It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bhagavad.Gita.Questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Yes, very true! In attempting to point out the simplicity, I neglected this wonderful tapestry we all weave together. But you are right, simplicity gives rise to the wonderful. As for each of our contributions, it is almost impossible to see.

The results of Karma is a gigantic tapestry that none can conceive of. Not even the Devas can see all of its effects. Not even the angels in heaven, right? know the full scope. Yet it is built on the simple principle of the golden rule.

Thanks for pointing out what I missed in my post!
edit on 2-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthWanderer

Anyway...my main question: Is it possible for Source to have an origin?? If so, can he remember it since Krshna states he remembers all? Does he know where hes going? What is the ' endgame' so to speak? What is the universe doing?

As incarnation of the Supreme being he is the source of everything there is nothing greater than him.
From his form residing on Vaikuntha loka he emanates time. According to scriptures its like he is acting like a human
but uses iddqd when ever he likes.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I have found that imposing upon yourself the giving up of worldly things is opposite to the designed order.

Upon the Presence showing through the open Door, all worldy things no longer have any luster. You do not surrender all things to get to the Communion, it is the Communion that causes all things to dissolve and fade away. Absolutely everything is "sacrificed". Every religion is gone for you but you see the Path leading to the Communion hidden in them all of them that you didn't see before.

There is no choice, there is no off switch, there is no bridge to go back over to those worldy things. You wouldn't have it any other way as you dwell in constant awe constantly working to not "stare". (Nothing to do with electromagnetic frequencies in the visible light band)

Nevertheless, until one becomes perfectly fixed in bhakti-yoga, pure devotional service to the Supreme Lord, one should carefully avoid contacting material sense objects. An aspiring devotee may meet various obstacles and fall down, but in his next life he will continue his practice by dint of what he has already accomplished in devotional service.

It is better when Sri Krishna answer this for you by him self here: vedabase.net...
My opinion is that when you get started it is the best to renounce as much as you can to rise your awareness
as much as possible. There are things you can renounce and there are others you can't In
any case you should not change your life 100% try to maintain your position in life Karma has already granted you
I will give you a link to my favorite chapters of the Śrīmad Bhāgavatam
there Sri Krishna blesses everyone that is able to get this knowledge.
Its almost like when he spoke to Arjuna but here he imparts this teaching to Uddhava
Please read if you feel prepared and humble: vedabase.net...
edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: add something

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have actually begun reading the Bhagavad Gita, partially inspired by this thread. I would like to share my notes on what I have read so far, as well as the quote the writings are based on, if that's ok

Of the nonexistent(physical) there is no endurance, and of the eternal there is no change.

This is like the two-truth doctrine of Buddhism, that of ultimate truth and conventional truth. The 'nonexistent' represents conventional truth, how things appear in physical reality, and the 'eternal' represents ultimate truth. Ultimate truth, the eternal, is like the void, emptiness, which expresses in all manifestations of reality, which are impermanent.

All created beings are unmanifest in the beginning, manifest in their interim state, and unmanifest again when annihilated. So what need is there for lamentation

The self is eternal and unchanging. It manifests as body after body, but that is only the most temporary thing for the unmanifest true self. Try to imagine your self, unmanifest, absolutely eternal, not bound by space and time at all. Imagine taking up a body, your body, for a lifetime, being but a flash from the perspective of the eternal self. After this flash, your life, you return back to your unmanifest place in eternity. What consequence will be your body and its experiences in physical reality be then? Anxiety is absolute senseless, and has as its pre-requisite an absolutely nonsensically narrow point of view.

Be established in the self

Imagine everything that you want to happen did happen. Who would experience it? The self. Imagine the worst things that could possibly happen did happen. Who would experience it? The self. The self remains regardless of the way things play out, and this is what we should try to establish ourselves in. Results, then, do not matter, only presence in the self that remains, regardless of what may happen.

You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty.

By thus engaging in devotional service to the Lord, great sages or devotees free themselves from the results of work in the material world. In this way they become free from the cycle of birth and death and attain the state beyond all miseries.

Do all things for the lord. It is in this way that you can be free of attachment to results. Everything that you do is not for you, it in service of, a devotional sacrifice to, God. When the action is done, you have completed your devotional service, which was not for you. Whatever results come is irrelevant.

Your praise of God comes through your fully taking in, experiencing, and appreciating what he has facilitated in the present moment. Your devotional activity for God comes through what you do in the present moment, which is only for Her, and not you.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

look at my picture lol

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Out of so many human beings who are suffering, there are a few who are actually inquiring about their position, as to what they are, why they are put into this awkward position and so on. Unless one is awakened to this position of questioning his suffering, unless he realizes that he doesn’t want suffering but rather wants to make a solution to all suffering, then one is not to be considered a perfect human being. Humanity begins when this sort of inquiry is awakened in one’s mind.

www.bhagavad-gita.us...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I wanted to reply on some points, but Ved48 said most of what I thought of adding.

Instead I'll leave my currently favorite version of the Hare Krishna mantra, led here perhaps somewhat unexpectedly by 1980's German punk extraordinaire Nina Hagen.

Although her imagery isn't always pretty, I think it represents some of the creativity and playfulness in humans that is also a spark of the divine in everybody.

The discourse between Arjuna and Krishna has been compared to other branches of faith, such as that between St. John and Christ, however the bewildering aspect of Krishna is that it is indeed a God who enjoys Himself in His pastimes and creativity, even as He aims to take humanity from the ocean of birth and death by showing the position of material life in a gradual discussion.

edit on 4-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
SB 11.28.32: Although a self-realized soul may sometimes see an impure object or activity, he does not accept it as real. By logically understanding impure sense objects to be based on illusory material duality, the intelligent person sees them to be contrary to and distinct from reality, in the same way that a man awakening from sleep views his fading dream.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join