It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Central Banks On Red Alert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Holding Fire—for Now—but Laying Plans

Central Bankers Feel Political Pressure as They Seek Solutions to Slow U.S. Growth, Europe's Debt Crisis

Ben Bernanke and Mario Draghi, with words but not yet actions, demonstrated this week that they are on red alert about the global economy.

Expectations are now high that Mr. Bernanke's Federal Reserve and Mr. Draghi's European Central Bank will act soon to address those worries. But both face immense tactical and political challenges and neither has a handbook to follow.

online.wsj.com...

Personally, I don't think there is a thing they can do about the financial collapse. The FED has interest rates at 0%, most Central Banks have interest rates near that - doesn't do anything except make people take on more debt. So what can they do - print more money...which destroys the value of their currency.

Also, the more they print, the less effective it becomes....not to mention eventually they are going to have to raise those interest rates, people won't keep on buying those bonds in which they make almost nothing on.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
To be fair, economists have been making all kinds of threats, warnings, red alerts, etc. for like three years now. They have been crying wolf so many times I can't be assed to pay attention these days.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i thought a free market is just that, free.

why is it being manipulated to this extent.

if there was no organized interference, all the mistakes would have already been weeded out thru trial and error over the last 200+ years.

instead the mistakes aren't being allowed to be played out, but are being propped up and fed with half measures by imbeciles who have been indoctrinated with colonial economic theories that are over 100 years old.

edit on 3-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
To be fair, economists have been making all kinds of threats, warnings, red alerts, etc. for like three years now. They have been crying wolf so many times I can't be assed to pay attention these days.

Huh? If you're not paying attention anymore then what are you doing in this forum and posting? Oh! Paying attention, of course. Silly me.

Now regarding the OP, yep Central Banks are exhausting their policies and its effectiveness and they KNOW IT. They want governments to start doing more their part as well. Either way, they have little ammunition left to save the collapse as mentioned above.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I'd rather try to protect myself from economic collapse and not need to than not to protect myself and have the # hit the fan.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

They're not crying wolf, the collapse is happening right now, it's just that it isn't happening in the way that people like you are expecting it to.
This is a slow, gradual global collapse stretched out by central bankers trying to keep their heads above water by constant money printing.
The problem is the longer they hold off the inevitable the worse the collapse will be later on.
Many people have been feeling the collapse for a few years, and many won't feel it at all for a long time due to their financial situation.
Just because you don't see panic in the streets when you look out your window doesn't mean everything is fine.
I do however think that once the economy reaches a certain point, there will be an acceleration at an alarming rate as measures to keep the economy afloat becomes less and less effective.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I agree, we should have seen the global markets and banking system completely implode several times by now, and there are new schemes designed to postpone it every time.

This will happen again and again, and every time they will find a way to pump money into the system to "stabilize" it or get them over the hump, or they'll change the goalposts again, or change some laws...

This is a controlled demolition of the entire system. It's now designed to be slowed, not allowed to crash, with the wealthy elites in the middle of the game still pulling the strings and gaining profits as every $ is sucked out of our economies all over the world.

Politicians know what is happening. They are being held to ransom. Bankers and the wealthy elite are using the fear of social collapse as a weapon against them, and they're not exactly fighting it because they're making their money too.

Bankers and the global wealthy elite are threatening governments with massive unrest, the politicians all have their own personal financial interests and are making a nice pot of money from this too. They are allowing the biggest cartel in history to continue to leech off of the rest of society until there is nothing left.

Governments are powerless to stop this level of greed. All they care about is getting theirs, and making sure they are not lynched in the process.

Nothing will change until the people have finally had enough and force change themselves. That could either be through peaceful revolution or violent overthrow. I fear it will be the latter because our governments are actually no different to Assad when it comes to these things.

In America, the UK and Europe they are already likening protesters to "terrorists". What does that tell you about the mentality of government against ANY form of organized protest? If you have a political opinion against your government and the will to protest on the streets they will see you as a threat and treat you as such.

Like I said though, it remains to be seen when that will actually happen. Things are increasing with protests all over the world. It's only a matter of time before some cop fires a real bullet.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24

I like Max, but that was so far OTT I don't know what to say.

I agree with the first part of his analogy, but he looses the plot and any credibility too when he starts calling people pedo's.

These ARE completely different crimes. And, if I were Timmy right now, I would be filing something against Max for stating what he's stated in this video.

My opinion of Max has just sunk to the bottom after seeing that. The guy's a freakin' idiot asking to be sued.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Maybe you should listen to former FBI officer Ted Gunderson.A lot of elites are pedos and are into child sacrifice.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by XeroOne

Hello Sheep !!! Say Baaahhhh!!!!

Oh, another 'truther' calling someone who disagrees a 'sheep'! How original! Did the 'truther movement' program you to say that? Did it occur to you that the threats come from the same kind of people who say 'Give us another bailout, or the economy goes under' and 'Do as we say, or we'll leave the country.'? It's BS, because the large firms and the bankers have offshored trillions of dollars over the years. The money still exists, and they're blackmailing the politicians for more.
Now, if you were capable of independent thought, you'd probably ask yourself who's making the threats, why, and where has the money gone? This is why I'm not buying into those threats.

In America, the UK and Europe they are already likening protesters to "terrorists". What does that tell you about the mentality of government against ANY form of organized protest? If you have a political opinion against your government and the will to protest on the streets they will see you as a threat and treat you as such.

Which would mean TPTB are in the sh!t, not us, and they're scared.
edit on 4-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Is it possible it could be as simple as the Feds deal with US comes to renegotiation. We all think the Fed wants to leave its fangs firmly grasped on to the jugular. The joke is they are just gonna dip. Take the trillions and bounce. So maybe that's why there is no money to be had.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by BABYBULL24

I like Max, but that was so far OTT I don't know what to say.

I agree with the first part of his analogy, but he looses the plot and any credibility too when he starts calling people pedo's.

These ARE completely different crimes. And, if I were Timmy right now, I would be filing something against Max for stating what he's stated in this video.

My opinion of Max has just sunk to the bottom after seeing that. The guy's a freakin' idiot asking to be sued.

What the f*ck are you on about? Listen to the analogy again please, he makes a valid comparison to a pedophile who wouldn't be charged with the crimes he committed. True, in the end he says "serial kiddy rapists" but I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to poor Timmy as a pedophile in any literal way.

Anyway, make of it what you want, but I think you should listen to that last part again

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Expectations are now high that Mr. Bernanke's Federal Reserve and Mr. Draghi's European Central Bank will act soon to address those worries. So what can they do - print more money...which destroys the value of their currency.

Also, the more they print, the less effective it becomes....not to mention eventually they are going to have to raise those interest rates, people won't keep on buying those bonds in which they make almost nothing on.

the ECB & the USAFed
will both start a QE3... likely in September '12 so they can paper over the respective economies prior to the November election after which an Øbama =Bernanke deal will covertly buy up all the USA and some 40% of the ECB's new debt instruments.

bond or Treasury prices will not move up until 2014 at the earliest...the 'people' are not buying the bonds or Treasuries now...only the Feds. 'market maker' & 'TBTF' banks are participating in purchasing these debt instruments by being cooerced by the Fed itself

when the Feds' way bloated balance sheet
and the ECB sovereignty Bonds (created against the rules) all start collapsing...possibly by mid 2014...
then Rates might increase but so too will the road to hyper-inflation be given the green-light to roar down the 1/4 mile finish line....

some $2 Trillion in bonds/notes/Treasuries held on the Fed balance sheet already would literaly strangle the GDP even at a 1%-1 1/2% interest rate...not just for a year or so ---but for eternity !

Bankers Win is the name of this game
edit on 4-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What goes up must come down.
Enjoy the ride until the trend turns.
Fortune favors the prepared mind.
I love a trending market, doesnt care up or down as long I'm on the right side.

Let us mourn together, for fate crushes the brave.

Err sorry, got carried away with trading the euro and dollar.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

MAX is spot on. We should be repulsed by these bankers to the extent that we are to pedophiles. These people cause billions to suffer while they sit on top of the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

edit on 4-8-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join