It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open call for ideas on future debates

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by 74Templar

I'm informed that OpinionatedB will be away for awhile, and has asked another member to finish the debate for her, but I believe that is against debate protocols.

As such, I see that particular debate on indefinate hold. I'll have to default to the mods decision on how to handle it.

A series of u2us has coaxed a solution for the last open debate. Hopefully we'll see it's conclusion soon. There are only three more posts to be made before it is ready for judging. I'll notify here when it's done, and since there were no pre-determined judges, we can handle it the same way as the Antar/74Templar debate, OK?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

As am I. Hopefully, we'll hear from a mod soon!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

If I may, I'd like to bow out of the judging for this debate. I am currently going through some legal/family problems that is heavily diverting my attention away, and so a break from ATS in general, including the debate forum is a necessity until things get sorted. If another fighter would be able to take my place as judge it would be much appreciated, and I apologise for leaving you all with such quick notice.

I will return soon, hopefully a wiser man.

edit on 3-8-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Take care of business, friend, and hopefully your absence will not be prolonged. Hope to see you back around soon!

I'll ask beezzer to replace you for this debate, if he doesn't mind, but we do have a pool of alternate judges to also pick from, so please, take care of family, and focus your attention where you need. The debates and ATS will still be here when you return.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Take care of business, friend, and hopefully your absence will not be prolonged. Hope to see you back around soon!

I'll ask beezzer to replace you for this debate, if he doesn't mind, but we do have a pool of alternate judges to also pick from, so please, take care of family, and focus your attention where you need. The debates and ATS will still be here when you return.

Just gimme a shout if I'm needed.

beez

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

As am I. Hopefully, we'll hear from a mod soon!

Have you u2u'd intrepid? Should I? He's another moderator I believe that is involved here.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

edit on 8/3/12 by enjoies05 because: double post

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Yes, twice, and he's read both messages. He's at least gotten the request.

The Vagabond has two messages as well, still unread.

It's your prerogative to send him another. We're doing all we can to get the debate forum up and running again, and it's not for a lack of willingness on our behalf.

However, I won't bug him again. Your turn, aye?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
No, I'm not trying to bug anyone lol. Just wasn't sure if the post was just put up here or was a u2u sent also. I should've known you sent one. You're on the ball with this forum.

I'm sure it's hard to get around to this along with other moderator duties so we'll just keep having to be patient. No worries.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'm sure intrepid still has a headache from the whole Regent "experiment", and doesn't want another right now.

Patience is a good policy.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I'm sure intrepid still has a headache from the whole Regent "experiment", and doesn't want another right now.

Patience is a good policy.

As the official Czar of Coffee and other assorted Caffeinated Beverages I will make sure Intrepid gets his fair share of whatever drink he desires

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Looks like the "Are We Alone" thread is back on track.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Yep.

Did we have three judges to go over and judge? I just posted my closing statement. As soon as my opponent does, the judges can rule.

Keep an eye for the final post in that thread, then feel free to make a decision. First three to post works for me.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Been away from ATS for a very long time. I think I would like to get back into it by starting off with a debate to see if I still have the old charm. Just u2u me what you would like debate. My strongest fields are in Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, Religion, Metaphysics, Ethics/Values/Morality, and the paranormal. If anyone is interested I would be honored to be welcomed back with a public beat down...haha...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Good to see you around.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Welcome back! Good to see another fighter re-joining the ranks.

Waiting on The Vagabond to return, ATM......

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Did I jump the gun putting up my opinion on the Are We Alone debate?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Did I jump the gun putting up my opinion on the Are We Alone debate?

No, I don't think so, they asked for judges, and you judged, quite well I think.

I'm abstaining -- as a new member to the forum, I don't want to stick my nose into every thread that exists.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I asked the first three fighters to go over and judge. Thanks for doing your "duty".

Still need two more judges to go over and make a ruling. That debate was started waaay before we decided to try a new system of judging. It's open game to judge.

That will also close out all the "open" debates going on right now......

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In an effort to get the Debate Forum going (again) I sent in a suggestion asking if were possible to have "Fighters" open up new debate threads. Just copy and pasting the post Vagabond starts out with. Since there aren't any available moderators to do it. I got no answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join