It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly Image in Television

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

My girlfriend and I were talking last night and she was telling about all these big foot sightings and paranormal activity that happened a lot in an area called Bridgewater Triangle. She began to tell me about a family photo that her Dad is in that was taken a while back that had a ghostly image on the TV which appears to be a face that no one noticed when the photo was taken. So at first I didn't believe her and she insisted it exists and its on the internet. Sure enough by a google search she found it.

Her father is the man in the white shirt on the bottom of the photo. After seeing this, needless to say I believe her and all the big foot stories she told me.

If you want to read the full background of the story visit the link provided below.

Debunkers and skeptics are welcome, I look forward to your explanatations.

www.cellarwalls.com...
edit on 7-8-2012 by 5thousandfathomsdeep because: adding details

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hey interesting story and post.

I am sure others will be able to do a more thoroughly exaimination of the photo, but what my attention was drawn to instantly was the ceiling light and the coloration matching the image on the screen.

Other then that i have no conclusions.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yes you're certainly right about the ceiling light matching the color on the tv. I do remember her saying that in the original you can see it much more clearly. It seems as if what looks like the black hair around the face is a bit blurry. I'll see if I can get my hands on the original.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If this is the Bridgewater triangle in MA you are referring to Link.

I use to Live in the area.. a lot of the supposed ghosts, ufo sightings, strange noises can all be summed up by swamp gas.. The low flying helicopters are rangers and local police searching the woods.. (not black ops choppers looking for aliens)

I use to be curious as a kid I explored the hell out of the area.. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of strange occurrences that I can not simply explain..

But for the most part the "satanic rituals" and such are teenagers trying to get a good scare.. telling stories around a camp fire..

As for the photo, It is clearly a reflection of the light.

edit on 7-8-2012 by TechVampyre because: gramma

edit on 7-8-2012 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Thanks for the info TechVampyre, I appreciate the feedback although I don't see how the light could be reflecting off the screen at that angle.. I never knew about all the satanic rituals and what not since I've haven't had time to research.
edit on 7-8-2012 by 5thousandfathomsdeep because: edit

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thousandfathomsdeep

I assume the tv was not on? so what lights were there to cause any possible reflection?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

the tv was not on, there would be a green light in the upper right corner of the tv to indicate power on. and a previous post suggested that the image is created by the light on the ceiling.
edit on 7-8-2012 by 5thousandfathomsdeep because: mispelling

edit on 7-8-2012 by 5thousandfathomsdeep because: to add

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I zoomed in as best I could without distorting it too much and applied some light enhancements. What it looks like to me is a reflection of another room. Was there an opening to another room that might have reflected in the tv?

edit: I just noticed that the long dark blotch on the right side of the "face" might be someone sitting or standing.

edit on 7-8-2012 by N3k9Ni because: eta

edit on 7-8-2012 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Yeah, I zoomed in also and I see what appears to be two people. The one in the front appears to be a 9 or 10 year old girl and then to the right is what appears to be another person farther back. It doesn't look like a reflection to me though at this time. I will have to study it a little more to decide.

Good pic. Thanks OP

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thousandfathomsdeep

I'm pretty sure its just reflection, maybe a lamp?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's Greg Brady. Mystery solved.

Seriously though, I'm going with it being a reflection of the light on the ceiling.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yea right the TV is probably on.... Or they turned it off and as it fades off they took the picture, thats y the lights not on.. lameeeeeeeeee

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Reflection...but I'd put my money on the flash of the camera. At the angle the photographer would have taken the picture it seems conducive to the shape it would/could have made in the rounded screen of the TV that was off...which would seemingly absorb more of the flash vs. say pure glass or a mirror.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the input, it does look to me as if there are more than one figure in the photo now that ou zoomed in. Unfortunately I have never been to this house for I live in Pennsylvania and this was shot in the Boston area. I can ask my girlfriends father the layout of the house and put the lamp reflections/other room reflection/people in the other room theory to test

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
At first I thought the tv was actually on but if you say that you're sure the tv was off then it is a reflection of the ceiling light ... but thanks for sharing it's a very good example of how we can see something in nothing and why it's important to really study photographs with potential paranormal content.

Woody

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Like others have said, most likely the ceiling light. Nothing too odd about it really.

top topics

join