It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

91000 seals in Namibia to be clubbed and shot to death in a few weeks time.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by earthdude

The point being, we're eating them. And, indeed, breed them in the first place to eat them. They wouldn't exist otherwise.

There's a big difference between that and slaughtering tens of thousands of wild animals just because you can make a fortune selling parts of their body to ignornant people who subscribe to stone age superstitions.

The only difference is you partake in one activity, and not the other. So you pretend one is better than the other. It;s not. Ever been to one of the places who processes your hamburgers?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

They have such soft eyes

and tender flanks.
Domestic animals are never in danger of becoming extinct.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Actually I dont see the difference at all. Not that I am a vegitarian or anything but the animals are slaughtered so that someone can make money off of the carcass. It matters not whether that carcass is a seal or a cow. Someone is making money off of that animals death. I am not judging. I love beef and any other meat. I wouldnt have it any other way but to say there is a difference is splitting hairs. Both animals die for someones profit.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
So, I guess the seal population is in really hard shape, huh? Actually, no, the seal population is put under no strain from these quotas. It's easy to sit in your nice cozy home safely in the west, safely away from true reality and the need to literally but food on your families table. Taking a job as Fry Cook as Micky D's isn't an option for these people.

You know what sickens me? When people care more for the bloody seals than human fricken bings just trying to support themselves and their families financially.

The world-wide seal hunt isn't fun, and it's hard to watch. But neither is what goes on inside an abbotior or slaughterhouse, or any stockyard the world over.

How about you pay attention to whats going on in your own backyard before demonizing people on the other side of the world for trying to make ends meet.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Monger because: Typos

edit on 29-6-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

Who decides how big a seal population should be? The ocean and everything in it is mine also, leave them alone!
I like to think I live in reality. I know Africa, and not the tourist beaches. I have been places so bad its unbelievable.
I give a lot about these people, any people, in fact I give away a very serious amount of my salary to this people.

I will protest against the sealhunt and the abbotiors!
Destroying nature has to stop, the earth is dying. Don't eat meat and don't wear fur, its so cruel.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I beg the Aliens to put a stop to the Human race.
even if you have to kill them all !

Humans are sick.
they have done EVER sick thing that they can do.
No animal rapes its own pups/ babies.
only man.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Actually, you're wrong. Penguins (of all creatures!) will copulate with penguin chicks, even to the point of killing them. Dolphins are rapacious by nature, gangs of sexually frustrated young males have been observed holding a solitary female under the water raping her for so long that she actually drowns. They also have sexually assaulted humans from time to time.

Even the most intelligent non-human animals on the planet do some pretty sick *** to one another. It's messed up, obviously, but to suggest its a purely human behavior is ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
dissgusting,the men who do this are pure evil
edit on 1-7-2012 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

If you got off your high horse and read the article, it is contracted to one businessman from Turkey. this does not benefit any of the "poor people". In fact, these seals are a tourism industry, and will doom the locals that make any money off the tourism for a quick buck.

If you'd get off YOUR high horse, you'd realize that the entire world need not live their lives based on your opinion of whats right and whats wrongs, whats right to kill and eat and whats wrong to kill and eat.

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I have no pity for people who stick to an outdated standard of living to make money, by brutally and inhumanely kill animals to extinction for profit.

Speaking for your average sealer in Newfoundland, people like my Uncle Craig, the money they make is no fortune. They make just enough to get by. And what you call an 'outdated standard of living' from your ivory tower these people call the only way of life they know.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
dissgusting,the men who do this are pure evil
edit on 1-7-2012 by paperface because: (no reason given)

Yeah, they're right up the with ol' Dolphy Hitler, Caligula, Pol Pot, Osama bin Laden, and George W. because they hunt seals to make enough money to put food on the family table.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Nice to see another Newfie on this site. There are literally more seals off the coast of Newfoundland than there are people here. It is a HUGE problem with the seals eating all the fish here. It's people's freaking lives here. It has nothing to do with the seals "being cute". It's about survival. I bet you a million bucks half you folks have no clue where Newfoundland is and I sure as hell bet you won't be sending these sealers money every year to pay their bills. It's a way of survival, we aren't just killing the seals for a laugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join