It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs race-based school discipline policies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This whole thing seems silly. Getting in trouble in school should have absolutely nothing to do with your skin color. Are they trying to say that other races aside from black get away with more? I'm tired though so may be missing something. Is it just possible that the reason they are getting in trouble more in school has more to do with home life and culture norms and not so much that anything is biased in the schools?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Some of you have bought into this "whitey" thing real bad. Enjoy your self perpetuating misery.
Blaming all of us won't garner sympathy, just create more idiocy.
Peace, haters

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

There were white slaves too........ Matter of fact, every race has been a slave sometime in history...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by de_Genova

yes because every white person on the planet must feel guilt for the deeds that happened before most of us were born.....good luck with that every race EVERY SINGLE one has their faults and "crimes" over the thousands of years of human development no one is innocent from human sacrifices to religious persection to owning slaves to running drugs and starting wars to persecuting others before through out all of humanity not one races hands are clean and all have commuted some form of eugenics or genocide from our ancestors whiping out and interbreeding with Neanderthals(i subscribe to that theory)from the selective breeding of Samoans,to sacrifices by Mayans Incas etc to the Portuguese slave traders to the dutch colonials all the way back to the mongols and ancient Chinese and their belif that HAN is superior to all others ,to indias cast system that remains in place to this day all the way back to the small pox delivered both intentional and unintentionally to north America NO ones hands are clean

and this its whitey vs all of us or all of us vs whitey etc attidute just serves to divide us more then we allready are by politicis and religion

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Before this all gets out of hand (too late) I'd like to ask again.

Can anyone please point it out to me in the order where this is. I read the whole thing and I am not seeing it.

Thanks. Lol

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SmashPapayaKC

Everyone knows this. This country was routed in white supremacy, black people owning slaves doesn't mean anything. The free black people were harassed on a routine basis and did not have the same rights of white people. They couldn't even move from state to state.

After slavery, white supremacist laws still existed, that is why the civil rights movement started. Slavery is just one part of racial injustice in the USA.

Institutionalized racism still exists, even in 2012..

edit on 28-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Before this all gets out of hand (too late) I'd like to ask again.

Can anyone please point it out to me in the order where this is. I read the whole thing and I am not seeing it.

Thanks. Lol

So you guys wait until after people respond to the racism to say it's getting out of hand? Makes sense

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

White guilt doesn't exist. There is not one white person that feels guilty for what this country treated minorities if they were no part of it. Acknowledging history and feeling guilty for it is two different things.

"White guilt" is a term thrown around by David Duke types to make whites feel embarrassed for understanding the racial history of the USA.

God forbid you mention the massacre of the Native Americans...that means you have guilt.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by SmashPapayaKC

Everyone knows this. This country was routed in white supremacy, black people owning slaves doesn't mean anything. The free black people were harassed on a routine basis and did not have the same rights of white people. They couldn't even move from state to state.

After slavery, white supremacist laws still existed, that is why the civil rights movement started. Slavery is just one part of racial injustice in the USA.

Institutionalized racism still exists, even in 2012..

Blacks owned slaves in africa and still do./ Arabs also practised slavery of blacks.
Gr10 history lesson concluded..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

And? I just said black people owned slaves. What does that have to do with my post? Did you even read it?

The US was founded upon white supremacist law and society...what does black people owning slaves have to do with that? The free black people were discriminated upon and harassed. The constitution did not apply to free blacks or slaved blacks.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Ive been in this thread as a member since page two. We can't mod threads if we post. I'm not even reading the junk. I would like the facts though about this order. Something I have not seen in this thread.

If its true then it is serious and needs to be discussed. But if it's not true then there are real issues are time is better spent on.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I'm not even reading the junk.

Well aren't you a great mod
I thought ATS wanted to combat the racist posts? I'd figure mods would pay attention in racial threads.

We can't mod threads if we post.

If you say so. But you can sure tell some other mod to mod it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

And? I just said black people owned slaves. What does that have to do with my post? Did you even read it?

The US was founded upon white supremacist law and society...what does black people owning slaves have to do with that? The free black people were discriminated upon and harassed. The constitution did not apply to free blacks or slaved blacks.

The point is, you're always grouping us together with the slave owners so i thought you should be reminded of your past and africans past.
Back in the day, people were easily manipulated by race but you seem to be trying to continue the hatred.

Ash- ok thanks for the explanation

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
America for the first time in its slavery ridden history finally has to face up to what she has done. What you are witnessing today is the legacy of slavery and its coming time to acknowledge that the "Piper must be paid" and paying the piper is exactly what is happening. The American people ELECTED Obama so that this could come about because a WHITE government would never have accomplished it and the American voting public was well aware of that fact.

The legacy of slavery is very broad and very deep............its still within the psyche of American blacks to this very day, but more importantly its still within the psyche of American whites. This is a major reason why black Americans ‘seem to be’ so "unfortunate" or make up the major portion of the under class culture in America. Just look around in your cities and you will see the major aspects of SLAVERY manifesting itself everywhere - in crime - in poor housing - poor education and the list goes on and on...........and the WHITES are directly responsible because THEY THEMSELVES have also inherited the evil legacy of SLAVERY.............Its PAYBACK TIME like it or not.

I am white BTW and I am willing to face the responsibility for what has happened in America because of my inheritance – so its about time I faced up to that awful reality………..so might the rest of you smug whites.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

You can speak for yourself.

My ancestors never owned any Slaves...In fact , I dont have any ancestors that were ever here in the U.S.during the time of slavery.

Should I feel responsible? Nope.

Should I feel Guilty about Slavery? Hell no. People seem to think that only Blacks were Slaves. Just about every group of people, around the world, at some point in history, were enslaved by another group of people.

Lets not forget that other countries practiced slavery (Brazil for example) long after the U.S. quit...Even other African Countries.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You need to worry about all the white bankers/corporate heads giving themselves bailouts with tax money again because black people are never going to get reparations
but, but you said you weren't talking about reparations

so which is it ?? either way, you really need to pay attention cause ppl like H.Cain, C.Rangel, R.Emanuel are just as dangerous.
i have plenty to worry about, bankers are least on my list as i don't feed them.

i prefer a more direct target anyway ... like the Federal Reserve system.

well ok, i've always agreed with a community approach but how does this EO fit with that vision ?? aside from creating more separatism, how does or can it help ??

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

No I'm exhausted with the bickering and hacks. It's disheartening.

I would like the truth though and am trying to stick to the topic. I read the entire EO and am not seeing the part this thread claims. No one else seems to care about it and are just lashing out with anger and emotions. I don't want to entertain that.

I would like the facts. Not a bunch of hand wringing over something that could be a hoax. Sounds pretty reasonable.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here's a newsflash, just about every civilization at some point in time had slavery. Do you think the Egyptians had volunteers build the Pyramids? Do you think the people building the Great Wall of China got paid? Did rome get built by the Emperor? Heh.

I don't owe anything to blacks just because my great great great grandfather may have owned a few slaves which wasn't against the law of the time, and something just about every race out there has done at some point in time. In fact, I think black people should OWE ME, since slavery has it's origins tied to AFRICA sometime about 8,000 years ago (earliest known record.)

Slave reparations here in America is not about reparations, it's about making people feel guilty and complacent to do whatever "they" tell us to do. It's about control. Why are we (Europeans) the only ones that are supposed to feel guilty about something every human civilization has done at some point in history, while other races are not? Hmm.

Follow the road of money and control and you will get your answers...

edit on 28-7-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
out of all the posters here on this thread only one of you hit it on target.. tsk tsk
to see how many of you fall so easy ...

Deny ignorance....??

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

This country was routed in white supremacy
got any proof of this ??
or does your version of 'routed' (rooted) begin at the Civil War ??

black ppl owning a majority of slaves certainly does (depending on the state).

if you really believe what you're typing, then your indoctrination is complete.
please begin un-programming here ... www.abovetopsecret.com...
and, in all fairness, please indicate which state educated you in the primary years ??
(for me, it was PA ... one of the 4 free states from day 1)

and so does voluntary servitude, so what's the real difference between then and now ??
are ppl still raped and beaten and murdered for the almighty dollar?
are ppl still used and abused til their physical bodies give way ??
are ppl exploited on a daily basis ??

if you answered no to any of the above, you are a troll.
if you answered correctly, please explain how today is different ??

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The constitution did not apply to free blacks or slaved blacks.
THAT ^^^^^ is a bold-faced lie.
clearly you know nothing of this history and i would strongly suggest you learn before you voluntarily concede your rights as many have before you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join