It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I ask forum staff to set the ad of those 10,000 smileys not to appear every time I do anything in the forums. It disturbs.
Please respond as quickly as possible

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I must agree...I get no less than THREE pop-ups every nearly time I look at a new topic or forum....this needs to go.....

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
We've been alerted to this.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm getting them, too. I alerted Simon to them (it represents a change in the ad servers' technology and if we can't block that for registered members, we don't need to have it around... IMHO.)

I think it'll be taken care of soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Intresting, I never get any pop-up ads from here.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Neither do I. But that's only because I've blocked 'em in my browser

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I've started to get these ads today. I never see them, but Firefox alerts me whenever it blocks a pop-up. The warning appears everytime I enter a forum and go to the forum index.

It's not terribly annoying being that Firefox blocks it. But I can understand the pain.

My answer?

Get Firefox. Click the banner in my sig to download it.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Neither do I. But that's only because I've blocked 'em in my browser

I've done that at home, but it's not possible at work....you'd think the Government would have pop up blockers, now wouldn't you!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Firefox is nice, but it's alot quicker and more painless to DL Google toolbar. It yields the same results.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Mostly AOL pop ups for me...and just started today.....

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Pop Up ads? Not here. I have Avant running as a shell over IE and it blocks ads. Avant alos speeds up sluggish IE considerably.
Firefox and Opera also block ads.

Every now and then, my ISP would let a few of those nasties in, but I have changed ISPs and have had no issue thus far.
I'd like to know how ISPs are allowed to override ad blockers

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Perhaps three or four times a day while I'm at work, when entering a different thread, my screen will flash real quick with an attempt at a pop-up but it's usually gone in a second or two...

At home I'll sometimes get them when I'm trying to log in - I'll be typing my screen name and password and then all of a sudden my cursor looses its place while it loads an AOL ad or the like...grrrr

[edit on 10/6/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Me neither I do have plenty of software to handle this problems.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Dear God...I'm at work and I can't even minimize the window...the pop-ups are coming in the dozens per hour. I'm gone until this is fixed.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Trying to reply, but don't seem to be able to get past these smiley pop-up ads...........!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have the google toolbar and many of these new ones are popping up right through it. Just FYI some are coming in as popunders and only the quick flash alerts you. Weird.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I understand your frustration but I'll have to agree with Mike on mozilla, I've never had a pop up here with Firefox.
Plus, tabbed browsing makes navigating ATS a lot easier!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I never have a pop-up at home (because I have firefox), but as some one else stated, that's not an option at work.

What disgusts me the most is that it states members will not be subjected to these, and we now still are...I guess another WTF-ever moment, huh?

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I have the google toolbar and many of these new ones are popping up right through it. Just FYI some are coming in as popunders and only the quick flash alerts you. Weird.

Get yahoo pop up blocker, which comes with spyware scanner or try opera or firefox. (Personally I prefer Opera, but it seems to be crashing very often these days.)

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Our ad network provider (RightMedia) had some errors in new programming this morning that fed pop-ups to ATS members by mistake. As soon as I saw this thread, I alerted them, and the problem was corrected by about 1:30 PM EST. Sorry for the mix-up and issues. We will never (on purpose) give ATS members pop-up ads.

top topics

join