It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco police shoot handcuffed man?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

Yeah I noticed the guy saying about them shooting him in the back, it was unnecessary as what went down was bad enough anyway.

I guess it will all come out in the wash, maybe a video of the actual incident will surface at some point. Unless what was alleged to of happened actually did happen. I've no idea why so many would make up a similar story each adding extra detail.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

are you insane sir? the guy slashed a co-worker and tried to slash a female officer? your condoning this behaviour?

Says who? The cops trying to cover their assess? There was not even one statement in that article. How can you rely on that? Wouldn't you take eye witness accounts over it?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Kind of makes you want to join so you can be a crazy asshole with them, oh, wait...That was the mentality of one of them , sorry about that. Amazing how beating, killing and harming the ones you are supposed to protect gives you a rush that no drug can mimic! It's like one of the greatest high's, but without the drugs! Amazing how we allow a bunch of addicts to beat, kill and harm our American culture, it's people and our way of life! God job allowing junkie ass killers to help ruin this country, the way the cheating ass banking system did! I'm glad i smoke weed so i don't have to be around hostile pieces of # all the #ing time! # OFF MURDERING #ING ADRENALINE JUNKIES!

here's a good link for a description of what Law Enforcement has turned into nationally and internationally:
www.jamesbauhaus.org...
womAN CALLS POLICE AND THEY KILL HER DOG:
stju.blogspot.com...
how about a game of cat and mouse with them:
www.psychforums.com...
www.copblock.org...
edit on 18-7-2012 by ATSGrunt because: correction and added

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Nvm someone posted the article..... I'm gonna go with what the article says, if they shot him handcuffed they would have said it in the article

edit on 18-7-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I'm not buying the story one bit. It doesn't even make sense! One of the witnesses says that they saw him being taken away in cuffs, so they didn't search him? lol But in the other article they say he lunged at the cop then was handcuffed.

Nah it's BS to me, they are changing the facts all over the place! Scrambling to protect their co-worker... Have you seen a statement from the victim?

Did it look like someone being taken away with life threatening injuries? They didn't look like they were in any rush to me. why?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm in the UK but I'm sure what you are saying is already being done by someone... Hopefully, but judging by the comment below yours nothing will be done...

There were several eye witness accounts here though so I'm going with them... If it didn't go down like that why didn't the police defend their position? Just walk by smiling? Sick either way you look at it!

Why the police wouldn't stop to comment should be answered pretty clearly in the last little bit of the video. You have to figure, they put up with that sort of thing every day. What would have been gained by trying, as I'll bet some new cops do at first? They'd have just been called 'Nazi pigs' straight to their face instead of being at a distance. I'd say how they can walk right by without so much as a cringe is pretty good, actually. I sure couldn't.

This is the city that has actually passed laws and resolutions on things like what a pet owner is called (Pet Guardian.
Owner is too ...aggressive? whatever) and a wide host of other things. The whole city Government is about the same. The TOP of Police Departments are political, especially in California and this would be the top of the list, even there. If cops shot a guy who wasn't posing so clear a threat that even the most 'free thinking' city councilPERSON would have done it too, they'll be hell to pay.

I'm guessing some cops may have ended their career here, unless it's crystal on the need to have done this. If for NO other reason...than the shooting of the suspect already under control in the Bart station years back. They'd likely do almost anything to avoid more unrest like that...at least San Francisco Government would, IMO.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

In that article again there are zero eye witness accounts, why?

It also says that firefighters were performing CPR as the lifted him into the ambulance... I saw a medic giving some air... Firefighters were not performing CPR.

Still at the moment I am going with the eye witnesses, at least their stories do not contradict each other.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well it seems from the eye witness accounts that they did try to explain at some point. Saying that he had a gun...

I'm glad you feel confident that there will be hell to pay if the force wasn't necessary... Hopefully there will be some justice...

One of the witnesses says he saw the guy being taken away in cuffs and didn't pay that much attention, which is reasonable... You might have a look but I'm sure he's seen a guy being taken away in cuffs before... Then he says he heard the shots...

Now there is the story of him lunging with a box cutter... Doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererumThe person filming the scene is then ranting at 2 random cops ; " you shot a man dead while in cuffs?" does he know these 2 cops shot the man or is he just holding all cops responsible?

don't know if he does, but i do. every 'good cop' that lets this kind of sh*t slide is complicit in the actions of 'bad cops'. who, by the way, are the vast majority (source - my common sense and observation).

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I think that if this had happened a few miles south in San Jose or a few miles across the water in Oakland, we'd never be sure we'd learned the truth. Anyone recall the hell raised by the daughter of the Oakland mayor over the treatment of Occupy? Well, it seemed to have had major impact on city policy. Just the daughter. Oakland is a hard city though. San Fran ..well, imagine the whole city Government being versions of that daughter. I'll bet the Chief of Police has just about heard everyone elected in that city explain how his future rests on what happens here, by now.

Stay Tuned, would be my choice for words on this. Stay Tuned with more to follow. Should be interesting to watch.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Yeah I'll defo be looking out for how all this turns out. It does strike me as odd how non of the other articles contains any eye witness accounts or even references to the guy being shot while in cuffs... Could it possibly be damage control? Maybe they (the cops) will do everything they can to try and cover their assess...

You're right we'll see I guess... Just a thought, if this was in the financial district then surely there would be CCTV all over the place? Hopefully we get to see it. Then we'll know for sure.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just on the radio, the guy has died from his wounds.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

It sounds extremely fishy, apparently they're saying he was cuffed after he was shot, and then when they realised he had actually been shot they took them off again. So how could they not know he had been shot when putting the cuffs on him? Where did they think the two bullets had gone when the gun went off?

Will this be another, I thought it was my tazer, excuse?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – A stabbing suspect shot by a San Francisco police officer in the Financial District Wednesday morning has died, police said. Police Chief Greg Suhr said from the available evidence, the officer’s actions were within policy.

Suhr said that around 10:15 a.m., the 30-year-old Cambodian man, a temporary employee at TCHO, slashed his coworker in an apparently unprovoked attack and “cut him pretty bad.”

The victim suffered defensive wounds as he raised his arm to block the attack, Suhr said...

...He went down and landed on his stomach, and officers handcuffed him—but when they turned him over and saw that he had been shot in the torso, they removed the cuffs, according to Suhr.

He was treated at the scene then transported to San Francisco General Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries...

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

I guess we'll never know what really happened. I suppose in the heat of the moment it could have happened as they say.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The falling on the stomach, then cuffing, then turning him over, then seeing that he has been shot in the chest, then de-cuffing is hard to swallow. The only thing that is consistent is that he was shot at twice. Officers always make great play that if they use a gun, it is to shoot to kill, in the head or in the chest. So what did the police think if they cuffed him while on the ground and after he was shot at, that the shooting officer got him in the pinkies?

Having said that, there has to be a waiting period to allow for more witnesses to come forward.

I am sorry that one poster here has made a case that all nut jobs should be eliminated, and none of us know the exact circumstances of what happened at any of the time, most likely neither did the police, there is something badly wrong with the police approach though.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

Go for their gun while cuffed? What, he tried to take the gun with his teeth?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
From watching the video, I believe that if the man on the gurney was alive when they put him in the ambulance, they didn't seem to care if he survived. Two gunshot wounds to the chest and they sat there for quite a while after they loaded him in. Then they did a nice leisurely drive down the street. Why rush, eh?

ETA: Thank you, ANOK for your reports of what the local news had to say.

edit on 18-7-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

If it went down like they said it did it wouldn't make sense for reasons that you have already given. They shot him then realized his wounds were worse than they thought? What did they think would happen when they shoot someone? lol

The I thought it was my tazer is a good point and that is a possibility, but then the officer still needs to be sacked for the "mistake"...

Also it doesn't change the fact that eye witnesses claim that he was cuffed and then shot...

We still have not seen this co-worker nor his wounds, pretty shoddy reporting. They didn't even interview any of the witnesses.

Any way thanks for posting the update.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by ANOK

If it went down like they said it did it wouldn't make sense for reasons that you have already given. They shot him then realized his wounds were worse than they thought? What did they think would happen when they shoot someone? lol

I was thinking maybe it all happened at once, the guy lunged with the knife, and as the cop shot him other cops were already taking him down, and in the confusion they just continued to take him down and cuff him. Then they would have stepped back and realised he was shot.

The witnesses saw him in handcuffs after he was shot, but I don't think they actually saw the shooting itself? Things like that can happen really fast.

Not trying to side with the cops, but we have to give them the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure, if we ever do.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It sounds like what happens is the officer shot him while he was not cuffed, then some idiot cuffed him because he was still alive and had been violent and uncooperative up to that point.

The official story says they cuffed him not knowing he was shot, because he fell on his face when he was shot. This would suggest that he was shot, not immediately cuffed, then somebody new on the scene cuffed him, otherwise there would be no question they knew he was shot.

It's rather unlikely they didn't know he was shot even being new on the scene though. What is most likely is that the guy really was shot for threatening the officer with a box cutter, backup arrived, the officer who shot him and the people in charge went aside to get the facts together and see to the cordoning off of the area, then somebody who was new on the scene and didn't know any better cuffed him thinking that was necessary for the safety of paramedics.

The very fact that the footage starts where it does seems to indicate this. If there had been a suspect sitting in cuffs surrounded by officers somebody would have been filming it.

Its far easier to believe that the shooting happened immediately, while the situation was developing fast and nobody could both know what was going on and have the presence of mind to film it rather than worrying about getting away from the trouble, additional officers in pursuit arrived at the same time were able to cordon off the area before anyone could film the downed suspect, and then the rumor started to spread as a crowd gathered and somebody finally got a vantage point from which they could see the suspect being uncuffed.

If anyone had actually seen a handcuffed man being shot, there would have been plenty of time to get footage of him downed in cuffs before the paramedics arrived- that's why I think nobody knew anything about cuffs until the cuffs were being removed- probably on orders of the paramedics.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join