It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

A baby isn't alive until it is conscious. Conscious does not mean self-aware. Self-awareness stems from consciousness, not the other way around. I never stated that a baby is self-aware in the womb, I said that at some point they become conscious, when they become conscious that is when they officially have life.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
This is gonna be a short post, and I apologize for that, but I would really like some input from the soul-searchers of ATS. A realization began to come to me while I was contemplating the universe (as always, hurr durr :@@
and I came to a rather startling thought by associating two puzzling ideas.

When God identified itself, it simply said, "I am the I am." Quite possibly the only admission as to what exactly its nature is. As I pondered this, I recalled a very famous quote: "I think, therefore I am."

So what if...and I do realize this is a bit of a stretch, but WHAT IF...God was saying, "I am thought"? Well, where does thought come from? The mind. Awareness. Consciousness.

What if God meant it was consciousness? What if God is consciousness?

Think about it.

Don't think a short post is bad, it shows consideration actually.

Thoughts are a frequency of mind, this can be tested through electronics. I doubt small frequencies created through our mind would have anything to do with the creation of reality. Why doesn't eveybody think smart thoughts then? Everyone is stupid almost, at least in my state. Even the people who think they are smart don't have love for other people? They a fake blind people to spirituality.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This isn't a court of law. And i said what I meant to say. You don't know who you're talking to, nor what steps I have walked to get to where I am today. Look very carefully at the quote in my signature and reflect on that before you respond. And before going any further about teachings outside the Bible, just know I hasn't born with a Bible in one hand and a rosary in the other. I've already been on your side of the fence.

Just for starters look at the ELS codes found in just 12 verses of Isaiah 53.

edit on 17-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I never said anything about religion, I was speaking strictly of the bible.

You do believe in what the bible says and adhere to its teachings do you not? It seems as though you took my comment out of context.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Obviously you have not been on my side of the fence because I still do believe the bible holds truth in it, but I also realize that it is spoken in metaphor.

Have you ever thought that the bible is spoken in metaphor? If not, then you have not been on my side of the fence. If you have seen the bible as speaking in metaphorical terms then you would have realized it is metaphor and we would not be having this discussion right now.

In fact, I would say that I am on neither side of the fence, I am the fence itself, the middle ground.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

To be entirely precise there are almost 200 documented literary devices used throughout the Bible, not merely metaphors. What did you gather from the quote in my signature?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Religion uses spirit to push its own agenda. Even when facing the wrong direction, spirit can still work its magic. However, its effects are more positive when correctly aimed.

Too many people view religion and spirituality as synonymous. Spirituality is utilizing and studying the spirit. Religion is using that spirit to worship a fabricated deity designed to explain life and reassure the ignorant masses.

Religion is a road, spirit is the map. Unfortunately, spirit doesn't tell you where to go, only how to get there. That's why we've chosen such an...uncertain road.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Jesus, the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve, Lucifer, hell, heaven, Jesus' miracles, etc. are all metaphors for completely natural things.

Please take a look at my thread here to get my explanation.

Also, the quote in your signature means that condemning an idea before investigating it leads to ignorance on that subject. At least that's what I got.
edit on 18-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't need to. I know what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You know or you understand what I mean? There's a huge difference between knowing something and understanding it.

You can know someone without ever really understanding them.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yes, very well. Would you consider Christ's disciples and even his two half-brothers died martyrs deaths for metaphors? When most merely had to deny Christ rose from the dead to preserve their lives? Peopledo not endure torture and death to preserve a lie. Kahlid Sheik Muhammad lasted only 20 seconds when waterboarded.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Tell me about this blasphemous detail regarding two half brothers. I like blasphemy.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Have you seen the ancient mysteries thread? It has five videos on it, and either the first or the second is an amazing study if how an intelligence is behind the organization in subatomic matter, and how intelligently-controlled frequencies control the structure of our universe.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The 12 disciples are metaphors for the 12 constellations but I'm not sure about his half brothers. You keep taking what the bible says as literal, word for word fact. You are oblivious to its metaphorical undertones.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

They will if they are unknowing of the lie that is being told to them. Of course someone is going to defend his beliefs til death if they were raised to believe that and nothing else. Especially if the penalty for not defending it is everlasting torture in hell.

They don't know that what they believe is a lie. They believe they are preserving the truth, not a lie.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

And how are these 12 constellations, these 12 zodiacs, related to Jesus' metaphor? What is he a metaphor for, and how are these metaphors connected? What is the lesson there?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Also, if Jesus had brothers and sisters, who were their mothers? Mary was a virgin her whole life so that leaves her out of the equation, and if they were his siblings on his fathers side then that is impossible, because Jesus was gods only begotten son.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The metaphor is astrology. Jesus is a metaphor for the sun and his 12 disciples are the 12 constellations. The crucifixion and ressurection are a metaphor for the winter solstice, where the sun disappears for 3 days in the north then reappears. The 3 kings that herald Christs birth are the stars of Orions Belt which point to where the sun rises.

The thread I linked to earlier explains this and how I came to this conclusion. I encourage you to take a look at it.

Also, look up 'zeitgeist religion' on youtube. It gives a very good case for how Jesus is a metaphor for the sun.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

And Jesus is the son of God, right? So what's God, in this metaphor? And where did the name "Jesus" come from?
edit on 18-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

A virgin according to whom?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join