can't be explained or hardly understood.

paradox.

What about it? In my mind, paradoxes are psychological or ontological problems, I don't see why that's a scientific problem? Do you think we are perfect creations? What does philosophy tell us about that?
You seem to suggest that Jesus saves us from paradox. By allowing you to shout 'devil' at balls of light? Is that philosophy? No. That's religion.
Philosophically, I think that paradoxical experiences should be embraced, they are frequently points where opposing ideas converge, paradox is thought provoking. One of my favorite authors (Edward Abbey) deals greatly with both the issues of nature (bedrock) and paradox and transcendentalism (God/Nature) in the book Desert Solitaire, I greatly recommend it. www.amazon.com...

With your philosophy, or lack of one I should say, you wait for science to tell you what to believe and as a result believe many things that aren't true.

Not at all, you didn't read what I said, I said I don't jump to conclusions when I don't have the facts down. I'm trained in philosphy, where I learned to be diciplined when thinking and reaching for conclusions. I wrote a Masters thesis on a philosophical subject. It appears you're trained in Bible studies.

How many times have we seen theories revised or scrapped?

All the time! But you rarely see any kind of frivolous science going anywhere. No scientist is happier than when he or she can say 'Haha, you were wrong'. What about the Bible? The factual errors are not revised. Is that a more reliable source of information about the physical world?

So, and maybe you'd better sit down, you actually practice a "faith" too!

Ehh?

Science, God bless it, is a self-professed bastard. It forgets it has a daddy and its daddy is philosophy.

Lol, philosophy didn't fly us to the moon. Though it helped us to think logically preparing for it. Religion did not.

If humankind were capable of building a telescope--or microscope--powerful enough to peer into the true mystery of existence, that lucky scientist at the controls would find himself staring directly into the unblinking eye of God methinks.

I think many scientists would agree in one form or another. I know I do. But if you want a good scientist to back up your Bible stories, you're betting on the wrong horse. They can't do it. You should back out of science questions if you plan on thumping the Bible. You can't win.
And frankly, if people shout 'devil' because they see balls of light, I'm not sure who is the most spiritually awake of us, sorry mate. It's the same mechanism that male people burn witches on stakes. We've had enough of that.

You practice your faith and I'll practice mine.

Get off that horse if you want me to take you seriously, you have no idea about me, or my spiritual life.

Btw., the wiki list of 'Christian thinker' scientists, what was your point? What is it you want to prove?

edit on 12-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

Okay, I think I better understand where you're coming from now and you're growing on me.

What I meant by science being a 'self-professed bastard that had forgotten it's daddy' is that science, as I'm sure you know, was born from the philosophical schools of thought, although science has often since seemed to divorce itself from it's "parent."

I think they are each valuable components in the search for truth. I mostly refer to Aristotle and first cause metaphysics in this instance.

It was good to hear how openminded you are and I take no issue with any science-minded person who has an affinity to accept that the mysteries might have a spiritual component.

And since you mention the moon and we are talking about science and spirituality, I'll drop a couple of quotes from "Dr. Moon" himself:

My experiences with science led me to God. They challenge science to prove the existence of God. But must we really light a candle to see the sun? ~ Wernher von Braun

For me, the idea of a creation is not conceivable without invoking the necessity of design. One cannot be exposed to the law and order of the universe without concluding that there must be design and purpose behind it all. ~ Wernher von Braun

His professed Christianity didn't seem to hurt his career any, btw.

I do happen to believe there's a historical precedent that addresses the "balls of light" in a way that ties them to the preternatural, but I don't base all of my spiritual conclusions on that alone.

Having said all that, maybe you'll expand on what the "enlightenment" is and why I should join it?

edit on 12-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

reply to post by ScientificUAPer

Okay, I think I better understand where you're coming from now

Fair enough

Having said all that, maybe you'll expand on what the "enlightenment" is and why I should join it?

Sorry, I edited that out, it was just a phrase.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join