It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion(LENR) gaining acceptance in Europe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just ran into a report on a European Commission workshop regarding emerging energy technologies.

Especially interesting is paragraph 3.4 Low Energy Nuclear Reactions in Condensed Matter Page 23.

It concludes with:

The research is currently limited by economic and technical reasons, particularly in Europe. Funding the research should be the target to achieve a critical mass on a multidisciplinary level. There are only few academic institutions working on this research field and an increasing number of these institutions need to be involved, along with a network, particularly in Europe.

Link: ec.europa.eu...

edit on 3-7-2012 by moebius because: link

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Just took a look, quite an extensive document. Some of the applications sound interesting,especially the artificial photosynthesis. Will keep following this I think, as the university I work at has some focus on green applications.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by moebius

As long as you remember one thing, LENR is taken seriously, Rossi and the e-Cat is not. Do not link the two together, as Rossi is a fraud, and you will be fine. Anyone who thinks LENR is not being looked at is ignorant.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

TBH I don't give a damn about e-Cat as long as there is no third party(independent) validation. But I am surprised, that you are so destined to call Rossi/e-Cat fraud. Fraud is "an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual" and a crime. Rossi is currently located in the US and I am sure the local law enforcement would act accordingly if there was a fraud.

What I find interesting is that in the USA there is Dr. Robert Duncan at newly founded Sidney Kimmel Institute for Nuclear Renaissance at the University of Missouri and of course NASA working on LENR. And then there is Dr. Peter Hagelstein at MIT who gets private funding to research LENR(replicate Piantelli experiments) rejected.

Back to Europe. It seems that the LENR research is mainly focused in Italy. I looked for any German traces as they are quite strong in physics research from my impression. But they seem to be completely ignorant of LENR stuff.

So yes, there seems to be interest in LENR but somehow uncoordinated and not without resistance.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by moebius

TBH I don't give a damn about e-Cat as long as there is no third party(independent) validation. But I am surprised, that you are so destined to call Rossi/e-Cat fraud. Fraud is "an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual" and a crime. Rossi is currently located in the US and I am sure the local law enforcement would act accordingly if there was a fraud.

I am sorry, that is not "the" definition of fraud.
3. any deception, trickery, or humbug:
4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses;

There is a difference between the legal definition of comitting fraud and being a fraud.

Rossi is a fraud, and he is doing it for financial gain. There is also a difference between someone breaking the law and being able to prove the law was broken. Many people break the law without enough evidence to prove it.

What I find interesting is that in the USA there is Dr. Robert Duncan at newly founded Sidney Kimmel Institute for Nuclear Renaissance at the University of Missouri and of course NASA working on LENR. And then there is Dr. Peter Hagelstein at MIT who gets private funding to research LENR(replicate Piantelli experiments) rejected.

Back to Europe. It seems that the LENR research is mainly focused in Italy. I looked for any German traces as they are quite strong in physics research from my impression. But they seem to be completely ignorant of LENR stuff.

So yes, there seems to be interest in LENR but somehow uncoordinated and not without resistance.

This could also simply be a sign of the times, money is tight, funding hard to get, LENR might not be at the stage where you can get funding as no one is sure exactly what process is at work. Let's face it, a lot of what gets funding has military applications, and there are greater military applications for other forms of energy, such as NIF and the European counterpart.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Thanks for your correction. So a fraud doesn't imply an intention or criminal action, and Rossi is in your opinion a person who makes deceitful pretenses for financial gain, but you have no proof. And this is ethically a bad thing...

Nah, just kidding. I am not really interested in discussing Rossi and his motives. I think there are enough threads/posts dealing with him.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Another interesting news. It looks like National Instruments(had contact to this Rossi dude btw) are sponsoring ten LENR research teams.

www.lindro.it...
Google Translation snippet:

For this National Instruments has decided to sponsor a real search campaign double-blind, in order to understand what happens once and for all during the experiments of both controversial cold fusion. He therefore selected the 10 best teams from around the world, to provide them with the best measuring instruments made ​​possible by the present knowledge, with a sensitivity significantly higher than those previously used. And we can be proud that 10 of these top teams are well 2 Italians, to Vittorio Violante (ENEA Frascati) and that of Giuseppe Levi (INFN Bologna).

Edit:
Vittorio Violante (ENEA Frascati) has been the LENR expert attending the EU workshop talked about in the OP by the way.
edit on 5-7-2012 by moebius because: Violante info

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by moebius

Thanks for your correction. So a fraud doesn't imply an intention or criminal action, and Rossi is in your opinion a person who makes deceitful pretenses for financial gain, but you have no proof.

That is not what I said, you need to go back and read it if you want. There is not enough evidence to convict him of fraud, though there is an abundance of evidence he is a fraud.

Nah, just kidding. I am not really interested in discussing Rossi and his motives. I think there are enough threads/posts dealing with him.

I agree, I do not care to discuss him, I was making the statement for those visiting this thread that, perhaps like you, think mainstream science is against LENR, which is absolutely untrue.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moebius

Can you find anything from NI which supports this claim? I hope it's true, would be great. And NI was not a client of Rossi, Rossi was a client of theirs. His technology does not have to work for them to sell him equipment.

top topics

join