It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal visions that speak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hope someone can give me some insight on the experiences my son is having. Today he had a vision in school that was so upsetting that he left the classroom and hid in the bathroom. My son is in 8th grade and is 13 years old. Teacher found him...took him to office and they called me. I had to pick him up at school. He told me he was sitting in class and he had a vision. There was someone hanging from the ceiling from their head (not being hung by their neck). He said it would not go away so he went away. He said he is worried that he is going crazy. He is afraid something is very wrong with his brain or mind. He went on to tell me that his great grand mother visits him. He knows just before she visits. He said he gets very warm all over. She doesn't stay long but she does speak to him. He would not comment on what she said. These visions started right after she was dead. I was amazed at this because I remember when she died and I had to tell him BUT he already knew! At the time I thought he just overheard my phone conversation but now I don't think so. There are more events that he told me about but the main things are he always knows before a vision is going to happen. It can be a whole person or a blob. Some are scary and some are not. Some visit more than once and some don't. He said he used to get headaches when this happens but does not any more. He had frequent headaches 1.5 years ago and the doctors could not explain it. Should he ask his great grandmother for protection to keep these spirits away? I need be able to help my son know he is not crazy and this is from outside of his mind...not part of it. Thanks for reading my posting. Sincere replies please!

[edit on 7-10-2004 by cateyes]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
well...this is tough, many of us don't want to believe in the possibility of the paranormal or "visitations" by the dead, but I can assure you from my experience it is real enough for me to believe in and I am 29 yrs old. It is quite common for people who see spirits to know "they're coming" right before the vision or appearance of the apparition. Sometimes it's a feeling like your son describes, sometimes it is more visual, a physical change in the air and surroundings, to each is own but many will probably agree that forehand knowledge is present most of the times. You can usually sense these things.

Now I am a little confused as to "granny". Did these visions only start after her death? or has he been seeing things all along and not talking about it? I would like to think that "granny" is there for good only and not bringing any negative vibes, but sometimes in death, relations also die, or the dead could be selfish and want to bring another person "over" for their comfort or need. However if your son feels "warm" and granny talks to him and doesn't scare him, he should ask her for her guidance and protection from the "others".

As for your son's fear of something being "wrong" in his head, provide whatever assurance you can to him by letting him know that there are others like him in the world. But also being that we are in the 21st century, you can also take him to doctor to ease his fears.

Whether this will become a lifetime thing which he will always endure or something that is just happening in passing because of the death of granny is yet to be seen. Just don't have the child drugged or committed because the doctors may not find anything physically wrong with him.

But before you do any of what is suggested, find out first if there is something going on in school which could be affecting him, a bully, a mean teacher, too much work, or other "normal" reasons that may cause him to want to miss school.

good luck and I hope I've helped in some small way.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Did he tell you anything more about the person hanging by his head? What I mean by that is if he could recogonize some faction of the person it could possibly lead to an answer of why he was having the problems.

I mean, I'm no expert. But I suppose it could help anyone who is interested in learning about his condition.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
thanks for bringing that up, I also forgot to ask, did the "hanging man" speak to him? and what did he say?? or was he simply a vision?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Maybe when she gets back on...? Huh, maybe the man had some sort of writing, of writing on him, or maybe he was looking right at him and grinning, maybe he just wondered why no one else noticed. It could be almost anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this with us, it must be really hard to know how to help him,

I would add, Get him to start a book up of all the things he see's or hears so you can see a pattern or just to see how frequent this is,
He may find it easyer to write down than to tell you,

Also maybe try looking in your area for a psycic (sp) See if you can find anything out that may help him, they maybe able to give him some crystals that may protect him, You could also try getting him to ask his Angel for advice,

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would say that doing a journal is a good idea. But going to an HESP would be a bit radical. I mean, he could simply be Schitzo. It could be a different problem, although if it get's serious, you could try a religious approach. Or too much a Medical approach. Almost anything could help.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wow. Where to begin?

For reasons I prefer to be discreet about, I have come to accept and even expect the very same sort of things your son sees in daily life. I am convinced that we all perceive varying portions of reality. Your son, in my opinion, is having experiences that are quite real, albeit normally outside most peoples' perception. This ability of his may evolve or devolve over time.

With regard to whether or not he should request protection, I think the best is to leave it up to him. If he has not done so already, he may not be afraid for his safety in the circumstances. If my experience is at all representative, he will not be harmed.

It seemed like most of his stress is due to doubt about his own sanity. When I encountered this, I had the good fortune to seek the advice of a buddhist monk who was teaching at my university. He laughed and explained that this experience was quite common in the Tibetan culture. Simply the knowledge that many people are living this sort of thing might make him feel better too. The tricky part is learning to 'play straight' at school when the really weird stuff goes down. If you help your son gain the healthiest possible understand of what he is living, I'm sure he will rise to the occasion.

Finally, I might recommend Vispassana (insight) meditation to your son. Heck, I would recommend it to just about anyone. Its not based on any religion but is simply a meditation in which one observes the way the mind works.

Hope that helps; feel free to u2u me if you'd like.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thank you for your insight. I spoke to my son again. I must be careful not to pressure him to speak about his too much but he also needs a way to deal with this. My son told me the man hanging by his head did speak to him but in another language. He said when he gets the feeling that one is going to visit him he pannicks and is extremely afraid. He only has approximately 30 second warning of their arrival. He thinks they might hurt him. He is basing this thought on things he has seen on TV and websites shown to him by an adult.

I asked him when did these things start to happen and he said right after granny died. Maybe you are correct to believe she is bringing them towards him. He told me he is not afraid of granny. He said they mostly come at night. About 4 months ago he woke me in the middle of the night upset but would not tell me what was wrong.

I also that he might be having dreams from the things he viewed on the website with that adult but this seems too real for him.

I went over all the things that could happen in school (bullies, workload, etc.). This behavior has been going on for some time. It is now that I have been able to get him to tell me what is going on.

I need to tell him what to do when this happens again. The journal is a good idea.

Another thing, he asked me why do they come to visit when there are a lot of people with him (like a classroom). I didn't know how to answer him.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just the fact that your son questions his own sanity says its likely he is sane. I suppose its possible that there is something wrong in his brain but I suspect he's a perfectly normal sensitive. The fact that they come to him in more crowded environments suggests that they are not all coming to him. Perhaps, they are attatched to others present but it is only your son that has the ability to see them....

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Be Strong for your Son, and encourage him to not be afraid. Make sure he knows Sane people are the ones, who question whether they are in fact insane. The most criminially insane have little concept that their actions or thoughts are outside the realm of healthy and normal. Sane people seek insight into themselves it's how to keep in touch with their own feelings, thoughts, and motivations.

Perhaps you should gently encourage him, to speak with you about all he sees, maybe your love and wisdom as a parent can help him along. Letting him know you are there, when your needed will go awfully far, as opposed to sweeping these incidents under the rug. Just let him know if he needs to talk about it, you will lend an ear and make time for it.

I also want to stress, that you don't make him think he is weird. He's having a hard enough time, just being a kid growing up. Other children are often cruel these days, and if they smell a weirdo, they'll jump on his back in a heartbeat. I would also ask for you to consider, looking into any groups that adress paranormal spirit sightings, maybe a group with other gifted children.

I hope this is helpfull, and My Best Regards,

-ADHDsux4me

top topics

join