It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Uhh, what?

Not too concerned with well thought out rebuttals, i see.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Not too concerned with well thought out rebuttals, i see.

Possibly, but not where there isn't a need for one. I like to keep it simple as well as any chap I suppose.

Wert
Such hate and bigotry and negativity. So recognizable. Good luck with that.
edit on 7-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
All I have to say is from a man who claimed his band was, more popular than Jesus Christ

If you are comfortable believing what you do, good for you.

Is the point of your thread to throw some guilt towards the masses, because you know, once you're dead we will have no confirmation or your "seeing God."

It's all a personal perspective of belief. With no confirming confirmation. Yayyyyyyy, now we all know where you stand on religion.

Unfortunately, the prize you seek for doing so, is all yours.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
All I have to say is from a man who claimed his band was, more popular than Jesus Christ

If you are comfortable believing what you do, good for you.

Is the point of your thread to throw some guilt towards the masses, because you know, once you're dead we will have no confirmation or your "seeing God."

It's all a personal perspective of belief. With no confirming confirmation. Yayyyyyyy, now we all know where you stand on religion.

edit to add: ooops, double post, but good video anyway.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
You will not see god. Your ignorant beliefs will dislove along with your brain when you die.

After your gone the world will move on and as religion decays society as a whole will become alot less idiotic.

Well said!

I give a $1 each day to god..... so I see him everyday, he sits outside the train station and he smells a bit, but he is more real than the one portraid in all those confused and open ended stories from 2000 years ago.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i just gotta say my problem with religion is the fact that you believe something that you cant see or hear , i personally think god and jesus christ are in the same boat as santa claus and the tooth fairy... but i do believe in a higher power , just not the fact that theres a man in the sky watching over us, but hey there is a very good chance that im wrong ... im only human right?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

Seeing God will be a prize for some and quite a surprise for others who just can't fathom the reality of only one truth.

BTW John was wrong and a complete ass to say such a thing. Even McCartney wanted to stick a sock in his mouth or sock him in the mouth. I can't quite tell which.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Sulie

Seeing God will be a prize for some and quite a surprise for others who just can't fathom the reality of only one truth.

What is true for you may not be for others. Intolerance of people who believe differently that you will earn you a ticket to the head of the line?

Some work comes along with being absolved of your sins by a guy who died on a cross. It's called compassion for your fellow human beings and whatever they believe in, too!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

If you were only half of what you preach you wouldn't be here trying to console yourself. But I do have compassion.
So I persist that there will be only one truth for all to experience accordingly. For instance at the end of Super Bowl 4 there was only one truth. The underdog Kansas City chiefs had defeated the favored Minnesota Vikings by a score of 23-7 and the Chiefs were World Champions. That is one undeniable truth at the end of that season. And so that is a law which need not be written where common sense prevails.

I mean really. You can't argue this stuff.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hi RandyVS
Hey tell him I said Hi
and thanks for letting me stay here and ride it out

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Sulie

If you were only half of what you preach you wouldn't be here trying to console yourself. But I do have compassion.
So I persist that there will be only one truth for all to experience accordingly. For instance at the end of Super Bowl 4 there was only one truth. The underdog Kansas City chiefs had defeated the favored Minnesota Vikings by a score of 23-7 and the Chiefs were World Champions. That is one undeniable truth at the end of that season. And so that is a law which need not be written where common sense prevails.

I mean really. You can't argue this stuff.

Well, just so you know, I am inconsolable, because I don't need any consoling. I am Christian by the way. My mission is to let people know what they are missing out on with subtleties that will get them thinking and not to have them crap in their pants out of fear for not believing what I do.

It's all good. Those that know the truth, know it. Be subtle in your approach, lest you lose people along the way. Which makes your entire point, mute.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Drummer

You'll have to tell him yourself my good man. I knowing myself all to well, will be awe struck with jaw gaping. You'll be there.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If God is love then why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
And santa and the easter bunny and bart simpson are going to see you veerrry soon!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

Shhh my mission is the hardliners. And subtleties won't suffice here as I'm sure you know. However I do agree with your main point as applys to said mission.

Lets try to stay on topic people. That being the power of positive thinking that can manifest in your life through positive statements such as the title of this thread.

I am going to see God.

Maybe the correlation is vague. Take the word Universe. Uni is one. Verse meaning word. God spoke the universe
into existence and this fact is now embedded even in our language. What else would God be besides a being who could positively speak and make things happen ?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well thats fine,
I will be a bit late tho,, I like fireworks
I know hes cool wit that

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by randyvs

Well thats fine,
I will be a bit late tho,, I like fireworks
I know hes cool wit that

I'm sure he is. I may be late myself Drummer.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

On the flip side of this negative view ( disbelief in a here after ) these same people either fail to realize

Something Christians often fail to realize is that just because someone is anti-Christianity does not automatically mean that person doesn't believe in a Creator nor an afterlife.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Perhaps they fail to realize this because they realize the truth of the above post. It's easy to spot. The one with the football game.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It requires neither death, nor being a Christian, to see God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join