It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this symbol and what does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

What is that symbol in the green circle on this lady's chest? It is from the opening ceremony in London and it looks familiar but I can't place it. I tried a few reverse image sites and changed the color and contrast but those programs are so new they didn't find a match.
I see flaming horns, winged disc, skull on fire, bull symbol etc. and after looking at it all day I see stars and have a headache

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I see a bull, like the tribal ones. Out of curiosity why have you looked at it all day? It seems to be on a totally random person during the Olympic ceremony when most people had symbols and drawings on them.
edit on 28-7-2012 by CompisMentis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CompisMentis

I see a bull, like the tribal ones. Out of curiosity why have you looked at it all day? It seems to be on a totally random person during the Olympic ceremony where most people had symbols and drawing on them.

It's been on the "to do" list all day would be more appropriate, I don't like to leave unfinished business so I put things like this on the side burner and finish other things before returning to them. It's the best way to get things done without getting stuck on any one item.
The person with the emblem was at the front of the column, these things are pretty well choreographed so it stands to reason someone wanted her there. While it's true they all had patterns on their clothing, nobody else had a similar patch or emblem. It could be something as simple as a company logo or social group emblem, either way I need to know what it is for my own curiosity.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It is hard to make out, but it sorta makes me think of the south node glyph used in astrology:

Is there a way to get a better picture??

PLPL

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It looks like the Autobots and Decepticons are not the only ones anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

It looks like the Napstar Logo

Remember that ?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i'm thinking probably some kind of logo. i had a go at bringing out a bit more detail;

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
who is the lady? a lil info on the picture might help you figure it out...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
i'm thinking probably some kind of logo. i had a go at bringing out a bit more detail;

Well, clearly it's ET from the back raising his lil arms up towards the light of the mothership who came to pick him up after he phoned home.

On a serious note, I don't have a clue!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hey OP - I don't know if anyone else has this thought, but the costumes are painted - they have mirror image blobs, like a kind of tie-dye? If you look at the girl next to her, you can see what I'm talking about. So, while it may have been an intentional symbol, it could also be a random mirror-image from the process used in making the costume fabric. What do you think? Does anyone else see that???

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I see Isis.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, it's the cyberdog logo. They make psychedelic clothing for the psychedelic techno scene in the uk , they have a store at Camden lock in London www.cyberdog.net...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Here's a cartoon in the guardian. It's like a cartoon version of what was on that woman's chest.

Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJARK
Nothing to see here, it's the cyberdog logo. They make psychedelic clothing for the psychedelic techno scene in the uk , they have a store at Camden lock in London www.cyberdog.net...

THANK YOU!!!!
The image looked like the head was in the shape of the Omega symbol at an angle, the whole ceremony was so strange it's hard to tell what was part of it.

new topics

top topics

join