It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria shots at second Turkish plane

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
no, it's not like they want war with turkey, They are protecting their sovereign airspace, the turks are kind of provoking them into firing, to give more excuses for NATO to invade, this all smells fishy, there is some "hidden agenda" we all already know, I think the US and Isreal are the true responsible of this, they might be pushing Turkey.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My understanding was the plane(F4)that was shot down was never over any land belonging to Syria.

What the plane did was cut the corner of the sea boundary about 8 miles out as it was flying to international waters.
Intensional or navigation error ??????? only the pilots know.

Easy to do as its not like you can see a line in the water or a ground boundary on land..
I believe Syria shot down the plane to divert some of the news about them killing there own people.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler
Most people are unaware of the fact that most part of Syria's electricity comes from Turkey. Cutting their power will be one of the possible retaliations IMO

news.yahoo.com...

Turkey's Energy Minister, Taner Yildiz, meanwhile, signaled that his government is to cut electricity supplies to the conflict-torn country, where escalating violence has claimed thousands of lives and forced hundreds of thousands of people from their homes.

Turkish companies provide Syria with on average 2 billion kilowatt/hour of electricity per year — around 10 percent of Syria's annual power consumption. Yildiz said a decision on the issue could be announced Tuesday by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan who is expected to address his party legislators in parliament and reveal what retaliatory measures Turkey will take against Damascus for downing down the plane.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If it was really turkey's intention and doing this on purpose to provoke,
i doubt they would of ever admitted any wrong doing...

I think it really was an accident. With syria scared to the bones they over reacted

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sooooooo.....does that mean, we won't be having an Olympics?
Ah maaaaan! Can't they wait??? On a lighter note...Tuesday....is the God of WAR.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just further demonstration of the idiotic Syrian regime at it's utmost idiocy. It's like they want to be invaded.
Nevertheless, nothing major will come out of it.

On a lighter note, this thread reeks of fear mongering. Can you guys even keep up with the amount of time you say stuff like "S has hit the fan!" or "I smell war is coming" - yet nothing happens? Seriously don't you ever learn?
edit on 25-6-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thats ATS!!! It happens ALL THE TIME. The "next event" is always the spark to WWIII. You try to tell the folks on here it isnt and they all get mad.

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Just further demonstration of the idiotic Syrian regime at it's utmost idiocy. It's like they want to be invaded.
Nevertheless, nothing major will come out of it.

On a lighter note, this thread reeks of fear mongering. Can you guys even keep up with the amount of time you say stuff like "S has hit the fan!" or "I smell war is coming" - yet nothing happens? Seriously don't you ever learn?
edit on 25-6-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Thats ATS!!! It happens ALL THE TIME. The "next event" is always the spark to WWIII. You try to tell the folks on here it isnt and they all get mad.

or the 'next big one' with the EQ or SolarFlare events

One thing always to follow is the logistics and the accumulation of military strategic locations to be able to assess some logic and validate the theory about a conflict. So far we have been reading about troop buildups, naval vessels being shifted around, SAMs being positioned etc etc. Everyone should know that once it starts, what are the plans to supply the much needed ammo and fuel, maintenance, spare parts to sustain a long/short conflict? Most people forget that preparation and sustainment of a conflict is generally the most cumbersome and expensive ordeal. Wars might last few days or months or years but its the before and after part that costs a lot of money. If someone can compile all the information (ATS version) of it, then it would become a bit more clearer as per when (if at all) someone decides to fire the first real shot of the conflict. Obviously the best solution would be no war/conflict/skirmish but unfortunately I doubt that will happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join