It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of records broken: Jet stream pulled up towards Canada, out of whack says meteorologists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I love global warming. I'll have to put the canvas roof on my boat so I don't overheat in the sun when I go fishing though.

As I mentioned in one of my posts above, technically it is not global warming, it is solar system warming - we are just getting caught up in whatever is happening to the rest of the solar system.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by syrinx high priest

We still have nine months of this solar cycle left. This is supposed to be a bigger solar cycle, we have one every four cycles. After this cycle is over we should have a lot of snow here in the Upper Peninsula. The last one was in the early sixties and we got wopped. I only compared weather patterns here with the fourth cycle because that's all I was interested in. I checked back about four "4 cycles" against any information I could find about weather. I couldn't find much before that.

It is things like this I consider when I doubt such urgency, record keep in comparison to what time is, and has been, has been very short. The earth goes through cycles, how extreme those cycles have been in the past we do not know, but I believe scientist when they say it has been extreme in cold and hot cases alike, they are the ones who see the evidence and data and issue forth the results hanging on to their careers. Who knows, if record keeping and measurement data was as accurate as it is today and applied to the 30's, maybe we would have seen a lot hotter temps then they recorded back in those days.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

As long as there are trees around they will take some of the energy out of the environment and cool things down. I hope they understand this here when they start taking all the trees for biomass fuels. This place was almost uninhabitable because of deforestation in the past. Baking hot with high humidity in the summer and blowing and drifting snow back in the early 1900s. They cut all the trees down for logs or fuel for the iron mines here in the UP before. I talked to the people who were around back then about how bad it got. Now we got a paradise and they are thinking of doing it again. I think the people up here are nuts. They don't research our local history much and if they do all they do is complain to their spouses and close friends. I don't care about the rest of the world but I would like to keep this paradise a paradise.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If you just think, "Hey, we broke all kinds of heat records. Something big is going on!" then I think you aren't looking at the big picture. Most of the records we broke for heat were from around 1988-89. Not really that mind blowing when you look at in perspective. Then before that the records go back to early 1900. It's just cycles.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can't speak for Canada, but since I live in Australia I think I've got a good idea about "climate change" and how easily we forget what the weather used to be like. I'm 39 years old and have lived in Aus all my life, mostly based in Melbourne. 13 years ago we experienced the beginning of a drought. A drought that claimed the lives and livelihood of many farmers and crop growers in our regional centers. It got HOT. Stinking hot! And dry.

I, as a child in the 1970's, remember walking to school and enjoying the crunching of the frozen grass underneath my feet and smashing the frozen ice puddles on the school oval with my feet. As a teenager in the 1980's I vaguely remember freezing my ass off when I went out to clubs and gigs at night.

In the 1990's it was the same. It was still cold in this freezing hell hole we call melbourne. As another anomaly, otherwise known as the "Y2K" bug threatened to eliminate our way of life approached (Ooooh,who shat themselves over that!), no one realized that the climate had started to change down under. It continued to heat up and dry up down under for 11 years after. I travel a lot in my job and saw Lake Eildon in Victoria go from a superb, MASSIVE lake, to a dried up paddock over a period of a few years. I saw great green fields turn to dust. (By the way, it is full again!) I saw dead livestock scattered all over the state. The Government, and the do-gooders of the nation screamed for more dams and a desalination plant. No dams came, and Victoria currently has a desalination plant still under construction.

Now it is 2012. This winter has been the coldest and wettest on record for 15 years. My 11yo child had never walked to school on crunchy grass before this year. But, I remember this as being normal when I was a child. Will he remember hot weather as normal when he's 39 and reminisce about his childhood, just as I did?

Food for thought...............

This planet goes in cycles. And none of us are here for long enough to actually realize the signicance of that. The availablility of mass media has allowed us to be accessible to more information than we were previously. And our "leaders" take advantage of this and feed us propaganda to fulfill an agenda.

Our planet is just fine. We are utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. For those of you that are old and wise enough, just have a REALLY good think about it.

edit on 9-7-2012 by jaijlee because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2012 by jaijlee because: Bad grammar!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
If you just think, "Hey, we broke all kinds of heat records. Something big is going on!" then I think you aren't looking at the big picture. Most of the records we broke for heat were from around 1988-89. Not really that mind blowing when you look at in perspective. Then before that the records go back to early 1900. It's just cycles.

Thank you, you put my point in much more simple words. My reasoning is backed by years of reading and expressing all that data in a few mere sentances is difficult. I just end up having people mis-understand me and bust my chops on a subject I actually grasp. So Thanks!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Canada shouldn't have to worry about Tornadoes too much. Tornadoes rarely form fully over forests. The trees dampen the Tornadoes enough so they don't get too bad. They will form in clearings near forests though and go into the forests from there. The reason for this may also be that the currents, geomagnetics, and geography of the area cause the Tornadoes to form in certain places and this cycle keeps these clearings free of trees naturally. Something seems to be changing though because the tornadoes have been changing their paths. Cities were built where there is little Tornado activity usually but either noone is paying attention and building in the wrong spots or the patterns are changing.

I lived for a while in Sheboygan Falls in Wisconsin. Tornadoes were common in certain areas of the farmland near the farm house I rented from a German Family. I saw many Tornadoes there and they followed trails. The farmers didn't plant crops on those trails, they were made into drainage ditches for water. I asked one of the old timers if they hit the houses there and he told me they followed the ditches. He told me once in a while someone builds in their path and they loose their house. He was chuckling as he said this. He said they learn fast that you can't put houses or crops in those places. If you plan on building a house in a farming area where there are old farmers around, it would pay to go talk to those old farmers before building. Like I said though, their paths may be changing by something we are doing to the earth. Mining may be altering the electromagnetics of the earth a little and changing things. Cutting down forests also change patterns, in the case I quoted, the farms had been there for a hundred years without much changing. People see things and learn. The people who work in offices don't see these things and learn from schools and not from regular people who see this happening.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"when a butterfly flaps it's wings"

www.myteacherpages.com...

The flapping of a Monarch Butterfly's wings can bring change to the world, but we need to have an open eye to first see the flapping of those wings and then we need to have an open mind, an open heart and be willing to give the time to want to learn and recognize the connections the Monarch has to North America and the Global Community.

7 billion people doing their things everyday, can and will affect the weather pattern, people just have to realize it, instead of doing NOTHING, because it could go VERY BAD!

The Monarch Butterfly therefore is a metaphor for the scientific theory that a single occurrence, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, can change the course of the universe forever. One can also interpret the quote as the theory that everything matters. If you change the smallest of life's details then you change its outcome.
Just as the tiny insect that we know as the Monarch Butterfly seems insignificant in the whole scheme of life, once we learn about its life, its perseverance, against everything that threatens its everyday survival, we come to love and respect an insect.

That love and respect makes us want to learn more about it and when we do, the connections that we make, will forever change the way that we view the world and those around us and hopefully open our eyes to begin working towards a better world for the Monarchs, for us, our families, our Canadian and Mexican friends across our borders, Polar Bears in the Arctic suffering effects of global warming and a changing environment, and so many more global issues.

edit on 9-7-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Im in the UK, in the midlands no less, where all the flooding and heavy rain is happening, and believe me, it is heavy! Sounds like hail, can't see in it, can't really explain it, but it's the heaviest rain i have ever seen! Its like a tropical storm, every day, for the past few weeks.

It got me thinking, this has been happening for the last few years, we've had wet summers. I wondered whether we are no longer having the 4 seasons in the UK that we used too? In some countries, they have a wet and a dry season (tends to be south american countries), but it seems to be whats happening over here.

The winters are fairly mild, a week or two of sever cold, then back to mild. Much like summer, a week or two of sunny hot weather, then back to rain and cloud.

I am no expert on the weather, but could this be plausable?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaijlee

This planet goes in cycles. And none of us are here for long enough to actually realize the signicance of that.

The former is true and the latter is untrue. Cycles are crucial, and one 25,920 year one is ending now. However, many monuments such as pyramids were built around the world thousands of years ago to help us understand the significance of this, this article explains the 25,920 year precession of the equinox:

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

It's talked about in here as well but you'll have to dig for it:

divinecosmos.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Thank you for the links. I have had a quick look at them but I am dog tired and will have to revisit this tomorrow :-) I will get back to you, I promise.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jaijlee

When the earth heats it triggers a response to automatically cool it. It appears that it is working properly around you in Australia. I researched the glaciers a few years ago and the South pole seemed to be melting but some of the glaciers in the mountains of South America were expanding. That follows a trend that I feel is probably a correction that is normal for the earth.

This does not seem to be the case here in North America though. I don't understand why. I have a hunch the colder weather and glaciers may start to grow near Europe again. This would be a pattern that would follow history. I only researched this for about two weeks by information. I found on science sites on the net which is just a drop in the bucket of what others do. One of these researchers that compare worldwide tendencies would be interesting to discuss this with. I think it's more of a change in the geomagnetics that causes a problem. Mining crystal formations has more influence on weather than global warming in my mind. Removing mineral deposits that conduct electrical/magnetic currents to the atmosphere can cause changes in weather patterns and atmosphere resulting in global environmental changes. Some of these changes can be good or bad. Also the electrical and magnetic currents going through trees in forests could effect things if changed. Dry land in clearings restricts flow of energy while damp conditions in forests accentuates current flow.

I'm no expert though, I just try to see things and evaluate what I see. My little piece of land here has taught me lots by observing what I see and studying to try to explain to myself what I am seeing. We are also draining many underground reservoirs and wasting the water which causes a change in the earths geomagnetics. Too much change in a short time can have detrimental effects. A hundred years is a very short time when dealing with the earth. Even a thousand years is a short time.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

I'm from New Brunswick, Canada. It's on the east coast and borders Maine.

The city I live in is fairly inland but split in the middle by a river. Because of the valley, it tends to get quite humid here.

Well, before the spring officially started, we already had a few days of 30+ (Celsius) weather, which kinda through us all for a loop. These past few weeks, about in tune with the crazy weather down towards the DC area, we've had insane humidity. The other day it was 28c (38c with humidity). We don't normally see these temps til late july and august, so right now it's already been an epic summer, if not super hot.

Side note, because of all of this, and the storm systems that moved in, we had a massive rainfall the other day that while only lasting around 20 minutes, completely flooded one of the streets downtown. I didn't really believe this til I saw the photos of a car almost submerged in it.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The rest of the solar system is not warming..
2nd line

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I hope this early spring and summer doesn't mean we are going to have a real early winter. I gotta get my winter prepping done in September just in case. Maybe snow will come and stay in Early October this year....brrrrrrrr...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here in the Northwest Uk, we've had a month's worth of water in two or three days.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here's another link which may confirm the OP's idea of the jet stream shift.

‘Our weather is really stuck in a rut because the jet stream is further south than it should be at this time of the year – over France and northern Spain – and we are under a blanket of low pressure on the northern side of it,’ he said.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is interesting. Here in Texas, last year we had record-breaking heat and drought conditions like never seen before. So bad in fact, that people were talking again about global warming and cities and towns all over Texas were making emegency plans for water, some places starting running out of water. I think the contingency planning is an excellent idea, but they starting listening to plans by the "experts", that claimed this was only the beginning of a extended, ten year drought. I can tell you that this past spring, the rain starting falling. There are a few areas of Texas that are still in the drought, but many have returned to normal. We have not had the same record-breaking heat this year. Rain is falling in Texas all week. The 100 degree days are much fewer this summer.

My take on this, is that experts can only forecast so much. Texas is doing exactly the opposite of what they predicted this year. Solar activity appears to be a factor. Earth's climate cycles appear to be a factor. Nobody can say for sure what the weather will do, they estimate. These extremes should not be used to fuel the global warming craze, but it probably will.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Looks like there are a few of us here from Fort Worth. Summers always suck here. I work outside everyday and everyday I dread it, but yes it's normal for us here. There are times I'm like, damn it's hot...but that's pretty frequent.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by becomingaware
Looks like there are a few of us here from Fort Worth. Summers always suck here. I work outside everyday and everyday I dread it, but yes it's normal for us here. There are times I'm like, damn it's hot...but that's pretty frequent.

I am a few hours south of you, and yes, summers in Texas suck. But it is cooler than last summer so far. I will be in Seattle next month, and I won't want to come back until the end of October. At least our economy is in decent shape here, and it is still pretty cheap to live in our state. Makes it worth it IMO.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Weather manipulation

I have been watching it for about 3 years on google earth now. When the gulf oil spilled started they changed it, i made a thread about it a while back. They really started playing with it after Japan, 3 days after I saw a huge dramatic change. The air was blowing from japan over the US now it loops around in Alaska witch is why we are hearing about radiation in Alaska and in some parts of Canada. We wear getting air stream from the celbes sea, across the US now we are getting a jet stream of air coming up from mexico. If you look at Japan right now on google you can see that the main jet stream skips around Japan, it used to cross right over it.

edit on 9-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join