It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockefeller Says Tech Companies Acting Like Standard Oil:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) said on Thursday that technology companies like Apple, Google and Facebook are behaving like his family's old company, Standard Oil, which the federal government broke up in the early 1900s in a landmark antitrust case.

thehill.com...

He's right ya know! Will the government be forced to do something about these enormous companies? Or are they in too deep with them and like it that way?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Personally I think the plan has changed to allow huge corporations to eventually rule the world.

eg: There is a new tv series called Continuum and in it, the supposed 'good guys' are actually called the Corporate Congress and the 'bad guys' are those who are resisting this new tyranny.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.) said on Thursday that technology companies like Apple, Google and Facebook are behaving like his family's old company, Standard Oil, which the federal government broke up in the early 1900s in a landmark antitrust case.

They wont do that now because Gov are too intertwined with corporations & the elite.

Don't know what this guy's making a fuss about, his family are accused of some of the biggest wars and fraudulent money scams to ever be committed.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

'bad guys' are those who are resisting this new tyranny.
reply to post by Kryties

Im surprised there isn't a thread on that Show yet,

The terrorist in it are for Liberty and Democracy, against the Corporate governments, trying to restore peoples rights... And the GOOD guy is the Corporate Cop trying to stop them...

Any way as for this thread I suppose it would take one to no one in this case, Isn't He the Sen that said the Internet should of never been allowed to happen...

So you know where hes coming from

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

To be honest I have thought of starting a thread on that show, I was waiting a few more weeks to be sure it wasn't canned like most decent shows seem to be these days. The issues it raises, of the 'terrorists' resisting against the Corporate Congress is almost a parallel to what is occurring today, and it is possibly where our future is headed.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He's the senator of my state. And since this place is nothing more than an impoverished ghetto, and his family is one of the richest in the entire world, I really don't care what he has to say.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

until and unless these company's act in contradiction to the governments interests i believe the days of breaking up major corporations for the sake of anti trust is gone!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the info on the show. I'm in America but I will check it out online

Wikipedia says it's doing really well in the ratings.

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com...

Currently the largest show in Canada!
edit on 28-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No worries, you should definitely check it out, it's bloody good.

That and it has the delightful Lexa Doig in it (Michael Shanks' wife, he was Daniel Jackson in Stargate SG1, she was also in SG1 as the base doctor in later seasons)!!!!!

top topics

join