It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Don't Know [SNIP]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Originally posted by WilburMercer
Seek all of your answers from inside. That is the only answer that is logical.

I believe everyone is born without answers or questions inside, only the tools for creating answers and questions is what nature gives us. The answers and questions come to be as one grows up after one learns all kinds of things including logic after which all other logic other humans in different parts of the world have grown up with seem illogical and from the other perspective it's the same.

Although it would be great if whoever/whatever created life left some message inside DNA explaining us our origins, the reason of our existence in dreams while we sleep at night. Until someone finds it I'd go with believing we are without truth but whatever we make it up to be.
edit on 15/7/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

Everything in existence is your answer as to what you are.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm hoping that after death on this plane, the entity that created everything we know/don't know will allow us to know the true answers. Until the creator reveals the answers, everything that "educated" man comes up with is just theory, guesses, postulation, belief, etc.. As the Original Thread Started says..."We Don't Know Squat".
-cwm

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
The Universe reveals itself to people in different ways. Reality and truth is not singular. It's all based on perception and interpretation.

So True. The Universe reveals itself only in ways that people have come to understand and accept. It may be different for each of us but unless you learn to listen, pay attention, then you will never get what is intended for you.

But for me, listening to the universe the way I have come to understand it (through dreams coincidences and symbolism in everyday life) only tells me what I need to know for my life and sometimes a glimpse in to greater understandings.

When I began my journey for truth, I quickly learned what was not true, but have found little that I know to be true, except for myself.

Maybe that is the key. Just look for the truth of who you are. There is little we can do to change the rest but we can change ourselves.

Repeat...I have learned much of what is not true, but little that is. Note my sig.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Originally posted by volafox
Now, now. Everybody knows a little #. For example... the correct ratio of # to dirt = wonderful harvests and beautiful flowers. When a star is blown to #, there results the creation of precious metals. If you put another kind of # under enough heat and pressure, you get coal, then further down the line you get diamonds. In a nutshell, know your #.

Yes we even know how to turn # into meat.

Sorry, but eeerrrkkk!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'm for ever telling people this, there is only one truth, that we don't know the truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Its quite strange really, I was thinking of doing a forum about the same thing a month ago lol. After all, you hear so much bout UFOs, but with everything Ive heard and read on here at ATS I still dont know if they even exist.
What about 2012, we have everything from dimentional travel to UFOs to ending of the world, wheres the proof or evidence of any of it. I realise now that even tho I have an open mind, I still know nothing

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Fact - provable by cross referencing
Truth - something in 'honest' perspective to the self without external conjecture

I made those descriptions up but I know there are accepted terms that say something like this.

The truth is what you "really believe". Facts are concrete descriptions.

I just wanted to put that out there. People seem to suggest that the truth is impossible to know, which is true enough.. if you can't express yourself because you don't believe in anything.

This is not a new topic. It always goes around in round abouts.
For example:
The materialist sense of facts and truths gives way to the existential, where each moment reveals it's own truth, but that truth is interpreted by our limited brain, yet it 'is was what it is', so it truly is 'that' because we say it is. Therefore we create the truth with our mind. The mind is unknowable, like a figment of our imagination, so the thoughts that create existence are not real and yet here we are... so existence does not go past the solid material world and all else is pure conjecture, and this does not support reality which appears in the materialist sense to be endless in all directions, so there must be more. Let's have a look. Who is us? We are a combined soul, consciously expressing our humanity, but also as humans, and then a bunch of self knowing cells, a mind, an energy, an intelligence, a spirit, the spirit.. we are Gods. We are one. All is one... Who am I? At any point you are the same thing regardless. What is that? It is not the self and there are no words to describe what is essentially formless, but I digress.

Everything is perfect
Nothing is perfect

Everything is real
Nothing is real.

Everything is impermanent
Everything is everlasting

Some days I'm comfortable with one, and other days the other, but never both.

In my present mind set, everything will change. The perspective you have will change. The duality of reality v unreality has no end point, so the middle point will never be found. There is no balance... yet ... that may change.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Oh and the UFO thing. It appears they are from earth. The evidence that I read about here suggests this is their home, though I never pay any attention because it's all about what people want to believe when they don't want to believe that we are alone.

It doesn't matter though. Everything is evolving and somewhat alive and infinite and conscious as we are. If you want to meet the aliens expand your consciousness and I don't mean silly mind games.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What you just described is why liberty and tolerance are so important.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion based on the facts and logic one came up with.

Every path is unique, every path is legit, tolerance and freedom of thinking, of choice, of speech.

Those are conditions we, as souls and as humans, need to live and evolve.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

i've had that feeling too for a long time too... nothing in this world is original if you get me...there is no truth outside our perception... we have named and TRIED to explain everything on the earth and outside of it... but ye know what... we are probably so wrong on so many things, it's the ego that keeps things like this... a realist at this stage would say what the op has said... we really know nothing, we are like kids here scurrying about trying to find meaning to things that are just beyond us at the moment. maybe we should fix our behaviour before we try and properly understand what's going on here

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just found these on my PC, and thought they were relevant...

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
When you delve into the spiritual/divine world, there is much you can discover in books but it all comes down to *not knowing what you know but believing what you believe.* Knowing and believing are apples and oranges.

It's what you learn from meditation which will move you forward in your soul work.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

The quest for knowledge is an arduous and tedious one, isn't it. Me thinks we will be reading many, many more of these types of threads you talk of before we see anything close to being "the real deal"
Good points though, and something that hardened skeptics need to keep in mind, as well as the lofty dreamers.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Now that's just sick. Wasn't it Sean Connery's character in one of the old Highlander movies that said " I don't eat what I cannot identify.."? That will cut out the # in that area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join