It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Why do you people ask questions when you don't want answers?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Basically, he's saying nothing matters, just flow with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

Basically, he's saying nothing matters, just flow with it.

That's the part I don't understand. How does itsnowagain or anyone else bring any kind of value or worth to the table of making this a better world if nothing matters?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

We were meant to walk like Jesus, think like God, and love like the Holy Ghost. Does this make sense to you?

Yes, I can see the reasoning.

Should we become as powerful as a god we love, we will embrace and rejoice with it.

Could you explain the powerful part? Like, how can one become this powerful?

Fear is the tool of the weak.

Would God use fear against us, or even require fear from us?

Father teaches, I don't see him using fear at all. But, he will remove and destroy to teach, not to cause fear.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It's hard to explain to someone who is conditioned to think a certain way. I cannot trust that you will understand or even try to accept my explanation.

That's the price of a closed mind. Open it, and you will see.

But, he will remove and destroy to teach, not to cause fear.

And what emotions do these actions instill? Fear. And what is taught? Fear my destructive power.

Yes, to cause fear.

But I would also like to say that Jesus isn't the ONLY way, he's just a very good way. There's other ways as well...there are always ways. But some ways work better than others. Saying Jesus is the only way is like saying that road over there is the only road to the city.
edit on 21-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Freedom. Freedom to do with this world as we choose to. Unfortunately, you can see where that's gotten us.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

We were meant to walk like Jesus, think like God, and love like the Holy Ghost. Does this make sense to you?

But remember: due to our nature, threats and punishment are never truly effective. Should we become more power than a god we fear, we will destroy it. Should we become as powerful as a god we love, we will embrace and rejoice with it.

What's effective for one isn't necessarily effective for all. Based on our nature, it wouldn't be enough for us to be as powerful as God and just embrace and rejoice with it. If we even got to that point, we would be like the fallen angels and try to become more powerful than God. One would lead to the next.

Fear is the tool of the weak. Would God use fear against us, or even require fear from us? Those are the words of man, not God. To know what or who God is, you must first forget everything man has told you about God, because they know only what they want to know, and see only what they want to see.

To know who God is, you have to try and develop a personal relationship with God the way He asked us to do it. When you follow your own path, you're only given limited information to work with and only end up seeing what you want to see and not what God intended you to see.

If you are truly willing to know, then look within.

If you're truly willing to know, then LISTEN to God.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It's hard to explain to someone who is conditioned to think a certain way. I cannot trust that you will understand or even try to accept my explanation.

You must not know me. I have not been taught by man, so no outside influences or my own mind can alter me.

And what emotions do these actions instill? Fear. And what is taught? Fear my destructive power. Yes, to cause fear.

This is mans perception. He fears because of human emotion, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

But some ways work better than others. Saying Jesus is the only way is like saying that road over there is the only road to the city.

Matthew 7:13

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Nothing was ever said about how wide the road to the narrow gate is, nor how many roads lead to it.

But in all seriousness, all it's saying is that it's easy to get off track, so be careful. That's all. See how you blow things out of proportion? The people who wrote it don't talk literally. They use METAPHORS.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You must not know me. I have not been taught by man, so no outside influences or my own mind can alter me.

But the Bible was written by man. And I would call the Bible an outside influence. And I daresay not even you know how your mind works completely.

This is mans perception. He fears because of human emotion, nothing more.

I have a hard time imagining a man perceiving a burning city with anything other than fear. God uses fear as a tool; or at least, your god does.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The narrow gate is the same as the "door" that's talked about in the Bible.

John 10:1-10

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
In this moment you are no more. You as a separate individual can only appear to exist in past and future.
This moment is all there is and what is appearing is it. There is nothing more.
Then a story of me and my past and my future make a person that cannot exist because only this isness is.
Stories appear presently in and as this.

This always looks different but it is all there is. There is nothing outside of it and nothing inside of it, this is complete.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Is it possible, you could rephrase this in a different way? I am trying to follow, but to me it reads in an endless loop.

The irony of this made me LOL.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

But the Bible was written by man. And I would call the Bible an outside influence. And I daresay not even you know how your mind works completely.

I do not need the bible, others do, but not I. I only use it as a reference point when speaking on here because others require it.

I have a hard time imagining a man perceiving a burning city with anything other than fear.

Maybe others, but when I see something like this. I do not fear, I look as it as, somebody must have made Father upset.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

The irony of this made me LOL.

I thought of you, when I was writing this.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I have a hard time imagining a man perceiving a burning city with anything other than fear. God uses fear as a tool; or at least, your god does.

Maybe you haven't noticed that a certain dose of fear is healthy.

It keeps you from intentionally or accidentally killing yourself!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I still don't understand how humanity become so retarded. We have the Hadron Collider, and people still believe in an invisible man in the sky who will make everything alright.

I figured out why that guy went nuts at the Dark Knight Rises showing. He just finished talking to a Christian.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

This is what I've been trying to point out in this thread that no one seems to understand.

Humanity became retarded when we all decided to go our own way and follow our own path. I know this is hard to recognize and understand while we're all screaming for freedom and free will, but in reality, nothing good has ever come from free will. It just keeps separating us from each other.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I have a hard time imagining a man perceiving a burning city with anything other than fear.

How about interest? Intrigue? Wonder? Curiosity? Relief? Excitement? Anticipation? Trepidation? Resolve? Angst? Sorrow? Empathy? Concern? Worry? Grief? Astonishment? Enthusiasm?....I can come up with more if you like........

God uses fear as a tool; or at least, your god does.

or, maybe you're just a big ol' scaredy cat

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So you're saying the world is going to hell because mankind has freewill?

That makes a weird kind of sense, but we are fully capable of compassion to steer us back on course. The problem is, your Bible doesn't do a very good job of teaching compassion. We find loophole in everything, so we do what we want. Also, your Bible says, "Just have faith that you'll be saved." Nuh uh, we gotta kick ass and save the world ourselves.

Just to make sure it gets done. Ya dig?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join