It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-Fil-A, Standing Up Against a Liberal Agenda

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Let's take a good, long, hard look at that link you provided with the clear intent to defame the National Christian Foundation:

But you probably haven’t heard about this: according to researcher Bruce Wilson and IRS 990 forms, Invisible Children receives major funding from far-right, anti-gay fundamentalist donors and organizations, chief among them the U.S.-based National Christian Foundation (NCF). The NCF has also provided significant funds to fanatical groups deeply tied to the persecution of LGBT people in Uganda, including that nation’s infamous “Kill the Gays” bill.

Now let's take a hard look at Bruce Wilson's blog cited by the blog you linked that claims the NCF provided significant funds to "fanatical groups deeply tied to the persecution of LGBT people in Uganda". How does Wilson make this link?

What does IC have in common with the ministry of California evangelist Ed Silvoso, who works directly with leading Ugandan author and promoter of the Anti Homosexuality Bill (also called the "kill the gays bill") Julius Oyet -- who claims that "even animals are wiser than homosexuals"?

The answer? -- all of these ministries - the Discovery Institute, Focus on the Family, the Family Research Council, The Fellowship Foundation, The Call, Ed Silvoso's Harvest Evangelism, and Invisible Children - received at least $100,000 in 2008 from what has emerged in the last decade as the biggest funder of the hard, antigay, creationist Christian right: the National Christian Foundation.

This is how Wilson makes the link, by way of a donation made to certain charitable foundations. Hell, Wilson would have made a quicker link if he had simply pointed out that David Bahati (The actual Parliament member who submitted this "kill the gays" bill) is linked with The Fellowship of which it appears the NCF donated money to, but instead Wilson points to Ed Silvoso to link him to Julius Oyet (who is a Christian preacher in Uganda), and links that to the NCF.

Attempting to make these links, however, independent of the extremist gay blogs is rather daunting. Google "National Christian Foundation Uganda "kill the gay bill" and the first site that comes up is Towleroad that bills itself as "a site with homosexual tendencies". The next site that comes up is your very own Truth Wins Out whose mission statement is to:

TWO monitors anti-LGBT organizations, documents their lies and exposes their leaders as charlatans. TWO specializes in turning information into action by organizing, advocating and fighting for LGBT equality. TWO’s goal is to create a world where LGBT individuals can live openly, honestly and true to themselves.

The next link provided by Google is actually the exact same article by TWO only titled differently. The link following that is yet another TWO article that has nothing at all to do with the NCF, the link after that is yet another TWO blog, and finally we find a link that is different in that it is AlterNet posting the same claims, and lo and behold it is posted by none other than "researcher" Bruce Wilson. The link following the AlterNet link to Scallywag and Vagabond and is an article about Jason Russell (the director of the Kony video at the center of all this) and this article seems more intent on "outing" Russell as a latent homosexual than anything else, but the oft' parroted (from openly gay sites) accusations made about the NCF are parroted here as well. The next link is The Advocate, yet another openly gay site parroting the same thing all the other gay sites are claiming. That last two links are Tumblr blogs parroting the Equality Matters link you provided earlier.

Outside of the radicalized gay community who else is reporting this? Why are the same sources being parroted ad nauseum? Are there no independent sources?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Delicious food... and met a new shooting buddy who was wearing a Molon Labe hat!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If god created everything.
Then by the same notion, god also created homosexuality.
Therefore it was given to the human race for a reason. Just like everything.

It should not be a government issue either, its a religious one.
If a church wants to let gays marry, then do it.
If some dont. Then don't.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Did they say they won't serve gay people?Do they not let gay people in their place of business?

Believing something does not count as discriminatory. Everybody has different beliefs and it's fine to express them when asked.

I say it is discriminatory when you tell people they can't believe what they want to just because it clashes with what YOU believe is right.

If anyone is getting discriminated against it's the business owner.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
All the right wing Christian hate, for 2 people who love each other and would like to marry, based on a few lines from a fable written at least 100 years after Jeebus died. The bible is the flawed word of man, not God's. Ask yourself, would Jesus have shown up at the Chik-Fil-A appreciation day today?
Nope. Also, if marriage between 1 man & 1 woman is sooooo important, why isn't it in the 10 Commandments?
Also, why is a country with a constitution that clearly separates Church and State basing the qualifications for marriage on a religious book? As far as the sanctity of marriage BS... What's the divorce rate? Around 50%. What percentage of these marriages involve one partner banging someone else? 50-60%. As far as I'm concerned Gay couples have as much of a right to get married & enjoy the same benefits, including regretting getting married and being miserable, as much straight couples.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Great post, I wish there were Chick-Fil stores in my area. But this is really sad, just because the owner voiced an opinion you get these thugs trying to shut him down.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
reply to post by jtap66

If anyone is getting discriminated against it's the business owner.

is a same sex marriage supporting company sending money to fund hate groups who are violent against christian business owners? last time i checked im pretty sure thats not happening.

edit on 1-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If Chick-Fil-A is so pro-family then why do they pay their employees sub-poverty wages and ensure that any of their employees must have additional employment and spend less time with their family?

Christians are such hypocrites. If they really cared about what christ said this "christian" nation would have no poverty.

Somebody remind me what John the Baptist said in Luke 3:11 about what to do in the instance that you find yourself in possession of two tunics.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

is a same sex marriage supporting company sending money to fund hate groups who are violent against christian business owners? last time i checked im pretty sure thats not happening.

Let's use Bruce Wilson's method of "research" and see what we come up with:

Muslim Groups, Hispanic advocates, gays aim to shut down Maryland conservative conference

Gays and Muslims?

Islam and Homosexuality

Homosexuals are not Muslim approved.

All homosexuals should be stoned to death, says Muslim preacher of hate

This message was brought to you by The Bruce Wilson School of "Research".

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What everyone that's pro-Chik-fil-A in this debate seem to miss is that this is not about what the owner does or doesn't believe in. He has a right to believe in whatever he wants. And yes it IS a private business and Cathy has a right to invest in whatever he wants with his profits. Once the money leaves my hands and I have product then the money is his to do as he pleases.

However if those profits are supporting bigoted hate groups (which they are) then I as a customer have a right to choose not to spend my money there knowing that my purchase will contribute to a bottom line that's used to support a cause I don't believe in. Cathy can do whatever he likes with his profits, I just won't be helping him do it. That is the very heart of what this boycott is all about.
edit on 8/1/2012 by Terrormaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Oh man, equal civil rights for all is such a horrible agenda

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

do you prefer the "homophobic bigotry cloaked under freedom of speech" agenda?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
lol nothing these days can be discussed with out it being broken down into a liberal or conservative agenda can it?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini
lol nothing these days can be discussed with out it being broken down into a liberal or conservative agenda can it?

no joke. considering most people on earth are addicted and clouded by linear, binary-ism. i guess not.

RISE OF THE RHIZOMES!!!

edit on 2-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
Reducing a segment of the human population to second-class citizens isn't one of my core values.

But hey, go ahead and celebrate discrimination. It's your right.

Gays have equal rights, you're making stuff up and living in your own reality of lies.

Originally posted by jtap66
reply to post by drwizardphd

I too support their right to run their mouths and their business however they see fit.

I vote with my wallet and stay away.

The president was asked a question during an interview. He wasn't "running his mouth". Lots of lies flying around huh?
edit on 2-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

They're against same sex marriages, not gay people. Do you have evidence that they turn gay people away or wont allow them in the store? So many of you are supporting that blackpeoplemeet.com because "they allow everyone on the site". Yet, in this instance you're all shying away from that line of logic. Why?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
They're against same sex marriages, not gay people.

Do you have evidence that they turn gay people away or wont allow them in the store? So many of you are supporting that blackpeoplemeet.com because "they allow everyone on the site". Yet, in this instance you're all shying away from that line of logic. Why?

never heard of blackpeoplemeet.com till now.

linky
edit on 2-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I personally think chick fil a is gross and dont eat there, however when I have been there in the past on Sunday to grab the kids a quick bite to eat.... They are closed.

Business is just that... Business. Open on Sundays is business, however they run their business unlike other businesses.

Their religion runs their business and thats their right, however I dont have to eat there. :-)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
It is not often that a company chooses 'core-values' over profits. Chick-Fil-A is one such company. In a time where companies will do anything and everything to grab as much money as possible, Chick-Fil-A chooses to close it's doors on Sundays, which they feel should be observed as a holy day of rest. To me, this is very, very refreshing.

Recently, Dan Cathy, the company's COO, made some comments during an interview with the Baptist Press concerning his beliefs on gay marraige. Cathy said, "We are very much supportive of the family-the biblical definition of the family unit, we are a family-owned business, a family-led business. and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

In choosing to exercise his right to free speech, Cathy has found himself , along with his company in a heated controversy. In this day and age, Cathy's opinions are considered bigoted, hateful, backwards, and primitive.

Mr. Cathy, I salute you.

You once again stood up for what YOU felt was right knowing that it would land you and your company in hot water publicly.

Liberal agendas are constantly being forced down our throat and we are constantly being beaten over the head with them. He wasn't being hateful, he was stating his opinion, and doing so at the risk of his company's well-being. We know what happens when a company is perceived to be an enemy to the social equality movement of the gay community. The media organizes into an army and attempts to maim and destroy.

I happen to work in a shopping center adjacent to a Chick-Fil-A location. This morning driving into work I noticed lines 50 yards long stretching out of Chick-Fil-A's main entrance. Also, cars were stretched halfway down the block and there were dozens of people outside in the parking lot. Living in Tulsa, where there is a above average population of gay people, I just knew that all the people must have been involved in a protest against Dan Cathy's stance. I was pleasantly surprised when some of my colleagues went over to check on the situation and reported that the crowd was there to show silent support of Chick-Fil-A. Again, this is very, very refreshing. I will continue to choose Chick-Fil-A over other 'fast food' businesses because I appreciate how the company stand's behind its principles. Honestly, I wouldn't care if they chose to champion the rights of insects. If that meant that they chose their beliefs over the security of their profits, I would respect that.

I too was at the tulsa branch last night around 7pm it was packed, cars backed up about 1/4mile down the street, line outside the building and it only took us 25minutes to get in and order our food they were so efficient. there were about 8-9 protestors outside holding signs protesting against chick fil a. food was good...i'm gonna go back there as often as i can.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join