It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human existence on Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Why is the adam and eve scenario false...? You think we evolved from monkeys?

Why is it true? You think a magic sky man poofed humans into existence?

No, not a magic sky man... I think if science said Adam and Eve where created by some huge (God particle) or whatever, atheist would believe it. And if the Bible said we evolved from monkey's, atheist would call BS. I cant tell you why it's true, either you believe or you dont.

I said magic sky man, because it is a silly sounding idea, just like evolving from a monkey is. Man and chimp share a common ancestor 7 or so million years back, that doesn't mean humans came directly from monkeys. Your statement showed a misunderstanding of evolution, which is why I intentionally showed a misunderstanding of religion. What science says is that the human race never dipped below 10-15,000 individuals that could reproduce. It's in our genetics, and if it wasn't true there would be little to no genetic diversity.

I don't need to believe anything. Logic says go with the choice that has mountains of scientific evidence behind it.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by dayve

We would all be inbred, for one thing... who would Adam and Eve's children have mated with???

It says it all in the bible, who mated with who. Their sons and daughters mated with each other, cousins, nieces and so on... Just like Indians do to this day... Regardless if you believe we evolved from monkeys, some way or another that same species would have mated with its relative one time or another.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Why is it true? You think a magic sky man poofed humans into existence?

No, not a magic sky man... I think if science said Adam and Eve where created by some huge (God particle) or whatever, atheist would believe it. And if the Bible said we evolved from monkey's, atheist would call BS. I cant tell you why it's true, either you believe or you dont.

I said magic sky man, because it is a silly sounding idea, just like evolving from a monkey is. Man and chimp share a common ancestor 7 or so million years back, that doesn't mean humans came directly from monkeys. Your statement showed a misunderstanding of evolution, which is why I intentionally showed a misunderstanding of religion. What science says is that the human race never dipped below 10-15,000 individuals that could reproduce. It's in our genetics, and if it wasn't true there would be little to no genetic diversity.

I don't need to believe anything. Logic says go with the choice that has mountains of scientific evidence behind it.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

Their would be diversity, if they lived as long as hundreds of years and you had hundreds of people breeding.... But, maybe we are looking at it all wrong, They could have been monkeys.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Would you call an Australian Aborigine a sub species? A black man from Africa? No, you call them all Homo Sapiens. But there is more difference between a man from Norway and an aborigine than there is a cave man and neanderthal. Be consistent with your racism or let it go. If you start calling humans, even extinct ones sub species what is to stop you from doing it to ones not yet extinct?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Hilarious. How do you see racism in his post?
Do some reading, Homo sapiens include Homo sapiens idaltu an extinct sub species.

The only true question is whether Homo Sapien Sapiens (modern man) are worthy of being the sole survivors in the genus Homo?

Sadly we shall never know.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I agree. ..partially. Do you have any more explanations why you believe that?
The land here is part of the earth. It's alive and part of Nature. I also wouldn't understand how anyone would be able to move CONTINENTS across space. If you believe that God created man and woman, then you believe in the bible.

The reason we are all different is because "The Tower of Babel." The story says that all off humankind were able to communicate with each other. They wanted to built a tower very high till it touched God. Apperantly, this made God mad and punished man kind by changing their languages. Now they could communicate with each other due to the various languages. Since they couldn't communicate, they all went their separate ways. That is why we are different, according to the bible.

Of course there are different theories too. After humans reproduced they just went their own way. For example, people who lived in Africa are dark because it is always sunny there. Maybe back the. Pangea hadnt occurred and all the continents were together. Once they separated, the continents broke apart. People in Europe are white because the sun wasn't as hot neither.

These people the castrated having their own religion. As we know, humans have always needed a religion to depend on. Sconce we are scared of death and don't know where it takes us, we search religion to support us and "tell us the truth." I'm not saying its wrong but we grow up believing everything religion teaches us.

Religion back down was better: Pagan. They worshipped the sun, the moon, water, etc. Now religions worship wooden lifeless idols. They are also hipicrits too. God is real that's for sure just that people don't realize it and can't accept it yet.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Human existence started over 5 Million Years ago in one form or another. The fossil records go back that far and we are still finding more. Genetic Diversity as well as the Mapping of the Human Genome has given us a very clear picture about the History of our evolution from where we are now and how we evolved from a Single Celled Organism.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
reply to post by Barcs

Would you call an Australian Aborigine a sub species? A black man from Africa? No, you call them all Homo Sapiens. But there is more difference between a man from Norway and an aborigine than there is a cave man and neanderthal. Be consistent with your racism or let it go. If you start calling humans, even extinct ones sub species what is to stop you from doing it to ones not yet extinct?

I think you may have missed the point. Classification of species and sub species is merely that. Labels that science uses to categorize the wide diversity of genes. Subspecies isn't a racial slur and it definitely does not mean a "lesser" species, or whatever you're trying to imply with a racism accusation. It simply means that they are slightly different, but they are still homo sapiens since they can reproduce. Everybody can be cataloged into a sub species category. There's no such thing as a pure bred 100% human. Things change over time.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

You think we evolved from monkeys?

Don't think anyone beleives that do they?

Humans differ in appearance for the same reason dogs and chickens and cows all differ in appearance

Come on, you're joking, right?

What about similarities between wolves and dingos. What about similarities between chickens, turkeys, pigeons... What about similarities between cows and buffalo; or horses and zebras?

And you can't see similarities between apes, chimps, and humans?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Sorry, Storm. You're multi-planet, intelligent life swooping down here to colonize earth idea is just too organized for me. What's wrong with the idea that life reached here via living cells buried in meteors? It's the same idea, just not so deliberate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join