It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria shots at second Turkish plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just up on the BBC.

"Syrian forces have opened fire on a second turkish plane that was searching for
the wreckage of a jet that been shot down by syria last friday"

Turkey says Syria fired on one of its planes that was taking part in a rescue operation for a warplane shot down by Syrian forces last week.

Turkey's deputy prime minister said the CASA search and rescue plane, looking for the downed F-4 reconnaissance jet, was not brought down.

He vowed Syria's "hostile action" would "not go unpunished".
Nato will discuss the downing of the jet on Tuesday at a meeting called by Turkey, a member state.

Speaking at a televised news conference, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc did not specify when the incident took place and did not say whether the second plane was hit.
He said the Syrians had stopped firing following a warning from the Turkish side

BBC

JacKatMtn i've changed the title but still i'm starting to think everyone is nuts in
syria its like they want to have a war with turkey.
edit on 25/6/2012 by skuly because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

www.usatoday.com...

No downing confirmed , but they are accused of firing upon another Turkish aircraft..
edit on Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:56:44 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: clarity and add 2nd link

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The gauntlet has been thrown down.
Will Turkey respond or change name to Chicken?

Gulf of Tonkin, much, Hillary?

Edit from Al Jazeera:

Turkey said on Monday that Syrian forces had fired at a second Turkish plane which was searching for an F-4 reconnaissance jet shot down by Syria last week, but the second plane was not brought down.

Deputy prime minister Bulent Arinc told a news conference that Turkey would protect itself, within the framework of international law, against what it called Syria's "hostile action" of downing its warplane last week.

He said at the end of a seven-hour cabinet meeting on the incident that Syria's downing of the reconnaissance jet would not go unpunished.

edit on 6/25/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by skuly
Just up on the BBC.

"Syrian forces hove opened fire on a second turkish plane that was serching for
the wreckage of a jet that been shot down by syria last friday"

Looking for links

Shot down and opened fire are two different things entirely .. do you know which it is? .. if they are getting trigger happy then that might just cause an escalation.. especially if they are firing on a rescue plane.

link   
Turkey says Syria fired on one of its planes that was taking part in a rescue operation for a warplane shot down by Syrian forces last week.

Turkey's deputy prime minister said the CASA search and rescue plane, looking for the downed F-4 reconnaissance jet, was not brought down.

He vowed Syria's "hostile action" would "not go unpunished".

Nato will discuss the downing of the jet on Tuesday at a meeting called by Turkey, a member state.

Speaking at a televised news conference, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc did not specify when the incident took place and did not say whether the second plane was hit.

He said the Syrians had stopped firing following a warning from the Turkish side.

Mr Arinc said Turkey would protect itself within the framework of international law, but had "no intention of going to war with anyone. We have no such intent."

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Well, this is not good.

AP, Google

Reports are still limited, but the Turks are claiming Syria has just shot at a search and rescue plane, that was looking for signs of the downed Phantom.

If there was a chance of NATO not getting involved, should this turn out to be reliable information, NATO will get involved soon, methinks.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

No reports of the second plane being hit, at all. From what ive read so far. Still looking for more....

ETA image. So people know what type of plane was shot at. The one above is not turkish, but the plane is the same.
edit on 25-6-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It sounds like this happened right after the shoot down. The article that I read said they fired on a rescue plane that "rushed into the area". It would make a lot more sense that it happened immediately after the RF-4 was downed.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I agree. Im wondering why they decide to report on it today, though, instead of Friday when this all went down.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is interesting since other reports are saying:

Beneath the media hype pertaining to possible action against Syria by Turkey and NATO, Turkey's network TV suggests a different picture.

According to a statement by Turkey's foreign minister, Syria and Turkey are collaborating in the search operations in the Eastern Mediterranean off the Syrian coastline.

On Sunday, Turkish TV confirmed that the Turkish and Syrian search teams had located the wreckage of the fighter jet at a depth of 1,300 meters, in Syrian territorial waters, thereby refuting the allegations that the plane had been shot down in international waters.

globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You done had one plane shoot down and you send in a second one? That is like poking a wasp nest with a stick. What are they thinking?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Shot down and opened fire are two different things entirely .. do you know which it is?

I would say that opening fire has the potential to SHOOT SOMETHING DOWN,

I'd say..

edit on 25-6-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Maybe Turkey should keep their planes out of Syrian airspace, especially with the Russian hardware the Syrians have their hands on.

If this story is true it certainly won't help the already volatile situation:

Turkey Vows Action After Downing of Jet by Syria

Turkey’s president said Saturday that his country would do “whatever is necessary” in response to the downing of a Turkish military jet by Syria, adding a new complication to the tense relationship between the former allies split by Turkey’s support for Syrian rebels trying to overthrow the government

www.nytimes.com...

It's taken a long while for it to happen, but I think the S is finally starting to HTF...
edit on 25-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Because from the sound of the articles, at the time this happened, they didn't KNOW they had one shot down. All they knew for sure was that they had one missing, and they were looking for the pilots.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My response would be a few cruise missles aimed at the offending gun emplacements. Simple reply is all and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The stench of a war is tingling my nose.. It's gonna get real soon. That's my bet atleast.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
ok ok...i know what people might think...you look at my avatar ....and you think...Damn he is some religious mo fo...

Well you could not be further from the truth....But Now i am really going to look like some bible thumping dick head...but no..I just happened to come across this stuff...because as you know the Net can be a web of confusion and illusion....ok enough of the blather....this is a pdf i found.

Damascus is the oldest continuously inhabited city in recorded history dating back four thousand
years to the time of Abraham (Genesis 14:15). It is Syria‟s capital, housing about four million
people in or around its metropolitan areas. It is a strategic target for Israel because every known
terrorist organization has a hub or headquarters located there. God‟s Word declares that
Damascus will be destroyed in the Last Days. Will this occur before, during, or toward the end
of the seven year Tribulation period?

ok so we look at that crud.....and go ok when was this stuff written(Speaking in some strange dialect in my own head for unknown reason...lol)...any ways...because that is not point.

ok then i get to this bit...

Jeremiah 49:26-27 provides this insight: “„Therefore her (Damascus‟s) young men shall fall in
her streets, and all the men of war shall be cut off in that day,‟ says the LORD of hosts. „I will
kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall consume the palaces of Ben-Hadad.‟”

what is dat....was there da protests....all this in one day...damn....gonna get busy there is it not.

but we continue...don't ask me the passages come from or what books...I don't know...All i know it was written...when?

(Jeremiah 49:23-24). “There is trouble on the sea”

well there is some trouble on the sea...over the sea...you know that kinda thing....anyho it was interpreted difeerently in the PDF...but i am just using the passage which i am sure is free available ...maybe god has a copy.

but we get to this....

Amos 1:3-5 adds additional insight: “Thus says the LORD: „For three transgressions of
Damascus, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment, Because they have threshed
Gilead with implements of iron. But I will send a fire into the house of Hazael, Which shall
devour the palaces of Ben-Hadad. I will also break the gate bar of Damascus, and cut off the
inhabitant from the Valley of Aven, and the one who holds the scepter from Beth Eden. The
people of Syria shall go captive to Kir,‟ Says the LORD.”

now there was the day establishment...Israel....(this is a break down of the pdf's version
then the six day war....1967....then yom kippur 1973

All three transgressions by syria....

But also of on a tangent...wasn't GILEAD the name of the company that both Rumsfeld and Cheney had shares that made Tami-flu...the out dated bird flu virus killer which they could create the illusion of a pandemic so they create the swine flu scare repackaged...made billions as they sold all over the world...blah blah...never mind was wandering....this is where things lead you though...connections.

anyways.....i just thought i would pass along my meanderings as it actually might fit in here.

this is the name of the pdf the external content is from....When will Damascus be destroyed?

google it you find it....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Most people are unaware of the fact that most part of Syria's electricity comes from Turkey. Cutting their power will be one of the possible retaliations IMO

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Syria gets 10% of its electricity from Turkey...significant but not TOO significant i guess.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm getting a little bit tired of the different versions of all of this, it seems that no one knows what's actually going on.

Although no one is saying whether the first plane was in Syrian airspace, Turkey has not refuted Syria's statement that is was.

Turkey then states that they will retaliate, but then they say they are working together to search for the crew.

Repeated statements that they're having military meetings, and then they sit on their hands for three days...

Today I saw the reports of a second plane fired on by Syria, and at the same time Turkey states there will be no military action against Syria.

Now I'm reading reports about Turkey saying there WILL be retaliation.

Whoever is writing this script is doing a great job of spreading disinformation. The confusion around all of this is enough to make me think some powers are deliberately trying to confuse the public and keep people guessing. It might just be an extension of the military desire to confuse and scatter opinions prior to something, but I believe there might be more going on here.

Why is the MSM saying there is no intention of military retaliation - while on-line sources seem to be reporting Turkey considering a military response? And if the latter is true, why has it taken them more than three days to retaliate.

Once again, if Turkey was in Syrian airspace they have no right to be complaining about their plane being shot down. They were caught spying and they should swallow the loss of those men with dignity. However, I do think someone should be doing something to stop the Assad regime. Morally, we have a duty to stop a maniac like Assad from killing his own people, but responding for this reason while we've sat back and watched it without doing anything so far would be an insult.

The deaths of innocent civilians should have been enough to take action against Assad. If action is taken because a couple of Turkish military died in course of their work, that would send a terrible message to the Syrian people - just a couple of Turkish military men are worth hundreds of Syrian citizens.

<<   2 >>

join