It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA is tied with CHINA on GOLD medals....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
For now anyways.

So, who was it on here that said China keeps beating the US with Gold Medals? But, US supersedes with Medals?

Looking at the other countries talk about slacking.

My goodness, from the looks of it, might as well just have US and China fight it out.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
But China have more silvers, it should fall back to silver medals which means china is still winning.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
First Ive seen of the standings, and looks like there aren't many doing much standing
more like sleeping, did a few teams take a nap and forget to set a wake up call?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I've always wondered how is it the USA can dominate the Olympics every year when it's the country with the worst obesity epidemic and worst health...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I've always wondered how is it the USA can dominate the Olympics every year when it's the country with the worst obesity epidemic and worst health...

So funny, but you are so right.

link   
Does it really matter?

Would the US start a war with China if they do beat you in the medal count?

Mickierocksman

link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
First Ive seen of the standings, and looks like there aren't many doing much standing
more like sleeping, did a few teams take a nap and forget to set a wake up call?

I think it's more about hangovers if anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Am I the only one that finds that list sad? I mean are there just A LOT of events that other nations aren't participating in or are the Chinese and American teams just the best in the world by..WOW...that much??

No offense other nations.. but

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

Thank goodness we don't all share the dream of transforming our body into a real life hut. And sports are good for poor people, you don't have to buy games all the time like these supposed poor people with 2 tvs and xbox.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Some nations don't or can't afford to send as many athletes so it comes as no real surprise they have fewer medals.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just curious why the Olympics are in Great Britain when they are sure way down the list line? So much for home team advantage.
US and China seem to be spanking them.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Okay, so it actually IS a difference in total medals various nations ever get a shot at. Okay. That makes it all balanced a lot more I'd imagine. It looked so lopsided.

That would be right for China running in every event and the U.S. making a basic industry out out it.

* I sincerely appreciate the info. As much as I think the Olympics are important, they aren't my interest and I don't follow them outside the open and close. Those are always worth watching. Good job on that Open, again.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Am I the only one that finds that list sad? I mean are there just A LOT of events that other nations aren't participating in or are the Chinese and American teams just the best in the world by..WOW...that much??

No offense other nations.. but

It’s about the amount of money spent and the amount of people you have.

Australia in 2000 (when we hosted) were the greatest sporting nation on earth, we had ‘per capita’ (14M) more gold and more world records than any other nation…..

Because we spent the money to make them, after 2000, budgets were cut and all the coaches got better jobs overseas.

You can’t win medals unless you spend the money to get them; it’s obvious that most nations are not doing that anymore.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
if anybody doubts we are in an unannounced cold war with china, remember when it was the u.s.a. battling the soviets for gold medals in the 80's.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

We are 5th in the League. We are about the size of one American state yet consistently punch above our weight on the sporting and political stage. Our cyclists are the best in the world without a doubt.

I also found it Ironic that the American team failed to make the clay pigeon shoot. Won by a Brit. I thought you guys were the sharpest shooters on the globe.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
its nothing but rabid nationalist fervour coming into play, its kinda sad to watch actually.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

To the athletes, it's the high point of their entire lives, compressed to just one day or one night.

That's impressive in most cases. Half empty, Half full I suppose.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Brad-H

To the athletes, it's the high point of their entire lives, compressed to just one day or one night.

That's impressive in most cases. Half empty, Half full I suppose.

It is amazing how quickly the games can be over for some athletes. A Judo match can be over within the 1st minute.

Imagine training all your life for that one moment only to be defeated by an Ipon in the first minute.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I also found it Ironic that the American team failed to make the clay pigeon shoot. Won by a Brit. I thought you guys were the sharpest shooters on the globe.

The shotguns they use are not semi- auto or pump action which is why the USA sucks. ROFL

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

We are 5th in the League. We are about the size of one American state yet consistently punch above our weight on the sporting and political stage. Our cyclists are the best in the world without a doubt.

Vincent Hancock of U.S. wins 2nd straight men's skeet gold medal

Hancock's win gave the U.S. a skeet sweep after Kimberly Rhode won the women's competition earlier this week.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join