It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God love Satan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If we take this verse:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.

We know that God is love, so the question stands, does he love Satan?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

We know that God is love, so the question stands, does he love Satan?

Is this assuming Satan exists? I think if God is love, Satan would be the opposite.
And did God create Satan? If he created everything and everyone, he must've had his reasons. I really dislike calling God "he"...as I don't think God is a person. And, I think Satan is a construct of organized religion, and therefore is not "real".

edit on 8-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You say God is love and you talk about satan. So your referring to the christian God. If so then God is not love God is a person in the havens.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

And did God create Satan? If he created everything and everyone, he must've had his reasons.

To you: If he created Satan, would he love all that he created? Even if they did wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Have you ever read "Memnoch the Devil" by Ann Rice? I realize that it is fiction but it is written with such logic that it would be so easy to place it into the realm of possibilities. I am not referring to the vampire section but the descriptions of the fallen ones and their purpose as well as the purpose of Hell. If one takes it into consideration as a possibility or a logical explanation then Yes God loves him very much. If you have not read it and wish to understand what I am going on about lol here is a link to the PDF www.marius-deromanus.net...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

If we want to think of God as Father, then yes, he would. Healthy parents love their children unconditionally, faults and all. I think that being a parent gives some real eye-opening assistance to thinking about God. Your kid gets in trouble -- you see him through the trouble, while being supportive and not abandoning him.

Children become wayward...as they mature. If we are all part of God's creation -- we are all his children -- and if God is love, he will not send any of us to eternal suffering. He'll send us back to learn again. Remedial retraining.

But again, God is not a person. And "wrath", "revenge" and "punishment" are human traits.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I think all of Ann Rice's vampire work is worthwhile philosophical reading.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If they actually exist they are definitely business partners

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Does God love Satan?

About as much as he loves us...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If he was real, of course he'd be loved.

Which is also why an eternal pit of hell doesn't exist either.
edit on 8/7/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yes God loves Satan... that doesn't mean He approves of Satan's actions and didn't punish him accordingly because if you truly love someone or something you have to hold them accountable for their actions otherwise you're enabling and thereby condoning their misdeeds...

Satan is not evil... he is a creation of God and all God creates is Good... Satan simply is "Good deficient" due to the fact that God gave him free will and his jealousy caused him do things that went against God's will...

You love the sinner not the sin...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Someone once said, (more or less, too lazy to google) that we pray for everyone sins, yet we don't pray for the biggest sinner.

I think he (LUCIFER) has bigger issues with us humans, Pride and jealousy cos we were created by his Father. And he wants to prove The Creator he was right, Sad thing is us humans don't have the faith to prove The Creator created us as awesome beings, (and He did, we just chose/choose not to be spiritual beings and blame The Creator cos we are lazy and look for all excuses) so we just destroy that which He created as awesome. We are awesome, yet we love sin too much.

If there is no absence of good, what will be present?

To me, i believe The Creator can do what He wants, If He chooses to forgive, i will have no beef, Is that not what life is about. Love. Albeit, we not getting any breaks from oppression. There is a big army out there to ruin us, or are trying to. It is a spiritual warfare unfortunately, and we need to be alert
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes, God is love.. but lets not forget that Father is also Holy, Righteous, and perfect Wrath either.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Understood. But, does he love Satan, while keeping him separate from all?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

I'd assume He loves him, but there is no chance of redemption for him, the 1/3rd, the nephilim or the rephaim. He (Father) hates wickedness and rebellion, and even if He loves Heylel He loves His elect as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

How about this... you have a son... and what he loves more than anything is molesting children... would you not be showing love for not only your son but the children he would victimize by keeping your son separated from them...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I'd assume He loves him, but there is no chance of redemption for him, the 1/3rd, the nephilim or the rephaim. He (Father) hates wickedness and rebellion, and even if He loves Heylel He loves His elect as well.

Yes, I am no way advocating they will be forgiven.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked

How about this... you have a son... and what he loves more than anything is molesting children... would you not be showing love for not only your son but the children he would victimize by keeping your son separated from them...

I understand this, my point about the separation was to clarify my question.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Yes, I am no way advocating they will be forgiven.

Nor can they, Christ never incarnated as an angel to die for their trespasses.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
One difference, for me, is that Satan is generally considered to be a fallen angel. They are a different type of creation from mankind. People are his "children," angels aren't. I don't know what the relationship is between God and the angelic sphere, but I think it's reasonable that His love for them would be different than His love for us.

I don't think that New Testament "love" passages should be automatically considered to refer to angels any more than they do to rocks, trees, jellyfish, or dolphins. For me, the question is "Does He love us?" I think so, and am a little less concerned about His feelings towards angels.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join