It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yes, when you take a combination of those idea, those groups are at increased likelyhood for radicalization and extremism, that makes them "suspect". This report was about warning signs and things to look out for as an agent. They are not saying "if you believe in this, your ARE a terrorist". They are saying though, that these groups should be watched carefully, and I don't necessarily disagree that such groups do pose a higher risk of danger, as all radical groups do.

Next, what you're talking about, while you may see it as "what the founders intended" and "our rights as citizens" it is still without a doubt terrorism. Anytime you're going to use violence to force your political beliefs on the country, that is terrorism. Those government officials, those who work for them, and those who protect them from physical danger, would all be the victims of terrorism. You can see it however you like, but violence against people to effect political change is essentially the very definition of terrorism.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Glue sniffers with ipods and cell phones cry the most.

Im I worried?
No.

They should lable them as retards.

When there not crying ,they admire there 1000 dvd/cd collection and pissed off at those who make 100k a year?

What do they want?

They want change,but what are they gonna change being themselves?
ZILCH.

Im low income,Im not pissed off at the world!
Yea,yea,,,lets all worry now on this thread.

Going to eat dinner and see ya later.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
I am, but not if it's all in vain. That's my greatest concern.. and it would be, so I do nothing but read and 'talk', which leaves me feeling empty, embarrassed, and helpless. And yet, surely I'm not the only one

No, the majority (including me) do the same. I have speculated that we could overturn the corrupt government today, and establish a new one, and due to the general population's apathy, we would be back on the path to submission eventually.

We are facing a world population with minds that are like putty who are too easily manipulated. I am cynical because I need to be. This world is chock full of thieves and liars. How else could one function with sanity if not to be cynical? In fact, I try to "doubt test" everything. I try to see it in at least two ways, to figure out its function. If I thing some thing or someone is good, how might they possibly be bad? And then, I try to come up with ideas. There's almost always reasons that someone could be tainted or the story could be seen from another angle.

Anyway, the point is that I have given up on the world and Americans. They don't want things to be fair. They rather be content with unfair conditions. (Someone I spoke with today said he realized things were unfair, but "that's the way things are.") What a copout, an excuse. That is exactly the reason why these guys and girls up top get away with everything. People have given up. Well, as a small minority spread out too far, we are too outnumbered. Welcome to the happy fascist state. I say "happy" because it is set up so that people can be 'happy' while remaining in submission to these punks.

Anyway, sorry to be such a downer, but nothing sort of a revolution will save this country, and good luck convincing everyone else we need one.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

so, based on your opinion stated here ...

You can see it however you like, but violence against people to effect political change is essentially the very definition of terrorism.
that would that make President Lincoln and/or Martin Luther King Jr, the most celebrated Terrorists that this country has ever embraced ... is that really your opinion here ??

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Edited...You are hopeless and likely a government shill.

Jaden
edit on 5-7-2012 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyMN
Glue sniffers with ipods and cell phones cry the most.

Im I worried?
No.

They should lable them as retards.

When there not crying ,they admire there 1000 dvd/cd collection and pissed off at those who make 100k a year?

What do they want?

They want change,but what are they gonna change being themselves?
ZILCH.

Im low income,Im not pissed off at the world!
Yea,yea,,,lets all worry now on this thread.

Going to eat dinner and see ya later.

OFF TOPIC NOTE:

You're in Minnesota, and low income? Get over to North Dakota> www.oilcareers.com...

Plenty of middle income jobs for both sexes.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

oh screw you dhs. i'am the extreme right winger, and your the TYRANTS...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

so, based on your opinion stated here ...

You can see it however you like, but violence against people to effect political change is essentially the very definition of terrorism.
that would that make President Lincoln and/or Martin Luther King Jr, the most celebrated Terrorists that this country has ever embraced ... is that really your opinion here ??

This may be one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a long while. Martin Luther King Jr. was specifically against violence to enact change. As for Lincoln, if you consider the act of war against another country to be terrorism, I guess you could say we were all terrorists, but I think that nations going to war is a bit different than terrorism. Still, I have no idea how you came to the idea violence to enact change= MLK Jr.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I guess this means I need to start looking for some good "cave property".

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

hmmmm, never studied much American history have you?

This may be one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a long while. Martin Luther King Jr. was specifically against violence to enact change. As for Lincoln, if you consider the act of war against another country to be terrorism, I guess you could say we were all terrorists, but I think that nations going to war is a bit different than terrorism. Still, I have no idea how you came to the idea violence to enact change= MLK Jr.

his speeches were but his actions tell a very different tale.
which "other country" did Lincoln declare war upon ??
was there a "south" American country that isn't reported in the history books?

do tell, which "nations" are you referencing?
perhaps if you study some real history, instead of the govt sponsored stories of same history, maybe then you'll understand why patriotic Americans (like MLK) understood and preached that words MINUS action are still just words.

ETA: i'm guessing you know nothing of MLKs calls to "action" ??
i would suppose you perceive a "strike" is nothing involving "civil disobedience", right?
also, since Lincoln was POTUS, he had a "right" to militarily invade the southern states, correct ??

edit on 5-7-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Man, by the time these swine are finished manipulating legislation, the only people who won't be terrorists is the lawmakers and enforcers themselves. They might as well kill us all now because they sure as hell aren't going to be able to build enough prisons to keep us all locked up when the final law is passed.

I really don't see what they hope to accomplish here. This is inevitably going to lead to unjust arrests, followed by mass dissension and probably rioting, followed by us (ordinary citizens, whatever your class) all being killed or locked up - assuming the billions of us don't overthrow them first. They're digging a hole so deep that the only way out will be through the other side of the god damned planet. And you bet your ass we'll be waiting on that side, too!
edit on 5/7/2012 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The real Irony is that it's people from that generation that have helped mold the world into the way it is now. Do you think all of those people that were 18 in 1968 just disappeared?
No they turned into the politicians / business owners / bankers / stock brokers and everyone else that oversaw the Reagan / Thatcher years and made everything in the world about profit.

All of their peace and love ethos got thrown out of the window when they got the chance of owning a Porche and a house

Damn hippies

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So people who like their individual liberty are bad people? I don't comprehend? What are they thinking? Don't they only say things like this when they want a civil war? I'm so confused....Obama got change all right, stpd n*g.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

The report takes its definitions from a 2011 study entitled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism, produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, in which the following characteristics are used to identify terrorists.

- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;

- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;

- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);

- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;

- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;

- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”

These definitions are literally some of the most scary and despicable (and patently false) collection of words I have ever seen. The fact that these words are coming from DHS (the agency which recently ordered 450 million hollow point rounds for use against the American people during civil unrest) is no more surprising than it is sad and disgusting.

It has been over a year since I last posted on ATS and only because of this absolute sham of a "study" which amounts to no more that tax payer funded propaganda did I feel the need to "chime in".

Yep. I'm on the list. Exactly where I belong. BECAUSE I'M A FREEDOM LOVER DAMMIT! And Proud of it!
edit on 6-7-2012 by americatimebomb because: typos

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well the only people who aren't terrorists are apparently the people who actually walk in line with every restriction placed upon them by government and our society today, and there are so many that it really keeps us from being able to express ourselves.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Or just don't resort to violence and destroying property? It might not keep you off terrorist watchlists, but it will keep you from BEING a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
his speeches were but his actions tell a very different tale.
which "other country" did Lincoln declare war upon ??
was there a "south" American country that isn't reported in the history books?

do tell, which "nations" are you referencing?
perhaps if you study some real history, instead of the govt sponsored stories of same history, maybe then you'll understand why patriotic Americans (like MLK) understood and preached that words MINUS action are still just words.

ETA: i'm guessing you know nothing of MLKs calls to "action" ??
i would suppose you perceive a "strike" is nothing involving "civil disobedience", right?
also, since Lincoln was POTUS, he had a "right" to militarily invade the southern states, correct ??

Action is different than violence. It would do you well to appreciate that. I never said his core philosophy was against action, I said it was against violence.

The south was most certainly a "nation". While it was never formally recognized as such, it had a federal government, president, capitol, and the only reason it never got officially recognized and supported was politics. The confederacy considered themselves at war with another nation, while it was the union that essentially voided the idea saying they were never a nation to begin with. History is written by the victors, and your version of history seems to be that of the victors. According to Lincoln, they never "invaded" anybody. They put down an uprising as far as they were all concerned.

So to answer your question, yes there was a "south" American country that the history books don't really acknowledge. The government sponsored stories of history written by those who won.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I see people here overly worried about what their fellow citizens feel toward the "authority" of the land. That authority who´s power is established and legitimized through the constitution has made itself void of said contract. The union, that is each individual state, are in effect second class nations. They pay tribute in taxes and man power for the armed forces only to receive instructions from the federal capital of Washington D.C..

Through executive privileges and other un-voted, un-guaranteed powers that the people of the USA did not give PERMISION to the federal government to have, we have seen the abuse and indeed the dissolution of the federal government's authority in any valid form.

The federal government has effectively strangled ALL forms of media, exchange and political expression. They have made a situation in which the people have been robbed of a democratic system that protects political opposition so that opposition does not feel the need to become militant in order to exist.

Military hardware being used on OUR PEOPLE and Federal personnel given powers the contract that establishes the federal government EXPLICETLY forbids. Illegal mass search and seizures. Detentions without peer review, ect.

By doing this and simultaneously controlling ALL forms of democratic and legal combat of their political consolidation of power under one branch of government and ONE MAN, they have left all true opposition with no choice but CAPITULATION to a foreign power, Washington DC. The federal power has stripped our respective states from the ability to govern its people by its people.

The union has been dissolved and replaced by an all powerful centralized federal government that should not exist according to our highest laws.

If the peoples resources for political expression, and power of civic organizing were respected the mass majority of us here would use said civic and democratic systems so as to effect change in our country. Since it is unrealistic and naive to think that at this stage in the game with a full blown shadow government leading our respective states into ruin, that they and their supporters will step aside, we must remove them since they will never do so on their own. We have less power politically than multinational corporations that look out for their interests at best and in a worst case scenario, work in the interests of a foreign power that bought into their leadership.

No, it is a treasonous crime to back a federal government that has become a foreign power governing a union of sovereign states. That union has been dissolved since its contract has been bypassed and rendered useless.

To NOT see this is to decide you want no voice or platform with your people who WILL eventually remove such a criminal entity that has created an unelected undemocratic system of power and governance. Anything else is wishful thinking.

Revolution is all they have left on the table. If they release their hold over the media and dismantle the mass propaganda machine OUR TAXES pay for which tries to influence our political landscape BY THE ELECTED. If they cease and desist of all illegal wartime activity unsanctioned by congress. If they release ALL political prisoners who are guilty of nonviolent political rallying and civic organizing.

If they do these things and other actions which demonstrate a spirit and commitment which are conducive to the respect and sovereignty of THE PEOPLE, we shall consider re-validating their tenure as the elected representatives of OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COUNTRY.

The threat of force will not dissuade us. The threat of reprimand and punishment will not dissuade us. THE ADDRESSING OF OUR ISSUE and our problems WILL be our only acceptable resolution of our grievances.

Ignoring the issue won't make it go away. We can't live and let live since they have now waged economic warfare on the American people. This has made the situation unbearable.

They have used a tragic event, 9/11, to pass legislature that effectively ends the existence of the sovereign nation of the united states. Like the Reichstag fire, this event has marked the formal appearance of the shadow government in elected office ( an election who many know was STOLEN), and this event has been used to create an illegal system of force and unlawful physical punishment of the American people. Our civil liberties that protect against those abuses have been stripped away without due process of vote and decision by our representatives.

We will only die. If you imprison us, the rest of us that are undecided will not be so when their government decides for them. If you punish us, we will grow in number and resolve. If you try and scatter us we will then organize, since now we are but a loosely affiliated people who agree on our collective situation.

If you do anything except what is legally accepted by all by the established law of the land, anything at all, you will only feed our growth and need to remove our opposition.

edit on 6-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This mentality that we are out of "options" and things of that nature portray a desperate and extreme attitude. All it takes is the right (or wrong in this case) set of circumstances to set such a person off and have them "take matters into their own hands" for what they believe is "the good of the country and his countrymen." or something of that nature. I'm not saying "This person IS a terrorist or that person is a terrorist" but the honest truth is that kind of mentality has led to people blowing up buildings.
edit on 6-7-2012 by grimreaper797 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

well then we need for our options to be respected. That is why it is so important for the government not to employ mass propaganda. It leads people to see that they have no voice in their country. No representation.

sound familiar? no taxation without representation..........

If multinational corporations had less power over our elected than US, we might consider the system again as valid and worthy. Useful even.

But no. It is a blatant lie to say that the people can get someone they want elected. It is a lie to say that that person will be allowed to remain faithful even considering that THERE IS A SHADOW GOVERNMENT WE DID NOT ELECT running the country.

they have taken ALL LEGAL AND CIVIL forms of addressing our grievances.

they have to return and restore those necessary functions of a democratic society to their proper order,

or eventually a political opposition will grow and see its only form of existence as a militant one.
This is reality, Not Nazi dream land.

We are Americans, not scared Germans of our grandparents generation. We will defy them openly and in mass, BEFORE it gets to that point.

That is the point.

edit on 6-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join