It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Lied About the Draft

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Of course this is not a volunteer army any longer. I agree that when you join the service, you willingly give up certain rights and agree to do what the military tells you. However, many of those in service now joined in response and good faith to protect the country. The Reserves and National Gaurd troops should absolutely be on active duty...PROTECTING THE HOMELAND. I know a young man, married with a 3 year old son, who joined the Army. September 11 was his motivation. He left his beautiful young wife and son for a year to live in Tikrit. He returned last summer, less than 2 weeks before the troops were stopped from leaving Iraq. His return home is celebrated, and the couple begins to make plans, for he has 10 months before his time is up. He is struggling, however, unable to return to his work due to his post traumatic stress. His days are filled with counseling and anger management. Shortly before a trip to his hometown for a wedding, he is given great news. A medical discharge in November! the couple come home, tell their news, return to their military town, and find out they are pregnant! More happy news. The very next week, he is called into work and told it would be in his best interest, and the best thing for his family for him to return to Iraq for a year in January, and here is your stop-loss order.
Are you going to tell me that this nation's military is not stretched way too far? The gaurd is there, the reserves are there, guys who have already been there are going back. We have pulled troops from the Korean Peninsula
We are pulling troops from eastern Europe, where old soviet nukes are insecure. Imagine if this lunacy were to continue... If we have to protect ourselves against anybody else, or protect anybody else (Great Britain, Canada, Israel, South Korea, etc) there will BE NO WAY TO AVOID RE-INSTATING THE DRAFT!!!! If you think George Bush was honest when he said he would not use the draft, you are naive and too trusting.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Authored by Democrats and to be conviniently used very soon by his Excellency.

Im sure the Democrats whipped thisone up under duress.

So Democrats can't think for themselves? Do they always bow down to the pressures of outsiders?

Let us not forget to thank those who have volunteered to fight for our freedoms to express our freedoms. They deserve our respect (especially those of us who did not serve our country in the military!).

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's not okay Bush is doing something because Clinton did it. That's not the point.

The point is this isn't a PARTISAN ISSUE because Clinton, who the Democrats regardless of their claiming he's "no longer in power" did the same thing and still for the most part believe he could do no wrong - even if what he did is something Bush has done and been criticized for. The language being used in this thread that "Bush lied about the draft" is a blatant lie in itself just meant to drum up anti-Bush sentiment. The draft bill was drawn up and supported by Democrats lead by Charlie Rangle (D-NY). The point is that even Rangle himself admitted that this bill was brought to the floor to bring up debate on the subject - not because he believed it would be passed (on the first try). Legislature is more complex then most of us think - please everyone, watch C-Span from time to time.

The point should be made that even though this bill was supported by the Democrats supporters of the left try to make this appear that the right is trying to push a draft on the people. The point should be made that nothing points to the fact there is going to be a draft!(Other then alarmism on the 'net.)

These are some of the many reasons I vote third-party.

I hate the fact that disputing statements by liberals make me look like a Bush supporter. I hate the fact that the political climate forces me to add that disclaimer to feel I'll be taken slightly seriously.

EDIT: To say I must have accidently missed an entire page of this thread and this was in response to what was on the first page.

[edit on (10/11/0404 by PistolPete]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Phoenix let me show you something interesting that will tell you if we going at the rate of casualties in Iraq, either by death or injuries, because injure soldiers depending of injuries have to come back home, and if we don't replace them we will be short of troops in Iraq so eventually if Iraq conflict does not change for the better WE will need more troops, and how are we going to do that?

First...Marg do take a look at the troops we do have in Europe and tell me that we do not have more troops to send over there.... what is happening is that supposedly, I don't know first hand since I am not in the military anymore, troops are being trained to got to Iraq and rotate our troops there.

Second.....When Bush said in the last debate that if Kerry was in office that Saddam would still be in power....what did Kerry say? "not necessarily..." so...he meant to say he would have sent our troops to Iraq too? since the only way to oust Saddam was to do just that.....and Kerry plans on sending more troops to Iraq...just like Bush is planning.....

BTW, I was in the military and I haven't been called back...neither has been a friend of mine that was with me in the navy and he is now in the Airforce reserve...

Another comment...do tell me that throughout history, in times of war there hasn't been stop-loss style orders given to soldiers when they were at war...

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

A medical discharge in November! the couple come home, tell their news, return to their military town, and find out they are pregnant! More happy news. The very next week, he is called into work and told it would be in his best interest, and the best thing for his family for him to return to Iraq for a year in January, and here is your stop-loss order.

Medical discharge trumps a stop-loss order. Don't try to pull anecdotal evidence here.

Are you going to tell me that this nation's military is not stretched way too far? The gaurd is there, the reserves are there, guys who have already been there are going back.

9 percent of our forces are in Iraq/Afghanistan/Middle East.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
You better beleive that Bush will start the draft up if he gets re-elected, and anyone from the ages of 18 to 36 is not safe. Bush is so full of hisself that a person doesn't know half the time which "hole" Bush is blowing his lies from, he is a shifty-eyed parasite, with pointed ears,...... I'm just trying to figure out where he's hiding his horns and tail at

Anyone that votes for Bush has got to be LOCO in the head, the man is un-trustworthy, inexperience, illrational, and a loser in just about everything he has ever tried to do. Anyone that doesn't beleive Bush isn't going to start the "draft" back up is blind, stupid, or both ! The man has been lying from the first day he took office to the citizens of the U.S., why would he change his spots now. If there's any justice in this world, Bush will be kicked-to-the-curb in Nov and brought up on charges for working with the enemy (Saudis).

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm voting for Bush. God won't allow this country to be lead by a trader like Kerry.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr_sheldon
I am of draft age and am just wondering how a draft is not possible? Throwing the political junk out the window...For a long time the US has had a military strength goal of being able to sustain 2 simultanious wars at the same time. If you count afghanistan and iraq as being at the same time then we've been stretched quite thin against 2 weak opponents.

If we wanted to, we could completely wipe out both Afghanistan and Iraq.
People don't seem to realize how little troops we're using in both situations and that's why it seems we're being stretched thin. Together it's ony about 150,000-160,000 (out of 1.4 mil)....
That's why a draft is not necessary.

Let's say by some miracle we do have a draft. If they include women and college students, then that's going to generate a lot of draftees. What do you do with all of them? That would be going way overboard for countries like Iraq and Afghanistan. Any war with NK wouldn't be conventional. And a war were to break out with Iran, we would have more International support I believe so sending all those draftees over there would also be overkill.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Take a look at what George Soros has to say about the whole situation when it comes to Mr. George W Bush. This fits into this thread because Mr. Soros brings up the "draft", this man is pretty smart, he's been through a lot in his life-span. Some people do not trust his words because he has Billions, but their willing to trust someone like G W Bush,............ go figure ????????

www.georgesoros.com...

Mr. Soros wrote a two page political advertisment in my city's news paper, he feels that strongly about Dubya. I hope at least the "un-decides" will pay attention to what this gentleman has to say and give his words some serious thought ,

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Nanna great article. I just emailed it to my entire family, some of which see Bush as a God. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Nanna, the king isexposed

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

If we wanted to, we could completely wipe out both Afghanistan and Iraq.
People don't seem to realize how little troops we're using in both situations and that's why it seems we're being stretched thin. Together it's ony about 150,000-160,000 (out of 1.4 mil)....
That's why a draft is not necessary.

Thanks for Replying to me
. Out of that 1.4 million only 550000 are ground forces. I may be wrong but tours of duty are about 1 year. (correct me if I'm wrong) and then they get a year off. So over 2 years you need 300000 in iraq. there's 100000 in europe and another 100000 in Asia. Eace of these get rotated making total ground forces needed over 2 years with 1 year tour of duty's = approx. 700000. Obviously the numbers include some navy and air force but you don't need a whole lot of navy personel on the N-S Korean line. But that's why we're calling up reserves and guard...To cover the troop rotation IMHO. In order to maintain this lvl of active duty deployment there needs to be an increase in personel. That may meen a draft...may mean aggressive recruitment. idk but the need is there at the moment. Especially if another conflict arises.

Here's my source on the numbers www.infoplease.com...

I may be wrong about the rotation scheme so if I'm way off I appologize

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Nanna great article. I just emailed it to my entire family, some of which see Bush as a God. Thank you.

Thank You dgtempe, I also thought George Soros was telling it how it is and there isn't much Bush can do about it,
. The Bush's can try to put a "hit" on the man but that will be kind of hard to do sence Mr. Soros has body-guards. Poor Bushy, all he can do is "wave" his branches and swear,

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Nanna, the king isexposed

that is so funny
I wonder what else tricky Dicky does for Bush's comfort

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
George Soros is a rabid left wing do anything and say anything to get Bush out of office partisan. I would not take anything he says as a fact, just as you would not take anything Limbaugh states as a fact. The only draft law was a democratic one. Thank you Charlie Rangle for that piece of legistlation. Kerry is the one who has stated that he will double the Special Forces and add two new divisions to the army. How is he going to do this in an all volunteer army? He can't, He will have to use the draft. So If you are worried about a draft, then you better be a Bush supporter, other wise you will be drafted into an army that does not have the weapons it's needs and will be lead by the U.N.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
If you are worried about a draft, then you better be a Bush supporter, other wise you will be drafted into an army that does not have the weapons it's needs and will be lead by the U.N.

Naw thats ok, I rather vote Democrat or not at all, before I vote Republican. The Democrats care about the people of the United States, care about our Rights and Liberties, they care about our Veterans and what they need. Unlike Republicans all they care about is their selves, their greed, not caring who they have to hurt or kill to obtain their goals, no thats alright, you can keep your god ( G W Bush ), the same man that sent our troops over to Iraq minus the needed weapons to fight this "Oil War", I'm using your "own words" here . Oh yea, thats right,...... the Republicans tried to blame that on the Democrats too, but that just isn't going to "fly", it wasn't a Democrat that "waged-war" on a country that had done nothing to us and sent our troops in "WITHOUT" THE WEAPONS they needed to fight a Republican's war.

Go ahead and stand with that Monkey-Faced, Neo-Nazi Wannabe, Satanic-Worshipping , spineless weasel you call Dubya, thats YOUR choice.
BTW, do you have children and are they "Drafting-Age"? If so, they can go fight YOUR god (Bush's) war. My Lord God is none to happy with George W Bush's lying, cheating, theiving, killing ways, apparently your god Bush, doesn't beleive in my God's Laws "THE TEN COMMANDMENTS" !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
actually NaNa, I had three sons, two have lost their lives in Iraq and one is on his way there, I have two daughters, one is of draft age and the other is younger. I retired from the military, I have been in Iraq, I have seen what is going on. Your attack on the President is the reason why I am glad my sons choose the military thier choice of vocations. To protect your right to deingrate the President who is doing his best to protect america from terrorist. I would rather fight the terrorist in Iraq than say in your hometown. you may hate Americans and resort to name calling that is your right as an American. You show all that you are part of the hate mongering smear loving Democrats.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

actually NaNa, I had three sons, two have lost their lives in Iraq and one is on his way there, I have two daughters, one is of draft age and the other is younger.

I'm very sorry to hear this,.... of your loss, but I'm also very sorry that your sons died for a lie told by George Bush,........... there were NO WMDs and Iraq was not in the position to attack the USA or any other country,.... they had nothing to attack with. I still feel bad for your loss though .

Your attack on the President is the reason why I am glad my sons choose the military thier choice of vocations. To protect your right to deingrate the President who is doing his best to protect america from terrorist.

The Military/ Armed Services have been lead to beleive (by the Bush Administration) that they are protecting the citizens of the United States against terrorist (Saddam, thats a joke) in Iraq. The funny thing is, there were no terrorist in Iraq until Bush Invaded Iraq and allowed the Iraqi prisoners to be tortured, rapes, and abuses to go on inside that prison, thats when the TERRORIST appeared in Iraq and began beheading people, murdering innocents. Bush & Co., are to BLAME for all of that, that has happened in Iraq, the BLOOD is on Bush & CO's., hands not the citizens of the US nor the citizens of Iraq.

Bush IS NOT/WAS NOT protecting us against the so-called Iraqi Gov't ( no connections were found between Iraq and the terrorist that attacked the United States ), Bush was out to get Saddam for threatening his father and to help steal the oil from the Iraqi people (paying pennies if even that for their oil ), that was the Bush & Co's., agenda ,..... but they had to make it look ( LIE ) as if Iraq was a threat to us and the world to get approval to do what a REAL HONEST PRESIDENT ( not Bush ) would need to do to protect us.

What Bush did had nothing to do with protecting our Nation .

you may hate Americans and resort to name calling that is your right as an American.

Oh here we go, you assume that I hate Americans just because I disapprove of Bush and his under-handed tactics, FEAR TACTICS at that, and beleive that kERRY OR ANYONE BUT BUSH , would make a BETTER President , that I want to see Dubya & Thugs kicked to the curb for their treacherous acts against the citizens of the United States and against the Country of Iraq. If that makes me un-american , then that makes over 1/2 of our Nation un-american too,...... I am NOT the only one that feels and thinks we need a REAL President to lead our Nation, instead of that Fake that resides in OUR White House.

Your right it is my BIRTHRIGHT as an American to state what Bush & Co., is/and has been doing as wrong and the only way to fix the "heart" of the problem is to get rid of Bush & Co. .

I love my Country and people,...... but I do not LOVE BUSH, it is more like hate when it comes to him,......... look at what he's done to us, and you expect me to love that man,...................... NOT IN THIS LIFE-TIME

I do not hate Americans or people of any culture. Am i PROUD to be an American???? How can anyone be proud to belong to a country that claims to be fighting a war on terror. When our country has inturn become the TERRORISTS!!!!!! I am fortunate to have been born in this great nation, a nation that is free , but it saddens me to watch day by day that freedom , ours rights as Americans to be taken away, by your Great President.
I feel very lucky to have brave and noble men and women to serve our country, so that myself and my children can live in a free nation, i just feel that it is wrong for Bush to take advantage of those soilders, to sacrifice so many American lifes, and so many more iraqian lifes, on false pretenses and bold-faced lies. The only one that has truely been terrorising America since 9/11 is the president of the United States. God help us all if that fear he has put into the hearts and heads of Americans gets him re-elected,(if thats what you want to call it)

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

actually NaNa, I had three sons, two have lost their lives in Iraq and one is on his way there, I have two daughters, one is of draft age and the other is younger. I retired from the military, I have been in Iraq, I have seen what is going on. Your attack on the President is the reason why I am glad my sons choose the military thier choice of vocations. To protect your right to deingrate the President who is doing his best to protect america from terrorist. I would rather fight the terrorist in Iraq than say in your hometown. you may hate Americans and resort to name calling that is your right as an American. You show all that you are part of the hate mongering smear loving Democrats.
They did a noble thing, and im sorry about your loss. I agree with Nanna, and I would not mind my sons fighting for a genuine war, but this is nothing i would want my children to give up their lives for. If i dont believe in Bush and his reasoning (or lack of) for this bogus war, how can i possibly allow this?
Yes, they have a mind of their own and thankfully, they agree with me.
My husband is an exmarine and he's totally against this war.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join