It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Denver/Aurora resident, I have a LOT to say about the shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Is it at all possible for someone to go check the morgue and see if there are any of the deceased from the Colorado "massacre" ????

I went to high school with Ian Sullivan. He fathered the little girl who was shot and killed. The family is devastated. Mom of the little girl is still in critical condition and is un-aware of her death.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I live in U.K Scotland ,Glasgow and what makes me worried is the day after this attack my girlfriends mum and sister went to see the movie in our town center and they were checking all bags and doing security checkpoints in the cinema, could this lone man actually be suspected of working as part of a global network lets hope not, I don't mean to disrespect or down play the event but it sure seems fishy.

My love and thoughts are with you and your fellow citizens in this sad time.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Sorry to hear and prayers all the way.

I'm trying to rule out any staged event; there's a difference between a staged event, a false flag attack and a genuine crazed lone gunman.
edit on 23-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I am not saying YOU, but wow, it seems an awful lot of people "Had tickets" to this show and didn't go. When I pre-purchase tickets as I did for Batman for Friday night, it tells me the time and the Theater #. I can't tell you how many articles I have read from different people who claim they "should have been there". It makes me wonder how many are trying to get their 15 seconds of fame out of something horrible. I have seen AT LEAST 5-6 articles on people claiming they were supposed to be there, and their friends with them as well and they "had tickets". so we are talking allot of empty seats to a sold out movie. When I went to the sold out showing Friday night there were like maybe 4 empty seats in the theater. So did something intervene with these people seeing the show? Or are they just wanting attention? Also I read in this article above the gun man "Kicked the door in" That is not the case. He went in with the crowed into theater 9 and went out the emergency exit and "propped it open" then 10 min into the movie returned. I am just saying...When I saw Batman Friday night I thought about all of those poor people and how their lives were were taken all to soon, and those who lived through it will never be quite the same again. Also all of the family and friends. Anyway I am glad you were not there. and you are safe, but for those trying to cash in on 15 seconds...shame on you.
edit on 23-7-2012 by kurthall because: forgot something

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm not 100% sure how long it "officially" took for emergency responders to arrive. Some news sources said only 30 seconds (WHAT?!) and then others have said 3 minutes.

I heard 90 seconds because they were so close to the theater. It's still odd, considering here in Dallas we had a house fire just down the street from the fire station and it took them 10 minutes after the call to get there.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

I'm not 100% sure how long it "officially" took for emergency responders to arrive. Some news sources said only 30 seconds (WHAT?!) and then others have said 3 minutes.

I heard 90 seconds because they were so close to the theater. It's still odd, considering here in Dallas we had a house fire just down the street from the fire station and it took them 10 minutes after the call to get there.

Yeah, watching the news today, they are saying 90 seconds. The only thing I can think of is maybe our emergency response has gotten better because of all the tragedies. There was an ongoing investigation after Columbine because it took crews forever to respond. Maybe they are finally learning to act quickly.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Can i ask a question..........how come there is nothing WE can do??? Why is it, that these "events" happen; and the "evidence" always seems to be tainted and distorted; yet, we do nothing about it??? We don't call them out, on their LIES!!!! It's almost like, we're helpless; or want to remain helpless. Doesn't ANYONE see the walls closing in? It's always the same game: PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION. Unfortunately, their "solution" always ends up being less for us...and more for them. Less freedom, more security.

Dear citizens of the world........you are PARANOID!!!!!!!!!! Stop living your lives in FEAR. It's what "tptb" want!!!! They want us to be afraid of EVERYTHING!!!!! STOP ALREADY! There is nothing to fear, but the scumbags ruling our planet!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hymenuggets

Was thinking the same thing, he seems he was up for days on adderral or something similary with mixed amphedamines, bringing delusion and sleep apnia. His court room appearance this morning he didnt know where he was and couldnt keep his eyes open. Face didnt seem at all stern and focused like it was in the AFF photo.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have a simple question about the Door. Press says he kicked the door IN.
All commercial exit doors open OUT thus making an emergency exit quick and unblocked.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I figured out what was wrong with his eyes from the moment I saw the photo.... his eyes aren't looking the same direction. Which is weird considering normally they do. It doesn't look like a lazy eye where one eye goes inward, it looks like his right (our left) eye goes OUTWARD.

Look at that uni photo. Cover one half of his face and note which direction his one visible eye is looking - do the same on the other eye. Different directions.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LOVE444

This guy must be on crack if he thinks he can pretend the Batman Shootings never took place at all, I cant believe he would try that one lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Before I say anything I would like to offer my condolences to anyone in the Colorado area, or anywhere for that matter who was affected by this horrendous act.

Now, you offer some good questions and some interesting points. The police have stated that clearly this was a "detailed, well planned, and must have taken much time, preperation, and research. I would suffice to say that if the suspect in question lived in the area, perhaps he frequented the theater, and had done several trial runs, sans firearms and body armor just to test the back doors. I've been in many different theaters here in california, and some have exits to the left or the right of the screen that are NOT only for emergency use. Perhaps the suspect knew someone who worked at the theater and casually asked that person questions without raising too much suspicion...we need to keep in mind that even rudimentary third world terrorists are sophisticated enough to do "dry" runs or test runs. The guy also could have taken photos of the theater at a prior date to assist with his planning.

I dont believe he kicked the door, I believe he calmly sat and waited until the correct time to exit stage right, throw on his gear, and grab his weapons. Possibly using a phone or device to hold the door open for re-entry. The witnesses have corroborated the story that he left and returned during a shootout scene which was probably loud enough that the people admittedly couldnt tell the difference between real and fake gunshots at first. This raises the question of how did the suspect know the perfect time to strike? Had he obtained a bootleg or illegal copy of the movie prior to its release, and timed his attack knowing that was the perfect scene??

Also, I'm curious as to how he was able to get incendiary devices, or tear gas. Has it been determined exactly what he used at first to disorient the audience? Was it simply smoke? Or a flash bang? If it was any of the before mentioned, and not a simple firework left over from the 4th, how did he obtain illegal devices? And why go through the trouble of legally buying four firearms and having to register and go through all the hooplah that comes with that? Where did the body armor come from? Is body armor easy to obtain in Colorado?

I agree, there is one thing that is suspect and reminiscent of the pentagon attack on 9/11. Where is all the surveillance footage? Was it confiscated prior to the media getting their greedy hands on it? Is there a conspiracy afoot? Or is it simply the LEO's compiling every piece of evidence for the trial to show premeditation?

As far as the eyes....I also agree. He has what I call "dead eyes" I've seen those eyes on men who have returned from war and saw too much. I have seen those eyes on serial killers. I have also seen those eyes on men who did prison time and became hardened. I believe its the blank stare of someone who lost compassion for mankind, and yes it is frightening.

Not to drag on and on, but due to the many hours of study on this website and the topics contained within, coupled with personal knowledge and experience....when I heard about this, saw the photo, and heard the details, the family life....I began to think maybe it was a MK ULTRA style experiment. Taking a shy, seemingly intelligent "NEUROscience" grad student and making him into the ultimate killing machine, with no conscience, capable of utilizing different weapon systems and nearly decimating a hundred people....

Remember Sirhan Sirhan? To this day he claims he has no recollection of ever killing RFK, and the evidence points to another shooter....Just makes one wonder if this is a science the government has been perfecting and has now taken it to an extreme.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing with us OP. I also live in the Denver area about 7 miles away from the theater. On Thursday late afternoon early evening I had only what I can describe as a panic/anxiety attack that lasted for well over an hour. I assume it was this because I have only ever had it happen one other time and that is when I started researching it.

I do think it is odd that I had this event at that time because nothing should have triggered it, but I will also concede that it may not be related at all to these shootings and just something physical happening with my body due to stress and lack of sleep.

I also wondered about the security at that theater as well, I don't believe I've ever been there but I know that other theaters I've been to in the Denver metro area don't have alarms on those back exit doors because they are used as exits after the movie is over. Unless, of course, the alarms are turned off after the movie is over which I highly doubt. Imagine the alarms going off each time someone decided to step out that exit door and ruining the movie for all the rest. Either way those are some good points you raised and would be interested to know what is up. Hopefully a former or current theater employee is a member here on ATS and could give us some feedback.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I believe something far more insidious is going on because James Holmes and Jared Loughner story has quite a few similarities due to their affliations. I have a fair idea of what might be going on but I don't think most people will believe it so I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now and see how this rides out in the coming weeks.

Could you tell us how long it took for Police and Emergency services to show up on the scene? From what I gather they took their time but that's unconfirmed.

Aurora resident here.

My mother in law was a first responder: APD Officer Annette Brook. She arrived 14 minutes after the events began.

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Also wanted to add:

What if the actual shooter got away and the suspect in custody was simply a patsy? Dressed the same and dropped off at the back door where his car was parked. The shooter was wearing a Swat style helmet and gas mask, it would be hard to discern a mans face when theres smoke, gunshots and a mask on. This would also explain the lack of surveillance footage if truly a conspiracy is afoot.

Have we not wondered this same concept with the assassination of JFK, RFK, and a stream of others?

He had all that firepower, and when police arrived he put up no fight? Told them he was the "joker" and that his apartment was rigged with explosives, and then stopped speaking altogether??

Does that not sound like brainwashing?

Brainwashed people often respond to certain cues that they've been conditioned to act on. It could be anything, an image, a song, a sequence of numbers....witnesses said he was watching the movie and then got up looking like he was taking a call. Perhaps the phone call was the trigger that got him into "character"

I'd like to see his phone records, text messages, and whether or not he did indeed receive a call at that moment and if so, from who!?
edit on 23-7-2012 by AlonzoTyper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is interesting....

Columbine and Aurora Both happened on the 20th of the month.

4th month and 7th month aka 4 + 7 = 11

Illuminati hit

7/20 aka 7 + 2 + 0 = 9

11th year since 9/11

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

My deepest sympathies to you and all that are affected in the town.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by trig_grl
This is interesting....

Columbine and Aurora Both happened on the 20th of the month.

4th month and 7th month aka 4 + 7 = 11

Illuminati hit

7/20 aka 7 + 2 + 0 = 9

11th year since 9/11

Let me take it a step further.....which is the OBVIOUS clue. It happened in Theater 9. lol

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

yes the mall security force was present minutes after due to proximity, but the first wave of responders was 14 minutes into the events.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

And possibly the trance inducing hallucinogenics he is on will ensure he never says another sane thing again in his life.

So far that has been the script.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join