It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes: Methinks These Are Pictures of Two Different People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

honestly, i believe that the two pictures look significantly different, enough for a strong possibility that they are not the same person.

peace.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

I may be staring at these photos too much, but it also appears that his eyes have changed. In the first picture there are less whites in the middle of his eyes closer to the dear duct, in the second there is much more space right there, making his pupils seems to almost look outwards, giving that crazy dazed look. Also The folds of his eyes seem to be more almond to the middle in the first pictures, and more almond to the outside crease in the second pictures, almost like the shape of his eyes just switched.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Well, consider that he is not smiling in the jail photo, and his eyebrows are raised. Raising the eyebrows changes the lid shape significantly.

Also, if he has hyperthyroidism, he could have exopthalmos, which is noticed first by bulging of the eyes. This can become significantly exagerrated in some people when the disease becomes advanced. People have already noted the misalignement of his left eye in the photos.

Hyperthyroidism could account for parts of his behaviour as well as his appearance:

weight loss
bulging eyes
mental disturbances
nervousness
insomnia

edit on 25-7-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
so, what would be the point of whoever is behind this conspiracy, or whatever you are implying, being stupid enough to release pictures of two different people? why do people think that these people capable of creating these intricate conspiracies and plots are stupid enough to leave obvious clues out in the open?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Also a very good point and logical reasoning to why his physical appearance has changed so much. The eyes just were very noticeable to me, the mole still questionable, but when his whole face/body has changed I guess I'll never know. I did just learn something new about a symptom of hyperthyroidism, but I wonder if they would ever release that kind of medical information so we could pinpoint the changing of his physical appearance. Hmm. Is there any logical explanation for the durastic changing position of the mole though to help me grip on that?
edit on 25-7-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
so, what would be the point of whoever is behind this conspiracy, or whatever you are implying, being stupid enough to release pictures of two different people? why do people think that these people capable of creating these intricate conspiracies and plots are stupid enough to leave obvious clues out in the open?

Well, "these people" are notorious for putting things in plain sight, right? If you're a hardcore conspiracy theorist, you believe that they control pretty much EVERYTHING. Investigating any theory of this nature means that absolute proof is nearly impossible. I always go back to Kennedy because it was what first interested me in all of this conspiracy stuff.

www.gallup.com...

Gallup first asked about a possible conspiracy shortly after the assassination in November of 1963, and at that time, 52% of the public thought others were involved in the assassination.A similar percentage (50%) believed in a conspiracy three years later in December 1966. When Gallup revisited the subject in 1976, the percentage believing others were involved had increased considerably. At that time, 81% thought others were involved in the killing of President Kennedy...

Interestingly, those with more formal education tend to have the lowest belief in a possible conspiracy in the JFK assassination. Among those with a post-graduate education, 71% believe others were involved in the assassination, compared with 78% among those with some college education and 84% among those with a H.S. education or less.

Just because people believe something doesn't make it true...it makes it a theory. If you control everything from events to the media coverage...cover-ups are significantly simplified. No matter what various people *think*, absolute proof from reliable sources is impossible. Just some thoughts...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Nothing I can think of than what's already been discussed. Tilt of the head, weight loss, smiling vs not smiling, lighting, and different camera lenses. I also think the picture of him with the brown hair was a drivers license photo, and it has been greatly enlarged, so I expect a slight bit of distortion from that, as well.

The hair color also does come into play, for me at least, in the drastic change in his appearance. Only after really taking that, and the way it brings out the red tones in his skin into account, was I able to reconcile the images. It dramatically changes the impression of his eye color and skin tone.

Would be interesting if someone good with photoshop could change their hair color back to brown in the jail image and remove some of that ruddiness from his skin color.

The location of the mole doesn't change that drastically IMO.

As an aside, did you all know he was adopted?

Just found that out this morning, reading an article. Claims are his mother knew something was wrong with him for some time. Unclear if she ever sought treatment, but claimed she treated him as one of her own. Implying he has siblings.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
His smiling expression caused the change in mole position.

Both pictures seems to be some times apart, due to wait loss on 2nd one.

Emotionally happy on first pic, mentally disturbed on 2nd.

Agreed, although, IMO, not mentally disturbed, controlled by MK-Ultra type drugs.. but yes.. this is a pic of the same person, IMO

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's the same person. The fact that his eyes look slightly different directions in every pic I've seen of him thus far, including the mug shot, confirms it for me.

When the eye(s) look different directions it can cause strain, double vision, loss of depth perception, and lead to tension headaches. I wonder if he suffers from any of this considering.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
its the same person.

your nose shape changes when you smile or smirk or whatever....you can feel it happening if you place your hand over your nose then smile....or just look in the mirror.

edit on July 25th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Your nostrils change shape but not the thickness of the bridge of your nose, well, in my case anyway...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think the confusion here is due to picture #1 being a photoshopped composite image using parts of Holme's face.
The big differences I detect are 1) the nose - 2) the chin is much heavier in the pic on the left, - 3) cheekbones more pronounced on left, 4) bags under eyes much lower in picture on left and 5) epithelial fold more pronounced on right hand picture.
Also the second pic he seems to be almost completely missing eyelashes.
No amount of changed facial expressions, lighting or lenses would account for the differences in the nose.
Either it was a doctored photo or he had a nose job, which would be highly unlikely for a young college student.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i guess i'll just repost the image i've posted in that other thread. contrary to the image analysis posted here, this one is based on getting a match with his eyes. i think we'll all agree that when eyes match, everything else should follow. well, not counting sightly different camera angle - but still.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by luciddream

Good point.. It is sad to show how such a change in mental health can change physical appearance.

I think that is what is really going on here, I find it crazy how much his demeanor changed in the past 5 years or so, even from the videos I've watched of him in the past and the present.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Does anyone know the origin of the first picture?

In my opinion it does not look like the same guy. A very good job of making someone like him.
Note, he had to pluck or lose eyebrows there are less in the second picture along with eyelashes.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Man, there have been so many far stretches for looking for a conspiracy in this it makes my head ache. Do you all have nothing better to do but try to find hidden conspiracies in the blatantly obvious? Meanwhile the real slight of hand is going on in front of your face while youre concentrating on this.
Kid went bonkers. Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less. Who knows why. Who really cares? Its already happened. You cant change it. Trying to make sense of it will not take the bullets back. Accept it for what it is and move on. JEEZ......

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
Man, there have been so many far stretches for looking for a conspiracy in this it makes my head ache. Do you all have nothing better to do but try to find hidden conspiracies in the blatantly obvious? Meanwhile the real slight of hand is going on in front of your face while youre concentrating on this.
Kid went bonkers. Thats all. Nothing more, nothing less. Who knows why. Who really cares? Its already happened. You cant change it. Trying to make sense of it will not take the bullets back. Accept it for what it is and move on. JEEZ......

I don't know who you're addressing here, but if it is me, I AM A WOMAN! That being said, you have said this once already on the thread. Thanks for your opinion...it is duly noted.

The world forbid someone find something interesting and post it publicly WITHOUT no less than 10 people showing up to comment on something they don't give a rip about just to throw in there that you should be using your time for something else. If you don't care and find the thread insignificant, why keep coming back? To quote you: "Meanwhile the real slight of hand is going on in front of your face while youre concentrating on this."

Take you own words to heart. This is why I RARELY post on ATS. People can't have a civilized discussion without condescending better-than-you's showing up with nothing of substance to add. The OP is officially abandoning the thread. Good day.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Does anyone know the origin of the first picture?

In my opinion it does not look like the same guy. A very good job of making someone like him.
Note, he had to pluck or lose eyebrows there are less in the second picture along with eyelashes.

In a post above I pointed out he looks like he could possibly have hyperthyroidism. Hair thinning and hair loss is one of the signs also.

In particular, of the eyelashes and eyebrows. When people have thyroid disease, they may suffer bouts of hyper and hypo-thyroidism. One of the manifestations of hypo-thyroidism is call Queen Anne's Sign, in which there is nearly a total loss of the outer 1/3 of the eyebrows.

In looking at him, generally, it is not totally out of the ballpark he has clinical manifestations of thyroid disease.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Yes, because we are all simpletons and cannot think of more than one thing at a time.

Seriously? I hate it when people use this argument to attempt to sideline a thread they don't *approve* of.

Why not just move along, and not open threads you may find offensive?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

My point is simple. Its that there are too many people stretching and reaching to make this shooting into some great conspiracy. There is nothing blatantly obvious as there were with 9/11, JFK, MLK, etc. This just seems to be a simple case of a stressed out kid who lost his mind and went postal.
The real conspiracy here, as Ive already said, is that the government will use this to demonize guns and push for more gun control that we already know doesnt work

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Jay I agree with you completely.. However IMHO the conspiracy of the deal to me isn't the event itself. It's what TPTB do with it now that it's happened..

How will they use this horrible tragedy to their advantage I wonder..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join