It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage to be introduced in Scotland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Homos and pro homos,

What you do behind closed doors is your business and yours only. Marriage however is a sacred unity between man and woman, whatever your reasons to argue this may be, it is not natural for two people of the same sex to be together in that manner. Yes nature, two guys cannot give birth to a child, the same goes for two women.

Same sex marriage is an abomination and an offense to decent society.

Argue all you want but keep what I have written in mind.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718
Marriage however is a sacred unity between man and woman,

Legal Marriage is a contract to protect rights and property of those who join together as one unit.

God - Sacred - Religion - - etc - - - - is not mentioned any place in the Legal Government contract entitled Marriage License.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Homos and pro homos,

What you do behind closed doors is your business and yours only. Marriage however is a sacred unity between man and woman, whatever your reasons to argue this may be, it is not natural for two people of the same sex to be together in that manner. Yes nature, two guys cannot give birth to a child, the same goes for two women.

Why should we keep what you have written in mind?

Marriage is not sacred, union is sacred.

Marriage is a legal contract....a committed relationship is a social contract.

Have you looked into the history of marriage?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Homos and pro homos,

Marriage doesn't seem to be such a sacred unity to half the heterosexuals who get married - hence the 50% divorce rate in the U.S. Nothing hurts the sanctity of marriage more than a divorce, right?

Funny, though. Statistics show that the divorce rate is lower in the states with same-sex marriage. Is it solely because of same-sex marriage? Probably not - but gay marriage certainly hasn't hurt the sacred unity in those states.

In states that recognize or perform gay marriages, the number of divorces in 2009 was 41.2 percent of the number of marriages. In the 36 other states for which 2009 data are available, it was 50.3 percent. Remove the outlier Nevada, the state with by far the lowest divorce rate by this metric (16.3 percent), likely due in part to Las Vegas's status as a wedding hotspot for out-of-state couples who may get married there but divorced elsewhere, and the figure jumps to 53.2 percent.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Good job Scotland! Marriage should be available for everyone. If people can get married for 55 hours, or over 7 times then I see no reason as to why not a man and a man can marry and for a woman to marry another woman.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Homos and pro homos,

If something isn't natural you wouldn't find it in nature, being homosexual is population control. You find it all in Nature. So if God made everything, he made me gay, gay so the world wouldn't get overpopulated.

Your welcome...now let me get married to my partner of 6 years and save taxes and be allowed in the emergency room.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
Oh thats good. The men in Scotland have been wearing skirts for hundreds of years. Now they don't have to be in the closet anymore.

Kilts are not skirts. Deny Ignorance.

The kilt is a knee-length garment with pleats at the rear, originating in the traditional dress of men and boys in the Scottish Highlands of the 16th century. Since the 19th century it has become associated with the wider culture of Scotland in general, or with Celtic (and more specifically Gaelic) heritage even more broadly. It is most often made of woollen cloth in a tartan pattern. Although the kilt is most often worn on formal occasions and at Highland games and sports events, it has also been adapted as an item of fashionable informal male clothing in recent years, returning to its roots as an everyday garment.

Kilts

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I can't believe people even believe there's such a thing as homosexuals, it's a lifestyle and a big joke.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybowrain
I can't believe people even believe there's such a thing as homosexuals, it's a lifestyle and a big joke.

Orientation is what gender you are attracted to. Your sexual attraction birthright.

Lifestyle - - is how you choose to live your life - - such as your career: lawyer - dancer - teacher - etc.

Lifestyle - - is also what kind of car you drive - house you live in - what entertainment you like - etc.

Its good to know what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Good on Scotland. It sounds like they have people in government who are comfortable with their sexuality.

I expect many with phobias or strong anti-gay inclinations may have at one time or another in their adolescensce found themselves in an uncomfortable situation and faced with a touch of ambiguity and a perception of what is socially deemed unacceptable in their sphere of association.

There are natural feelings of desire for human company and companionship along with the compulsion to mate. It seems natural that the population represents a gray-scale of inclination and orientation where there is little absolutes except where people choose to act on their desires in only one way or another, then there are those whose natural inclination leaves little choice to act on them in a pre-determined and "acceptable" manner. Those who are comfortable with their sexuality have little hang-up, while those who live with ambiguity and have made a choice to act within given social norms will expect all others to live by a similar choice. Sad is that those who scream the loudest on this issue most likely remain the least fulfilled in their own desires.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Good on you Scotland!

As for the rest of you haters, uninformed, religious, just plain stupid, closet paedophiles, closet gays or “all of the above” – I could pick on many things that you (or your religion) do in your life’s that makes me want to puke!

We are animals (nothing more) and throughout the animal world homosexuality is common…… but I suppose your god didn’t tell all about that?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
god made adam & eve not bob & steve this is sick sold out by a bunch of liberals .people should look up the HOLLY GREIG case this is the kind of SCUM who lead us protecting pedophiles in power .when the queen swore her oath to protect GODS laws in 1953 she put her hand on a 1611 copy of kjv bible that states that all queers /rapists / murderers be put to death she is guilty of treason .send them to iran see how long they last . sick totally sick

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Good on Scotland. It sounds like they have people in government who are comfortable with their sexuality.

I expect many with phobias or strong anti-gay inclinations may have at one time or another in their adolescensce found themselves in an uncomfortable situation and faced with a touch of ambiguity and a perception of what is socially deemed unacceptable in their sphere of association.

There are natural feelings of desire for human company and companionship along with the compulsion to mate. It seems natural that the population represents a gray-scale of inclination and orientation where there is little absolutes except where people choose to act on their desires in only one way or another, then there are those whose natural inclination leaves little choice to act on them in a pre-determined and "acceptable" manner. Those who are comfortable with their sexuality have little hang-up, while those who live with ambiguity and have made a choice to act within given social norms will expect all others to live by a similar choice. Sad is that those who scream the loudest on this issue most likely remain the least fulfilled in their own desires.

maybe you should do some reading up on GORDON HAMILTON who massacred school children not so long ago see who signed his gun licence or holly greig thats our glorious leaders all a bunch of pedos

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
god made adam & eve not bob & steve this is sick sold out by a bunch of liberals .people should look up the HOLLY GREIG case this is the kind of SCUM who lead us protecting pedophiles in power .when the queen swore her oath to protect GODS laws in 1953 she put her hand on a 1611 copy of kjv bible that states that all queers /rapists / murderers be put to death she is guilty of treason .send them to iran see how long they last . sick totally sick

Wow, I can certainly see who is ‘sick’ around here…….

So, you recommend that all gays be killed and this should be done by the Queen?

I could say the same of all religious freaks, it is a fact that the world would be much better off without you lot!

Also, just wondering geobro, when you will be coming out of the closet?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think this is brilliant, religion has no place in modern society in the UK anymore.
The only part I have trouble getting my head round, is why does anyone, of any sexuality, still have the need of an outdated concept like marriage?
You don't need the state or any kind of church to tell you whether you love each other.
If people want to live together as grown ups, they should just do it.
It's not like they get a tax break or anything, just seem to me like it's some kind of ownership contract.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Its nice to see equality. Should you be not allowed to be seen in public because you are not like the rest at this moment? Then all must parish. Why are you still living because you have different interest from your DNA makeup ? Then all must parish. These are all dark systems to label and compare. They belong at the bottom ware dark hides from the light. For every shadow has light around it. Darkness was only created to find a way to the light willingly.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro

And you Sir, are guilty of terrible grammar and punctuation.
You seem to be a perfect example of poor education and lower intelligence leading to biogtry and closed mindedness.
Congratulations, you are a living, breathing stereotype.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybowrain

I presume you have evidence to back this up?
Or is it just your blinkered, uninformed opinion?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

here is the definition of marriage;

mar·riage/ˈmarij/Noun: 1.The formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife.
2.A relationship between married people or the period for which it lasts.

And the need to take such away from a man and a woman only forces to cheapen the concept. It's bad enough marriage is nothing more than dating these days with very little if any commitment. Sure... Just go ahead and make it even less by tarnishing something sacred between man and women for countless years.

Man.. The things we can Fk up in the world today... lets see how much faster we can flush it down.... lets make it a race and see who can make life on this planet absolutly worthless and pointless, any more, shall we?

if you want something that someone else has... Change the damn name... All I see are people making agendas that purposly goes after every single thing sacred.

Welcome to a world were everything is legal except christianity. To hell with those rights.. They dont need rights.. They have God.

This... is the mentality of people today.

I really dont get this double standard. Id really love to know who made who more important here. Self rightouse assholes pour out of the woodwork here.

edit on 26-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
Oh thats good. The men in Scotland have been wearing skirts for hundreds of years. Now they don't have to be in the closet anymore.

Kilts are not skirts. Deny Ignorance.

The kilt is a knee-length garment with pleats at the rear, originating in the traditional dress of men and boys in the Scottish Highlands of the 16th century. Since the 19th century it has become associated with the wider culture of Scotland in general, or with Celtic (and more specifically Gaelic) heritage even more broadly. It is most often made of woollen cloth in a tartan pattern. Although the kilt is most often worn on formal occasions and at Highland games and sports events, it has also been adapted as an item of fashionable informal male clothing in recent years, returning to its roots as an everyday garment.

Kilts

It's a skirt.

Your argument is like me pointing at a pair of jeans and saying "They're not trousers, they're leg tubes."

Scottish men wear skirts which is why they are allowing immoral acts to be legalised.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join