It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So your single? You can’t possibly be normal.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

It is a conundrum sometimes, like choosing having your left or right hand cut off. At the end of the day I do sometimes wonder if the right one is still out there, but it fades pretty quick. I just keep myself busy.

I think it's about learning from your mistakes, and sometimes the best option is not to.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

It is a conundrum sometimes, like choosing having your left or right hand cut off. At the end of the day I do sometimes wonder if the right one is still out there, but it fades pretty quick. I just keep myself busy.

I think it's about learning from your mistakes, and sometimes the best option is not to.

Yeah i just miss the sex and the cuddling, sharing a mocha, extended make out sessions.......ya know....

And i edited that last post after you replied

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I've never "tweeted" nor used FaceBook in my life. I know people that think that is strange as well.

Maybe being your own person is the new eccentric?

If the internet or phones services went down somehow, you'd see people who don't even know how to communicate with each other.

It has been my experiance that I meet my girlfriends when I'm not really looking for one. I've been single for some time now and literally every date I have been on has involved a married woman. Of course I didn't know they were married originally and once I found out break it off.

It has a tendancy to make one cynical when meeting someone new.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

You do get over it. I guess I just weigh up the good with the bad, and staying single just comes out on top every time.

All I can suggest if you are keen on this woman, and she is available, is be aloof. Act like you don't care. They seem to come running every time I do that.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I use failbook, but rarely. To type something there is a pretty momentous event

We seem to be set into a type hey? I always seemed to go for the users and the ones who wanted status, which always sent me broke. So I can relate.

My best advice is be blunt and up front. It may seem harsh to do, but it gets results and honesty.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You do get over it. I guess I just weigh up the good with the bad, and staying single just comes out on top every time.

All I can suggest if you are keen on this woman, and she is available, is be aloof. Act like you don't care. They seem to come running every time I do that.

I've noticed this behaviour in woman I've dated as well. What's up with that? I prefer to be honest and upfront with the one I care about so when I've done this tactic, it always felt weird and wrong. But it always worked.

Is there a woman on this thread that can posit a response as to why this works?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I can't understand that one either... Must be something to do with women being a different species or something..

I actually hate being that way, it just doesn't suit me. But I hate to say it when you treat 'em mean, they seem to respect you when you are an ass. I never understood that.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Haha, the girl im talking about seems to feel the same way we do. But i agree,it feels wrong to not be honest. And why are women always pulling stupid # just cause theyre women? my ex refused to have a job and lied about pretty much everything.

I had a female customer say i sexually harrassed her a while back. I told her i wanted to be a photographer. I tyink i nay have said she was pretty the day before but. Of course they always embellish the story. So my terminal manager told me she said i wanted to take naked pictures of her and she had to kick me off her companies property and now the management there banned me from the plant. Wha? i wasnt even into her like that lmfao. My manager pretty much believed my story and says just be careful. I went on a rant about women with him haha.

And whats up with women that want us to work 80 hours a week while they sit on their lazy ass doing nothing. No, just hell no. Sure i have money but i basically give my whole existance to work for weeks at a time.....

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
And wtf is with women who wont be my friend anymore cause they found a boyfriend? What kinda # is that? One girl a while back let her man go on facebook tellin me how ugly i am blah blah. Huh? I dont give a f. My ex a while back, let her new boyfriend go off on me and blah blah blahhhhhhh apparently im just a horrible man lmao these people are almost 30 and still live with mommy.

Or they just let him answer the phone to give me the hint

Then theyll be single again and try to talk to me. Im like umm....no.

The one thinf they never do is tell the truth

Then theres these hoes that try to tell you you raped them later when they regret bangin you

You know what, i dont like women. Why do i have to have sexual desires at all?

Im also psychic and they dont seem to like it when i tell em what theyre thinking lol...
edit on 8-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

They are a strange species, that is for sure....

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

We seem to be set into a type hey? I always seemed to go for the users and the ones who wanted status, which always sent me broke. So I can relate.

Well, there's your problem, right there. Why do people (men AND women) keep going for the same type that makes them miserable? I never got that.

It is possible to be happy with someone, providing it's the right someone. That's not to say that any relationship is going to be perfect. There is no way for two people to live with each other and not ever have an issue or two -- but if both are willing to work through those issues, and if there is some love and affection there -- it can and does work.

I was single until I was 39 years old. I was happy being single, because I never found a guy that I knew I could live with, and I wasn't willing to settle. I was happily independent, successful at my job, owned my own home, and wasn't "desperate" to be married. And yes, I had a married friend who kept trying to fix me up. I asked her why, and she said, "Because I don't want you to be alone in your old age, with no one to help you."(no husband, no kids, etc.)

I kept resisting her attempts, until I finally caved in, and went out with the guy. Well, I met my other half, and we have been happily married for 13 years this year. I knew in the first date that this man was different than any of the other men I had gone out with. He was the right one for me. He didn't have any money when I married him, so it wasn't for money or status. What do I love about him? He's smart -- crazy smart, and nothing turns me on more than intelligence. He's deep, not shallow -- I hate shallow in both men and women. He comes from a eerily similar background as me, so we understand each other perfectly.

I am so glad my friend insisted I meet this guy. While my life was fine when I was single, and it was certainly less complicated back then - I wouldn't trade my "messy and complicated" life now for anything!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Single by choice is often a choice most people don't have the strength to make.

You might find this old thread of mine interesting...

Could You Be Celibate?

I have never been so happy and secure for so long, 10 years now.

ps..living a simple life and being an individual keeps gold diggers away and those who like to control the world around them because they cannot control their own.

Have fun.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I've noticed this behaviour in woman I've dated as well. What's up with that? I prefer to be honest and upfront with the one I care about so when I've done this tactic, it always felt weird and wrong. But it always worked.

Is there a woman on this thread that can posit a response as to why this works?

I am a woman, and I have no idea why the women you know respond better to jerks. I, myself, have always preferred that a man let me know if he was interested in me. Now, I have had stalker-type men harass me -- and that is pretty creepy, so there is a boundary that one shouldn't cross. By stalker, I mean someone who calls you 3-4 times a day, shows up at your workplace multiple times a week (uninvited), follows you around everywhere, etc.

Again, I think you guys may be hitting up the wrong women. There's got to be some decent girls out there who aren't into total game-playing. Maybe they aren't drop-dead gorgeous, so they don't interest you?? I don't know, but when I was single, I had many single girlfriends. Some of those girls WERE into playing games and trying to find the guy with the most money, but there were also girls that weren't into that at all. I know they exist... because I was one of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I come from your other end of the story, I'm the # person who tries setting people up.

I fully understand what you're trying to say, and see how it is embarrassing for others. But I think the way we see things is... "This person in my life brings me a lot of happiness, and I really enjoy the moments only this person can bring, so we know you're single and just want to 'help' give you the same thing".
It doesn't come from being egotistical or insecure, as others suggested earlier. It comes from just wanting to do a good thing for someone else. It's just a bit of a shame that we don't always take on board your stance on relationships.

I know its narrow minded, and we maybe think you're being a bit... guarded or just flat out lying when you say you're happy about being single. But, ya'know they're your friends and they're just trying to help, even if its a bit embarrassing.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
Your single status to your coupled friends who try to hook you up with other singles represents doubts they have about their own relationship status. They see you as you are and then begin to question there lives, for others you appearing to be happy in your single state makes them angry as they beleive you should be as miserable as they are.

Missery loves company?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

haha thats true. people are unique. we are not made with a cookie cutter. some people want and need to be in a relationship, and others dont. its good to see people doing the later with no regrets.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
7 years single here, couldn't be happier
Yes people look down on me, spread rumors that I'm gay...etc...f___'em!

I watch what I want on TV, Go where I want to go when I want....
It's basically what I've wanted all my life!
Too bad I was too scared to do this 30 years ago, But with age, comes wisdom....

The only company I really need is my little dog....
(and sometime I wonder about HER)!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You may have have got this reaction already but...
Most married couples want single people to be at least as miserable as they are.
America is coming around to the idea that gay couples should have the right to fight for control In a relationship and be as stifled as married couples as straight couples.
As usual lots of exceptions apply to the above statements, mostly by those in a happy marriage who want to rub your nose in it. Lol
Basicly people see patterns in everything and make pairings. To them you are a problem to be solved.
I'd respond by saying there are many paths to happiness and mine is no less valid than yours.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
people get offended when you tell them you want to stay single. your basically telling them that the greatest thing they've ever known isn't enough for you.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's absolutely AWESOME to see so many happy singles in this thread.

Most of you sound quite ecstatic that life is so peachy, and I agree! I know what you mean when you say "misery loves company". I'm so miser..........wait, my lovely Mrs is trying to drag me into the bedroom again

Oh well.............

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join