It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Olympics. Yay!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, SOMEBODY must say Yay, right?

I've asked everyone I know if they watch the Olympics, or if they know of someone that watches. Answer was a 100% no.

Anyone here watching?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I always make it a point to watch a little bit, even if its just the nightly recaps.

Ever since I was little and wanted to go to the 84 L.A. Olympics...

I had an aunt that promised me "next time there in LA we will take you" Son of a .... taking advantage of a 5 year olds knowledge of the world...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My family are watching it almost religiously. I've seen bits but I'm not too interested by any of the sports.

If they brought in skateboarding, BMX, inline or any similar extreme activities I'd definitly be more excited

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Fraid not, My husband own's the remote, And he would prfer to watch Steptoe and son and such like ...

My brain is slowly frazzling out....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Watching as much as I can

Helps to be in a timezone close to the UK.

@ Fazza! : august 8-9-10 : BMX

edit on 31-7-2012 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've been watching most of it. watching sports I would never dream of doing if it wasn't the Olympics. Today I was watching Judo, the Equestrian and the swimming. I find something nostalgic about watching the Olympics, it reminds me of my childhood spent watching sports with my grand parents.

I do actually enjoy it, there's nothing on Tv anyway, so to have a bit of sport to get in to is a welcome break.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Not watching here.. Lost interest when the MSM devoted more time covering Olympic scandals, than the athletes.

Des

edit on 31-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Not I sayeth the fly.

I find sports boring as hell to watch, and very uninteresting.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Course I am I'm British.
Been watching the football, boxing, judo and of course women's gymnastics

CX

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yep, been watching as much as i can here.

Hopefully Britain will catch up a little in the medals, can't fault the fans though, tons of support from the crowds.

CX.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The only parts I have seen are the ones posted here with all the doom and gloom with it.

I did actually catch a part on the news yesterday about a female swimmer who beat her own time and a guy's time by right much. (Not sure which country, her name or his) They said she had to be drug tested and I do remember hoping against hope that she was JUST THAT awesome and she came back clean regardless of who she was swimming for.

That's pretty much it for me. I have never cared much for the Olympics.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well I've been leaving it to my 9 year old son to fly the flag in our house, he loves it !

Only problem is, the 5 year old only wants to watch Cbeebies all the time....Has led to some big arguments, can't wait for September !

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!
My family are watching it almost religiously. I've seen bits but I'm not too interested by any of the sports.

If they brought in skateboarding, BMX, inline or any similar extreme activities I'd definitly be more excited

Though I don't do any of the things you mentioned, I agree. Who does fencing anymore? Shouldn't the sports reflect what is relevant of the times?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Well I've been leaving it to my 9 year old son to fly the flag in our house, he loves it !

Only problem is, the 5 year old only wants to watch Cbeebies all the time....Has led to some big arguments, can't wait for September !

Sounds like a one television house. How 70's of you!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

I feel your pain.

CX

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Two golds today, nice one.

Wiggins in the cycling and the ladies in the rowing...first ladies gold ever for rowing.

CX.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well...I must admit. After reading/posing in this thread last night, I had to turn it on, and watched. Yes, I watched the U.S. Girl's Gymnastic floor competition team...win the gold! I did have a rush of excitement like years ago. A welling of National pride. I'll probably watch more tonight.

Des

CX

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Well...I must admit. After reading/posing in this thread last night, I had to turn it on, and watched. Yes, I watched the U.S. Girl's Gymnastic floor competition team...win the gold! I did have a rush of excitement like years ago. A welling of National pride. I'll probably watch more tonight.

Des

Nice one....and congrats on the Gym gold.

I was the same, hated the thought of it due to the conspiracy and prediction rubbish about it all, and the big business side of it put me off too, but i do enjoy the sport.

CX.

CX

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I think the judges are handling all the ups and downs well....there was the badmington where the Chinese and South Korean team were purposely throwing their games so they could fix a better match in the next round.

It made horrendous viewing and i am glad they have been penalised for it.

news.sky.com...

Then again, there was the 16 year old Chinese girl who knocked a second off the world record, and because of this the US coach complained and accused her of doping. Thankfully the judges have stood by the result and not listened to this obvious case of sour grapes. The testing there is probably more intense than ever before, all the athletes are tested the same.

CX.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Of course I'm watching the Olympics - had a lot of issues surrounding the funding of these games and apparent corruption and involvement of multi-national corporations etc - but once it got started I can't help but watch and enjoy the Games and do some unashamedly biased cheering of the UK competitors whilst appreciating the efforts etc of the others competing.

And I must say, all the false flag / NWO etc bollocks and overkill about the games made me determined to watch it despite my reservations and distate.

I've been really enjoying the Archery this time around, never really watched it before - it's quite good. (I think middle-age is no longer imminent but is sadly upon me!)

Always keep up to date with the boxing and swimming, the rowing is ok as well and obviously the cycling - looking forward to Friday when the athletics start, that's always the highlight for me.

Who does fencing anymore?

Well, considering that fencers from 10 countries so far have won fencing medals I would suggest that fencing is still enjoyed by people from many different and diverse countries - just because the USA doesn't participate in the sport, or maybe just aren't very good at it, doesn't mean to say that no-one else doesn't.

The world does not revolve around the USA!

reply to post by Fazza!

www.london2012.com...

Know what your saying about the nostalgia thing woody

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join