It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time my story needs to be heard

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Thanks so much for having the guts to post this. I was debating for a while whether I should touch upon this subject or not. I didn't want to ruffle any feathers and step on any toes.

But now that the can of worms is open (isn't that what ATS is for?) I wholeheartedly agree. And I do believe that Jesus knew a thing or two about yoga as well. Issa and Jeshua are some names in the far east that Jesus was known as. There are supposedly villages still today in India/Nepal areas that uphold Jesus as a spiritual master. I uphold Jesus as a spiritual master as well and attempt to learn, absorb, and utilize the teachings.

If that doesn't make me a Christian, then I don't know what does.

edit on 14-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

My BS meter is pegged. There's so many tell-tale signs that this is a fabricated story it's ridiculous. You've been had ATS
Ok story though. Writing course homework maybe?

You're welcome to question my story. I would like you as a critic to do a critic's job though. Be civil, high-brow, and give specific criticisms.

If ATS has been had...then so have I...because so many have come forward saying "this happened to me too." I don't know--I suppose it's possible that I played a humongous joke on myself and that every single poster conspired to lie to me to further perpetuate my delusions, right?

Now, there's an ATS thread that needs writing!

I am willing to clear up any confusion if you keep the criticisms civil. Star for your input nonetheless. And remember, I'm not here to prove anything or make a believer out of anybody. So, I think we'll get along just fine.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I did not even expect to see it. It was a pleasant surprise!
It only flashed before my closed eyelids for a few briefs moments, but the feeling I got from it was that, "Whichever name you choose, you are watched and loved." I believe it was to show me that there is no correct or incorrect name.

This may be my human bias and personal interpretation getting in the way, but I've learned to follow my intuition in such matters to the correct conclusion (I think!)

I understand. I had a similar experience but with a female goddess. When it flashes you have the inherent feeling of who it was. I believe these experiences are to help us in our faith.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
WOW!! Congratulations on reaching 103 flags in just 24 hours, and appearing in the most "Top Topic" category!
That is Awesome! Tells you there are MANY interested in your experience!

I see you are bombarded with posts here. I hope you will have time someday to read the posts by Alfred2012 I gave you a link to in a previous post. His post starts on page 41, and he continues with many more afterwards. I am interested to hear your feedback on his posts in my thread (and anyone else interested in taking a look).

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/14/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/14/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

edit on 7/14/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by NorEaster

Good point and I welcome your perspective. It's a fine contribution. I, too, emphasize so many times that I "feel" a presence or feel something "watching" me. I believe it is this sentience that we can sense.

But we must be careful in using this "sense" of 'otherness' to make the final judgement. In sleep paralysis, many feel the presence, see the image, and heard the voice..but it is an internal matter.

I often wonder if the belief in these extraordinary entities can be triggered intellectually (through culture) and that this belief can overwhelm the visceral DNA survival tool set that would naturally prevent such delusional "sensing"? After all, the distinction that humans possess is the capacity to overrule the DNA survival dictates. The human mind is not the human brain and often the survival of self is not the same as the survival of the corporeal body for the human mind (unlike the way that the brain would naturally approach the issue of survival). While that can manifest as an extreme disconnect between what is "needed" and what is actually helpful (drugs, misadventure, dangerous excitement) it most often manifests in much more mundane ways. Embracing a delusion as the key to ultimate "spiritual development" can definitely be one of those less extreme ways that this sort of thing can manifest in a person's life.

It requires a very discerning judgment as to what exactly is going on sometimes and whether it is internal or external. Feeling the sentience is important though.

Agreed. Perception is complicated. It's never 100% accurate, and yet it is capable of the most amazing transcendence. A gift and a curse of equal intensities.

Did you see my post about how elk and deer hunters claim that their targets often appear to "sense" them in the blinds? I believe we have a similar instinctual tool.

The deer have the same DNA survival skill set that all animals (including Homo Sapiens) have. Their DNA residual information "cloud" is shared by all within their specific species, as opposed to the Homo Sapiens hominid, which utilizes an exclusive "memory cloud" that each builds for itself. This is the net impact of its brain having developed sentience as its primary survival tool. Again, a brilliant blessing and a crippling curse of equal relative implication, but the net effect has definitely put our species at the top of the food chain.

This "group think" information cloud is really well illustrated in the North East US when the fall starts stirring the birds for migration. The swarming process is stunning, and their little bird brains get totally connected with one another in service of species survival as they do amazing areal maneuvers without any leader bird whatsoever. Human beings can't connect like that, but they do sense one another. Herd animals (like deer and elk) can also sense predators without seeing them. It's part of the species "group think" residual information cloud that serves to help the species survive.

It's really interesting when you connect "supernatural" indications to what would be the human being's own version of what all animals have as a survival DNA skill set. They say that 80% of our DNA is "junk DNA", but the truth is that this is the stuff that keeps us from walking into this corporeal realm with a completely clean slate as far as simple survival dictates. That said, we do possess the intellect that allows us to challenge those dictates when it serves us best at a specific moment. Of course, that intellect can send us down a rabbit hole as well. It's the intellect that is the wild card, but then it's also what makes us human.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OP, this was a fascinating story and funny thing is that I believe you experienced all of this. Life, this world, our experience here can be so very strange. I myself have experienced inexplicable things countless times in my life as well that I know that this life is much more than what we can normally see with our human eyes.

I am interested in knowing what "shadow people" are, as I saw someone walk across my room that appeared to be either made of smoke or a shadow. I always categorized that experience as a ghost... but maybe it was something else.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So you've been lurking on ATS for yrs but only recently decided to join and share this story? With an imagination or experience like yours, I highly doubt you could just lurk for yrs on a UFO conspiracy sight and not say anything. Some things in your OP and replies after, don't seem to add up for me, but hey whatever. Welcome to ATS anyways.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I did find some time to read his posts and he seems like such a fascinating individual. I did not get to the specific part that I was looking for, but there is still more to read on my part.

Thanks for posting your links. It is both a compliment and complement to this thread.

I have been busy doing my best to make sure everybody got a reply to their questions. I even had one person ask for my input on a short story they wrote based on one of my earlier threads! As a writer myself, I had to take a look and offer my most honest critiques and input. It is winding down now and I will be falling asleep soon.

I have only had a 2 hour nap since I posted this. I have been doing various things around the house and keeping busy. But I am overwhelmed at the positive responses I have been getting. I wanted to ensure that I would not be one of those post-a-fantastic-story-but-never-respond kind of threads.

I am doing my best to answer questions. I never imagined this thread would take off like this. I guess it's something people needed to hear? Hopefully it will help a couple of people (myself included) confront some of these unexplained experiences in the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've seen the "Michelin Man" too and I would like to compare notes. It kinda freaked me out when I read what you described. One piece suit, kinda angular and not rounded like the mascot. Similar to accordion bellows?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Go back to my introduction thread and even search through a few of my posts and threads. I dare you to find any major inconsistencies or lapses in my credibility. This is not a taunt. I am simply saying it was the time to post this thread. You will find that many of my earlier posts and threads reveal the tip of the iceberg. The iceberg has simply surfaced (what do you know, I am using Freud's analogies after all).

I know it sounds crazy and I often used to question my own sanity. But that was before I knew there were others like me with similar experiences. It all still seems pretty insane, but as another poster mentioned..we need a new definition for some of these labels like "crazy" and "insane".

Many things still do not add up to my satisfaction either. This is the nature of the paranormal and the nature of ATS. Thanks for your posts, though.

After all is said and done. People must make up their own minds. I wouldn't expect a single person to believe me unless they had similar experiences. This is why I haven't told anybody in my personal life at all. Any time I attempted to approach the subject, I was discouraged.

I simply want this thread to encourage others to confront some of these dark places in our memories with courage and strength. As I said...if they've all been had..then so have I.

I would become the joke, the joker, and the victim all in one package. I still encourage people to reserve skepticism until a personal experience changes their mind though.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterplants
worthless thread

Wow, your just jealous because no one wants to hear your story. Stop being a hater, be gone with you!!!

edit on 14-7-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Well, I would say that I'm a pretty mellow fellow most of the time and I try to always do my best by myself and others. I try to do good where I can, I'm an open and honest person and I see the good in others. My 'problem' (if it could be described as such) is that, through my upbringing, education and experience I have developed a very rational, fact-based view of the world. It is not through choice but through automatic and long ingrained behavioural patterns, lack of any actual paranormal, spiritual or otherwise unusual experience and a need for solid, varifiable evidence to form opinions, that I am unable to accept 'spiritual' concepts, the existence of a higher power or of some kind of spiritual interrelatedness of all beings and things. However, I have come to feel that, because I lack this dimension to my personality, I am missing out on a great many experiences (hence the interest in the precious comment about the necessity of both scientific study and spiritual exploration). My questions are really these: how is it possible to 'develop' a spiritual side if your mind automatically finds rational experiences for things (I have a pretty extensive knowledge of sciences and I am able to access this information pretty much straight away so, as soon as I am presented with anything unusual I am able to formulate well reasons explanations without even really thinking about it, this is obviously a hindrance when trying to explore thē more spiritual side of life). How am I to begin on a spiritual journey if I don't believe in spiritual phenomena (does this make sense?)
Also, on a slightly different note, if I have developed, through no fault of my own but through my upbringing, experineces and education, a viewpoint that cannot accept a higher power (let's say; god, as the Christian church would understand it) then how could 'god' punish me for my lack of faith?b(which is certainly what most religions say: if you don't believe, you're off to hell). I realise this is kind of off Topic which is why I said it wasn't really the place for it... I hope this doesn't affect this otherwise very interesting thread...

That is amazing! I cannot comprehend not having a spiritual side and you cannot comprehend having one. This is beautiful to me.
This is your choice and there is no God that would deny you your freewill choice (imo) to experience and learn life and then punish you for doing so.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I do appreciate you taking the time to read my post and welcoming me to ATS. I feel like your advice is sound and it coincides with a lot of the research I’ve done. Given the nature of my experiences I feel that I have no choice but to keep searching for answers. These visuals are as much a part of my life as eating and sleeping. Understanding them has become a priority in my life and I’m grateful for any clues that might lead me on the right path.

I find solace in reading threads such as this one, as I’m sure you do too. Luckily, I’ve never cared much for what others might think in regards to my experiences and I hope that any negative posts on here don’t make you doubt in what I believe is a gift. There’s no doubt in my mind that there’s more to this place than what meets the naked eye… So, (for what its worth) keep your head up!

And if you can recommend some good books or documentaries it would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Oh my gosh, I would too! Compare notes that is. This is perhaps the most strange and unbelievable part of the story and you can imagine how I felt about posting a "quadrangular Michelin Man with a smile" and box-like features and limbs.

I'm surprised nobody attacked me for such a silly description. It sounds like obvious trolling, doesn't it? I swear, I felt completely trolled when I saw it too haha.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

This happened to me as well. When I was pregnant. Almost my entire pregnancy. I would wake, one time coming out of the paralysis to see the same commercial (taco bell) was still on and i had seen the beginning of the commercial during the end of the experience. That is what made it so real to me. I saw a dark figure enter and I would be lifted off my bed and thrown around the room. NO one can tell me it was not real. I am a Christian and I believe in God and Satan, angels and demons. And I believe 100% I was being attacked by the devil. While we lived there our roomate started acting strange and would be looking disoriented walking around the house late at night. After talking to him, we find out he had been experiencing the same thing. I eventually confided in my dad who told me he had the same thing happen to him. What I saw was a dark misty figure enter my room, my dad said he had seen the small grey things and the head looked like a gray balloon. He told me to pray and ask god to protect me. I did, and have never experienced this again. I am so sorry for all you have been through. I know how insanely scary it is. I didn't want to fall asleep. And after the episodes I felt like I had a seizure or something, I would wake up but be soo tired, soo scared to fall back asleep but I could not help it. Scary.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
what an interesting story. i don't really have much to say other than i've always been afraid of ailiens. i don't know why. i have recurring nightmares about them and i will never go camping or stay in a secluded cabin in the woods. for some reason my alien fears relate to being in the woods.

You are "afraid" of aliens because of instinct. Be the same as if you were walking on a trail in the woods and suddenly a bear is standing in front of you and your heart starts to race, the fight vs. flight mechanism takes over - so you'll either freeze, turn and run, or grab a stick and attempt to stand your ground. Fear of the unknown is real for almost everyone.

As for this post - I always wondered why aliens and ghosts were nocturnal creatures who only visit people who are by themselves or only make themselves seen to only one person. Ghosts and aliens never seem to turn up at slumber parties - except in slasher movies. I'm pretty sure I know the answer - does everyone else?
edit on 14-7-2012 by flashtrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
I've seen the "Michelin Man" too and I would like to compare notes. It kinda freaked me out when I read what you described. One piece suit, kinda angular and not rounded like the mascot. Similar to accordion bellows?

Okay, here's my description. It was like it's body was a big rectangular prism. I could not see its lower body or feet but it seemed that the entire rectangle comprised its body and head in equal proportions (in other words, the body and head were continuous as if one piece)

It did appear to have hands and arms that bent at the elbow area--the arms, too, were just simple rectangular prisms.

The most notable thing about it was its smile and eyes. It was literally like someone took a sharpie marker and just drew 2 dots for eyes and a simple smile made up of one thin, curved line.

What was especially interesting about it was that it emanated a white light from itself. As if it had a giant light bulb inside of it and that the body was transparent-white. It made a couple of simple movements with its body and arms. It even blinked!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Okay, I’ve reached over 200 posts with nearly the same amount of stars. So, I think ATS deserves to know a little more about me.

I’ve read it all and it was a fascinating read.

I used to be an atheist. I remember as a kid reading the bible and thinking what a load garbage it is. I still do. Not to offend any Christians out there. Just my opinion.

But I’ve become more spiritual simply through weird experiences that started happening when I was 17. It completely changed my outlook on life, but my stories would be just as long as yours. But to be brief my experiences are similar to yours only through the sense that I suffer from sleep paralysis. Which can involve the most weird experiences that you can only relate to, if you have suffered from it too.

I have seen an orb flash in front of my face, when I was wide awake though. I have dreams that will come true in the future. Even when I think…. No……. that won’t happen……. And then six months later, it does. Which make me think if our future is already planned and there is nothing we can do about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Debunkology

I like your user-name. Awesome. I do suffer sleep paralysis frequently. I kind of downplayed it a bit in my OP because I did not want to instantaneously cause a confusion over what I was trying to describe.

The experience with the Gray Men and Hooded Entity were most definitely not sleep paralysis episodes. Many other encounters since then have been. But I never really saw those beings/entities ever again. Only in dreams. And I'm reluctant to allow dreams to enter this thread. This is not the dreams and predictions forum. It is pretty borderline though, I admit.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I read your last post and I find your point of view interesting, as far as I understand it... Basically what I'm getting from what your saying is that the phenomenon of experiencing a “feeling” or sensation that someone/ something is in the room can be triggered “intellectually” as a part of our DNA’s survival code. It’s a difficult theory to contest. On some level, I do agree with you.

However, if you're stating that ALL “spiritual” experiences that involve some type of sensory stimulation (like visuals or euphoria obtained through meditation, for example) are “delusional”, humbly, I'd have to disagree. Forgive me if I have misunderstood.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join