It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manic/Psycotic episode on ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Oh yes and dont forget to put people down, with: delusional, off their rocker, thats not traiditional warring controlling religions so you're new age, thats a common put down.

Just more immaturity.

And this thread, I don't know how bi polar works or manic depression, but I don't think ATS or searching for truth and paying attention leads to any breakdowns.

While I have a lot of empathy for everone, including the OP, I also reserve judgment and don't believe things automatically as we're in interesting times. And I can easily see threads like this popping up all over the place online.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

thats not traiditional warring controlling religions so you're new age

Again, you are putting words in people's mouths.

Woman, I'm nearly 30. Calling people out has nothing to do with maturity, it's an indication of intellect and conscientiousness in certain situations. I'm after the truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The key is balance and positive energy
the holy grail is Jesus in a way .. you can be like Jesus if you seek to be
or you can be just another evil antichrist that was tricked by lucifer
to become mindless, heartless and souless
you have freewill to choose what to be .. good or bad
deny the Creator or Love him with all your heart and soul
lightness or darkness .. there is only 1 true path .. all other path are deviantar with many signs
saying you are going off the path .. please come back
even if there is many dimensions and this life is just like the matrix
that doesnt mean you must ruin the test of life
everyone must embrace life has a gift and a chance to become great .. godlike beings
its better being proud of ourself then ashame for eternity .. after life or not
the risks of being ashame for eternity should not be underestimated in this life
edit on 8/9/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I couldn't help but laugh my ass off. You're nearly 30!

Still got the world by the tail.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaiii

Would it be better if I said I was nearly 60

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

You got a lot to teach to Realtruth, unity_99, blocula and the likes.

What made you think you were indigo? Because you felt you were alone and one of your kind, misunderstood? Or because of the boringness of your everyday life? Thats the two most probable possibilities i can think of.

Anyway good to see some people can put up a fight against madness.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I was eating worms and crying quietly to myself.

Best line of the story right there...

Perhaps you were simply protein deficient and it was affecting your mood and ability to think clearly...??

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have bi-polar ii which cycles faster and has less emphasis on pyschcotic episodes. 3 times when I may have had a psychotic episode not really sure 1)I was 17 and I was convinced that it was my destiny to kill the Antichrist (atheist who couldn't hurt a fly) 2) crossing busy highways without looking 'knowing' that cars wouldn't hit me 3) after reading ats, getting really freaked out that I had a sniper focused on me while walking to work - seems minor but had a pretty profound affect on me during and after. I had always been moderately skeptical with capability of believing the fantastic on occasion. Now I'm skeptical of everything, safest way to be and rarely wrong.

They have never lasted that long, like a day or so. My depressions don't normally last that long (though have had a couple biggish ones).

Can definitely tell when I am wigging out (or have the bpii confidence) I can't stop moving, talking, am highly personable, feel like I can jump anything, I talk faster. I enjoy it for the most part. Not so much when I am the opposite. Though mostly these days I am in between.

The keys I have found for maintaining balance are life stability (reduce triggers), a healthy sense of skepticism and having supportive people around.

I have less ups and downs these days - but I'm far from normal, as my work colleagues would attest to. I have also had to deal with a fairly severe anxiety disorder. 8-10 years ago I would be lucky to go a week without having an anxiety attack (something funny happens in my body and I get convinced I'm dying, tunnel vision, sweaty palms, upped heart beat). Called the Ambos on two occasions. Now Im lucky to have one once a year. Not sure if that once again it was the increased stability in my life that helped, or learning how to deal witth them when they are live (distract myself by reading or playing guitar not an instant cure but helps) or the fact that I have had so many but have never actually died, lol.

So make that 4 keys common sense, skepticism, support and stability.though I'm sure it's a lot harder for people who have it hard core.
edit on 9-8-2012 by izero because: Because I'm an idiot

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

There is nothing funny about what happened to this man.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by izero

I have bipolar II as well--far more depression than mania. I was diagnosed when I started to take Celexa (an SSRI) and began to rapidly cycle in and out of manic episodes. This was going on during 911 and the aftermath so of course it was extra crazy for everyone involved. I wasn't reading this site--I think I was mostly going to Rense, Globalresearch and Whatreallyhappened.

I don't think a site like this causes manic or psychotic episodes but if you have that going on a site like here or GLP can send you spiraling into some very unhealthy territory you may not have gotten to otherwise. Of course, you could probably say that for a lot of internet sites, not just paranormal/conspiracy sites.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neville
It's great to hear a story about someone suffering an episode such as yours and recovering. I'm sure your story will give hope to a lot of people out there who think admitting a mental illness means the end of their job, relationships and a lifetime doped up on medication.

It's really not the end of the world. I dont need any ongoing medication or therapy. I'm currently working a sales position in my home town, and most of the people who find out I had a break down are generally very supportive and sympathetic. Anyone of my friends who felt the need to gossip about it were quickly deleted from my life. A period of great cleansing.

In your post you mentioned you listened to binaural beats. Do you think this had any part to play in your breakdown? Did you experience anything similar?

I actually began watching these video's first from www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

Watch the following video with sound and follow all the instructions as best you can. This video uses Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and hypnosis to help program your mind for a lucid dream tonight.

Then I would fall asleep listening to certain frequencies of binaural beats. I have often wondered if this audio has the ability to initiate the brain into a new state. I felt quite strongly after my ordeal that these beats were dangerous and shouldnt be used without an understanding of what might happen.

In my paranoid state I thought that these beats were a conspiracy to mind control everybody. Unlocking the pineal was one that I watch fairly regularly in the days leading up to the vivid technicolour slow-mo part. The best part.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Many experience similar and unfortunately they too need a box or definition for what is experienced and when it cannot be found within themselves, because frankly they are underdeveloped, they are provided with an easy out take some meds and dismiss everything experienced with their definition; an illusion.

It's unfortunate how many have surrendered themselves but if it is what is needed to survive I wish them the best but would inform them they shouldn't fear the immensity of the garden.
edit on 9-8-2012 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

I'm not completely sure how I jumped on the indigo band wagon. A psycic/friend who was friends with my mother told me that I was a crystal child. And that I was the next wave after the indigo's. She said the indigo's were battlers who would knock down the walls of the previous generations, leaving the door wide open for crystals to heal the world. She said crystals are all waking up currently and are preparing to begin unity conciousness.

As I said in the op, I wouldn't have any defence against anything suggested to me. Cheers for the comment.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
You have an excellent memory and detailed account of what happened to you! I cannot even remember exactly what I did yesterday! I guess being bipolar heightens your memory. You made some interesting memories and will have many stories to tell due to your experiences! I hope you continue to feel better!
edit on 9-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

Some parts of the episode are clear as day, and other parts are faint like a dream in the morning. I have little to no recollection of the dates and times of any of my experiences. During my recovery I felt like I had lost a few months somewhere. I had to constanly ask my partner about dates for my resume.

But, the voices, the vivid part, the tingling sensation on the skin, all clear as day. Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack

From one Tasmanian to another, Well done, I spose Tassie's are not the type of people who generally speak about this kind of stuff or have the proper support and services available when needed so I can understand how hard it must have been.
I grew up in Westbury.

I travel to Westbury fairly often for work as a sales rep. Very true, Tasmania is a little behind everywhere else when it comes to hospital and mental care. There is an old lady named Carol who is still in Royal hobart hospital, she's from the same town Tesla was born in. She had some maps and stories about the town and his demise. I remember thinking she should be in an old peoples home, not sleeping next to unstable people, one of whom had attempted to slit his throat. She told me to take note of Julia Gillards thin lips, she said that thin lips are a sign of a reptillian.

So much stigma here surrounding mental health. I guess that might be why I turn to site's like this for support.
Thanks for posting fellow Tasmania'n.

(off topic, how crazy are the earthquake warnings on the news last night. And the 30m drop in sea level last week off the east coast, and the predictions from coombes. And the supposed haarp shaped clouds everywhere lately.)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
-
edit on 9-8-2012 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
OP, I truly deeply feel for you.. Having suffered through Alcoholism, Drug addiction, and mental illness through most of my life..

Things I don't feel comfortable discussing at this time, Maybe I am not as brave as you..Through most of my youth I disguised, and masked the little cracks, and slips with alcohol.. And many other substances.. Often times resorting to extreme isolation..

I lost many jobs, and many relationships over the years.. I have suffered from " apparent extreme anorexia" ( I am a male) Paranoia, depression, alcoholism, substance abuse, and the list go's on..

But in the end we all fight through it.. oue battles are what makes us.. Always keep your head up, Always move forward.. The best advice i ever received was this.. "The way out is through". You can find your own meaning in that..

But to me it simply means The way out is by discovering who you truly are.. And what makes YOU the person that you are, And discovering what you need to become the person YOU need to be..
edit on 9-8-2012 by TechVampyre because: gramma

edit on 9-8-2012 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastCard
Im sorry to hear what happened to you, and I am happy that you have recovered if that is the case.

However I have to say that my warning lights blinked big time when reading this article. It sounds like you were almost under influence of drugs and I find the whole story a little hard to believe, almost if it was fabricated.
I find it also strange that you were afraid of taking a shower because the fluoride water would kill you slowly.
The conspiracies I have ever heard about fluoride regards only when drinking it!

You want us to share our stories regarding mental illness, if its about our self or close family.
Personally unless I knew you in RL, I would never share any information like this because I know it can be used against me or my friends/family.
I will also warn other people about posting such information.
For them who post such information, I will only ask this: "Are you allowed by your family member or friend to share information about his/her mental health?"

Nothing personal against you sir, if this story really are valid.

Just because your mentally ill doesn't make you dangerous. Just because your dangerous doesn't make you mentally ill.

Doesn't matter. If the government decide that you should be locked up, you will be locked up, no matter how harmless you are.

I understand your skeptisism on the subject. I have no reason to lie or be untruthful regarding this situation. I did see on a story on the news yesterday about scientist now being able to tell if you have the abilility to lose it, simply from a blood test. It rang alarm bells in the sense that in the future one could be categorized as being a nut before you even lose it and yes, be locked up anyway.

On the topic of fluoride, a lot of people have reported skin allergies and dryness due to levels of fluoride in the water. Fluoride would actually absorb into the skin, as well as ingested.

answers.yahoo.com...

Can fluoride be absorbed through the skin inside the mouth?

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Fluoride is readily absorbed through the skin when showering, bathing, or swimming in a fluoridated swimming pool. (just like a nicotine patch). Your skin is the largest organ of the body. And yes, the fluoride in toothpaste, foods, water, and beverages can be absorbed through the tissues of the mouth and from under the tongue. (just like nitroglycerin tablets or sub-lingual vitamin B-12). According to the Physican's Desk Reference, the mucosal lining inside the mouth has an absorption efficiency of over ninety percent. Because of this, fluoride and other carcinogens can get into your blood, your brain, and your cells in no time at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sorry wasnt being obtuse last night..Was on a mission to get my experiance out neither wanted or expected sympathy as it was all self induced............................................................................................................................................... ...................When I saw the complaints of my wall of text did try to go back an break it in easier paragraphs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Unfourtunately to much time had past an wouldnt let me reconfigure the text,,,,,,,,....So once again I thank you op for being so honest,,,S an Flag for your brave revelations ,,,,,,,,And to anyone I offened sorry as this was never my intention,,,,,,An to the poster whom found me deeply unpleasant i agree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In those days I was a self centred deeply unpleasant person,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am no longer that junkie shadow of a man ...................................................................................................................................................... ........................................................................Im a well rounded member of my family both bio family an extended an they love me an ditto I love them ,,,,An I also care for all liveing things animal mineral or vegitable ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Applaud your tenacity op....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join